PDA

View Full Version : lipo

thrillbill
January 24th, 2008, 23:20
I was wondering if anyone out there has had lipo suction done? I go to the gym 5 times a week and work out with weights and do 30 minutes of cardio...I normally stay away from fried foods and my intake of starch is limited. My food intake is around 2000 calories a day. Since I do weights, I do eat a lot of protein. My physique is in great shape...very toned but my belly area has a ring of fat around it. I do set ups but it doesn't seem to help. Because I am near 50 that is were the fat has settledn and it doesn't seem to go away and I'm tired of it. So I was thinking of having a little bit of lipo done... any suggestions? ---SERIOUS SUGGESTIONS THAT IS

thaiworthy-old
January 25th, 2008, 00:34
Bill, you are already in tip-top shape as near as I can see. I always thought liposuction was a measure used by obese people, of which you are obviously not. In most cases, I would imagine that is something that is medically necessary, but not for you. Not really. There might be some risk to it if you don't need it. Otherwise, you're really not that vain, are you? Just relax, keep doing was you're doing and you'll be fine. A little middle age spread is normal. I think it's called adipose tissue and it's hard to get rid of for anyone.

On the other hand, I could certainly use some fat drainage. But I would attempt the other things you are doing (diet and exercise) first. :hah:

dab69
January 25th, 2008, 03:31
don't know how accurate this is, but the latest I have heard is that a certain type of healthier fat is needed to rid yourself of the, uhmmm,... "interstitial" fat. the healthy needed fat was of the type derived from nuts and such.

ned kelly-old
January 25th, 2008, 06:46
I have known a few people get it done(including my sister) and they were pleased with the results. Check out the websites for Bumrungrad or BNH for prices and access to surgeons resumes.....your required procedure is more body contouring and if you think you will look and feel better as a consequence, then my advice is go for it.
A point to note however is that it is still a surgical operation and it is important that it is performed by competent surgeons in a proper operating theatre. Avoid any of the cosmetic shops that perform laser surgery, etc as it is hard to imagine that they could be suitable......a few years ago there was a case of a young Thai girl who died following this operation via such an outlet in Chang Mai.
Because it is an operation where you will be put under via local anesthetic with a lot of bodily prodding and bruising expect to feel like shit for a few days after.

January 25th, 2008, 09:17
... on the keyword "liposuction" I believe this topic was done to death in a thread only a few months ago

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 25th, 2008, 20:31
I'm a walking testimony to lipo-suction thrillbill and as you can see by my avatar it's a resounding success !!

If it's your stomach where you wish to have it done let me tell you-one of the most bloody painful things I've ever experienced..and I've known pain in my day. You wear a corset for a few weeks ( I added a gorgeous hoop skirt, low cut blouse, hoop earrings and looked for all the world like an aging Jane Russell)

There is a problem with lipo on your stomach...apparently there can be 2 layers of fat..one on the very inside and one on the outside -separated by muscle. They cannot remove the inside layer so it depends where the most fat lies.

However no matter how your weight fluctuates-the fat does not come back to wherever you have been lipo-sucked !!

I've also had it done on my chin and had a developing double chin removed. Fabulous and I look ten years younger !!!
(IE-70 instead of 80). Absolutely no pain there. The stomach is the most painful area but it's worth it !!!

I think they have a more advanced method now where the fat is disolved first and then sucked out..less painful.

January 26th, 2008, 02:29
I'm a walking testimony to lipo-suction thrillbill and as you can see by my avatar it's a resounding success !!Dear Doris

"Liposuction" is not a long word for oral sex. I didn't want you to get confused

Your pal

H.

January 26th, 2008, 22:48
I go to the gym 5 times a week and work out with weights and do 30 minutes of cardio... My food intake is around 2000 calories a day. Since I do weights, I do eat a lot of protein. My physique is in great shape...very toned but my belly area has a ring of fat around it. I do set ups but it doesn't seem to help. Because I am near 50...

Any 50 year old who works out seriously 5 times a week but only consumes 2000 calories a day (mainly "protein") needs to have a serious look at his diet and his overall health. Additionally, anyone with a minimum of physical training expertise could tell you that "sit ups" have no direct effect on visible belly fat whatsoever.

While you may think you are "in great shape" you appear to need serious advice on diet and exercise, particularly at your age.

January 27th, 2008, 00:40
While you may think you are "in great shape" you appear to need serious advice on diet and exercise, particularly at your age.My daily exercise consists of picking up newspapers to read how many people have died on the squash court, in the gym, or otherwise exercising vogrously

Sen Yai
January 27th, 2008, 06:14
My daily exercise consists of ..............., or otherwise exercising vogrously

Vogrously? Is this another one of those long words that you warn us about?

January 27th, 2008, 10:22
It's exercising with Vogrons

January 27th, 2008, 13:57
Pay no mind to Homi. He had Lipo and it didn't help a'tall. He's still a fat head!

What is about 6" long, black & has two nuts? (answer below.)
Nuts, it seems, are healthy. Maybe that's why Homi needs no exercising.
(Exorcising is a different matter entirely.)
Seriously; almonds, cashews, pecans, peanut oil & peanut butter contain monounsaturated fat.
My nutritionist one should have a-dozen-a-day.
The problem: I prefer mine on something black & about six inches long: an Almond Joy, damn it!

January 28th, 2008, 04:54
About 15 years ago I had my upper eyelids worked on by a plastic surgeon as I had inherited baggy eyelids. Then about ten years ago had a similar procedure done on my lower eyes.

Back then, my surgeon in California told me he could remove the fat in my "flanks" that he said could never be removed by exercise alone. He was right. Think its what you call body countering now. My regret is not having that done.

Today, people still think I look ten or fifeteen years younger than my 66 years due to my "fresh" looking face due to the eye job way back then.

Obviously, I recommend it if done by a good plastic surgeon in the best of hospitals.

I am very impressed with Bumrungrad in BKK. However, after a complete physical there two months ago I had a consultation with an old fart in the Plastic Surgery center. He did not inspire me and I left dissappointed. I wanted advice on reducing some fat under my chin/jaw area caused by old age sagging. He did not inspire me. But, am sure they have good doc's and the prices on their website are a fraction of prices in the US.

Go for it...........after finding a good doctor in a top rated hospital facility.