PDA

View Full Version : A promise is a promise?

January 25th, 2008, 11:28
The PPP made abolishing the (financial) controls a key promise in the Dec 23 election.

тАШтАШWe did say in our campaign platform we want to scrap this policy but now we are in the government. We have to be careful about what we say or do,тАЩтАЩ Dr Surapong said.

Bangkok Post

January 25th, 2008, 16:55
Well, I guess at least he's honest. Most places they'd just lead you on forever

andrewcraig
January 25th, 2008, 16:58
The PPP made abolishing the (financial) controls a key promise in the Dec 23 election.

тАШтАШWe did say in our campaign platform we want to scrap this policy but now we are in the government. We have to be careful about what we say or do,тАЩтАЩ Dr Surapong said.

Bangkok Post

Do you understand what you are posting

For me it makes absolutely no sense

January 25th, 2008, 17:10
It seems to me that what he is saying that, the PPP before the election said that abolishing the (financial) controls was a key promise and that they would do it if they won the election.

But now here is a statement from the Bangkok Post from the new government from Dr. Suripong himself:

тАШтАШWe did say in our campaign platform we want to scrap this policy but now we are in the government, We have to be careful about what we say or do,тАЩтАЩ

So they've broken an election promise before they have even begun.

January 25th, 2008, 17:15
I could not have said it better!!

January 26th, 2008, 04:08
I could not have said it better!!
I like the way he spaced his sentences.

Made it so much easier to read.

January 26th, 2008, 08:57
Bravo Diao maa old chap. You smartarse. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

George.

January 26th, 2008, 09:02
Politicians lying? What else would you expect in Thailand? Would never happen in the West.........