View Full Version : March 1st - Kevin and Marsha open The Birdcage in Day Night.

January 22nd, 2008, 19:09
As from the 1st of MARCH Guys GoGo will be no more.
{edited after Kevin's post 26 January - jinks}

Kevin, with Marsha by his side, will transform the bar into a unique entertainment complex.

The new bar will be called THE BIRDCAGE.

Big changes are planned over the next few weeks.

There will be 2 shows nightly at 11pm and 12am. This will start from the 1st February.

There will be a new Disco area and also a VIP Bar installed. There will also be big cages installed around the bar with Coyote Dancers.
Tuk Tuks will be available to pick up customers and drop them of home in the evening.

There will also be a lot of other changes, which will keep the customers happy.No corners will be cut.

When all the changes have been made, we will announce a grand opening party date with Special guest and brand new shows. Plus a great free buffet.

We hope that all the customers that stuck by us since Throb days and also Topman recently will join us in making this great fun place to come to.

www.birdcagepattaya.com (http://www.birdcagepattaya.com)

January 22nd, 2008, 19:22
When I made my spoof post in the Topman thread about Kevin being the new owner and joining forces once more with you Mark, I said: For those that find any of the above information a little too far fetched, or to put it in more simple terms, a load of old bollocks, you would be right to do so. However, watch this space for some news in the near future that some may find even more surprising than that above.

Well I am pleased that news is now public and you have been able to make it even earlier than you at first thought it would be possible. I would like to be the first here to wish both Kevin and yourself every success in this new venture, which I have no doubt whatsoever it will be.

Choc Dee to you both. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggthumpup.gif

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

catawampuscat
January 22nd, 2008, 19:25
Great news!

I have an idea. Why not make the Birdcage the first no smoking a/c bar in Pattaya/Jomtien.
The ban comes into effect a few weeks later and this way kquill will be able to enjoy his bar as
will the rest of us who detest tobacco smoke.

This could be the spark that bring Day-Night back into a serious contender for the third major center of
boy bars. It already has the restaurants and a great location between Sunee Plaza and Pattayaland Sois. :cat:

January 22nd, 2008, 20:03
This could be the spark that bring Day-Night back into a serious contender for the third major center of
boy bars. It already has the restaurants and a great location between Sunee Plaza and Pattayaland Sois. :cat:

I totally agree that this should put Day-Night back on the map in Pattaya. I wish Kevin & Mark all the best and look forward to seeing the finished result. I am sure it will be spectacular.

Marsha, you don't say if this is a complete buy out from the present owner of Guys Bar or has Kevin gone into partnership with him. ??

January 22nd, 2008, 20:27

I totally agree that this should put Day-Night back on the map in Pattaya. I wish Kevin & Mark all the best and look forward to seeing the finished result. I am sure it will be spectacular.

Marsha, you don't say if this is a complete buy out from the present owner of Guys Bar or has Kevin gone into partnership with him. ??

As I had said many times, Guys seemed to be a good place for a show bar. I do wish there was an earlier show...like 10:30pm. As to who owns what, I don't see that is anyone's concern.

Good luck.

thrillbill
January 22nd, 2008, 20:54
IT will be great to have another venue to go to that will have some class (I hope). And I hope the disco part with the coyote dancers is also top notch and not like the shack (in my opinion) of Xray with the coyote dancers being mostly the skinny nellie types that look like they just graduated from elementary school. Yes, enforce the non-smoking ban but have some table and chairs for those who wish to sit outside and have a puff.

January 22nd, 2008, 20:55
Just for information, its complete buyout by Kevin.

January 22nd, 2008, 21:13
Yes, enforce the non-smoking ban but have some table and chairs for those who wish to sit outside and have a puff.

Second that wholeheartedly - excellent proposal!! Will certainly give it my custom if it is going to be run as well as Throb/Splash was when you were both there - but PLEASE keep the music volume down to a bearable level. Good luck to you both.

Assume from the preceding post that Kevin has given up his plans for a hotel halfway to Jomtien?? But maybe I am wrong (again, some might say) and he is now competing with the Kamnan Poh family for the ownership rights to Pattaya !!!!!! :geek:

jinks
January 22nd, 2008, 21:30
I'd love to rush back for your opening but sadly I must work.

GOOD LUCK with the new venture, see you in December.

January 22nd, 2008, 23:42
A new classy venue - who could complain about that.

My first impression of the name was good and then I thought Birdcage - that was the Robin Williams' fair re-make of French and fabulous Cage aux Folles movie. Birdcage was the name of their bar in St Tropez (?) where mature men performed as women. A rather distant style to The Chippendales.

I suspect that it will have nothing to do with either and will become famous in it's own right.

January 22nd, 2008, 23:54
Great news. This is just what the town needs.

Both of you work well together and im sure it will be the in place just like Throb use to be.

Keep us informed of the Grand Opening. Will be there for sure.

Good luck

January 23rd, 2008, 00:16
wowpow, i do agree on the name--would not be my choice, but then it is not my bar--but it does give the impression, from its previous well-known uses, of something other than a place hosting sexy young, masculine young men.

Marsha-old
January 23rd, 2008, 01:10
Was in Boys Town tonight and thats where i heard the great news.

You 2 guys are the talk tonight. If anyone can make a go of that bar, its you 2.

I really do hope that the bar is a great success. You both know what your doing so im sure it will be.

I agree, make the bar the first non smoking bar.

See you on the 1st February.

January 23rd, 2008, 03:52
... that is being built by KQUILL

globalwanderer
January 23rd, 2008, 08:52
Congratulations guys. I am in Manila on the 1st otherwise I'd be there. But will drop by as soon as I am back

lonelywombat
January 23rd, 2008, 10:35
For those like me that were not sure where guys a go go is/ was

This map one of 5 on gayaffairspattaya.com is excellent . map 3 day nite

http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm

travelerjim
January 23rd, 2008, 10:36
Was in Boys Town tonight and thats where i heard the great news.

You 2 guys are the talk tonight. If anyone can make a go of that bar, its you 2.

I really do hope that the bar is a great success. You both know what your doing so im sure it will be.

I agree, make the bar the first non smoking bar.

See you on the 1st February.

Kevin & Mark...

Congratulations and best Wishes for SUPER SUCCESS in your new club...

I am hopeful that there will be "new life" and "acts" in the new show...

Frankly...I have seen the show many many times at Throb and Top Man...
I have enjoyed the shows...but changes need to be made, in my opinion.

There is a need for creative newness...in stage songs, acts, and more handsome "boys" :-)
and NEW dancers and Coyote boys should be the ticket to more success.

I am sure you know this already and probably are searching for more
talent for your show and stage.

One suggestion...Your Isaan Music Shows at throb were a SUPER HIT with me
and full house crowds saw the Isaan Music Shows...

The Isaan music, dancing and singing is captivating
and enjoyed by all I could see in the club.

Maybe you can bring it back as a regular show time each night or special nights ???

Monty's had several real fine talent - absolutely beautiful and talented boys from Isaan -
especially "ART" of Udon Thani..at age 19 he could dance, sing and/or lip sync Isaan songs
with great stage presence and finesse on Monty"s stage...
ART was a natural on stage and very, very handsome fella too ...and liked by all who saw him perform :-)

ART along with other youthful and handsome Isaan boys - all with real talent that needs developing by a real expert like Marsha ...
to bring out the best of them on stage...Art was a "star in the making and waiting to be discovered and groomed"
when Monty had his Isaan Music Show...if somehow he and others from Isaan could be brought to your stage...
they would pack the house...and the place would be jumping.

I believe and early Isaan Music Show...say at 9:00pm and 10:00pm with 5 Isaan Singers
and Dancers would fill the club - for the early club goers...with Isaan Music...
your Coyote Dancers and more to see and enjoy :-)

Followed by your regular nightly show times of 11:00pm and 12:00 midnight.

May I second and heartily support the notion wishes by others in this thread for a SMOKE FREE CLUB...
and PLEASE....NOT a "non-smoking section" as you tried at Throb ....and failed in my opinion.

I look forward to visiting and enjoying your new club and show time.

Hopefully, I will be in Pattaya on February 1st...or shortly thereafter
to witness the new GREATNESS which will be a hit in Pattaya clubs :-)

See you all soon...and thanks for allowing me to share my ideas for your new club.

TravelerJim

puckered_penguin
January 23rd, 2008, 16:01
Congratulations Kevin.

Save us from the Esarn show as a regular event please.

Also to survive , as in Throb, I guess you will be heavily dependent on the strait crowd seeing your shows so please make separate toilets. i.e. gay and strait or men and women, the choice is yours.

January 23rd, 2008, 20:55
What a dream team, itтАЩs an event, when you get true pros clubbing together, so many People, think they know how to run a Club with many different public opinions, but there is nothing like those who know how to give the buying public what they want, with your proven record. and if you keep up with the times, with something, new something old, as they did at BOYZ, BOYZ, BOYZ, with different, area Bars, Disco, plus show Bar as Lek, was going to do before, there financier pulled out.

Gayz love to cruise and this also means in bars, being able to go from one area to another, is hot for them and if you can get some nice Thai guyz there after the shows and make it into a late cruise disco as well as a show bar, with some handsome hunks, your fill the place, as you know to walk into a bar and it s is throbbing with action and handsome customers, as years ago, I use to go to Roma Club in Bangkok, fantastic shows, fantastic guys to cruise and reasonable drinks, but in those days they use to cater for Thai guys first, farangs, second, try extending your Tina Turner, to others.

I use go to La Cage Restaurant in Los Angles it was very good food, full of Film Stars, but then the waiters use to get up on stage and do a show, talk about Wow Factor, it was amazing, also the biggest show in the UK is Blackpool
"Funny Girls" may be Kevin knows Basil, and has been there, I've tried to bring him here again, but he is not interested, they are packed nightly.
Something very different. Also I owned a Hotel, Restarant, with a Night Club, in London, we did so much with lighting, if this is a complete new rethink, of an old idea your do very well, IтАЩm sure.

All the best, canтАЩt wait get back to Thailand to see the end result. See below or go to the States and see what they do there in the gay bars, I was there recently in Florida, so much happening and never an empty seat in the house, if you analyze all the clubs, I went to, with a show all they do is have. Someone like Marsha, insult the audience in the nicest possible way, some times not or if women go, they give them a hard time, then have a few very well dressed drag queens, acting out Cher, or any of the other singing Star, Divas around, but they are faultless. Then they have an ugly Drag queen make fun of her self and the audience. sounds old hat but it sells big time with handsome hunks dancing around the place just few ideas as I'm sure you have many yourself.

http://www.rivierahotel.com/entertainment_lacage.asp

January 24th, 2008, 01:17
what's happening to the new hotel

Just to keep this one in the domain for Marsha or KQUILL to answer

January 24th, 2008, 01:36
Gents,

We will accept and listen to all your comments.

I promise we will do our best for everyone on pricing, structure, shows etc.

There will be areas for smokers and an even bigger area for Non smokers!

Please I am a reformed smoker but I do not wish to tell or lecture anyone on how to live their life, WE will try to please everyone [ which is never easy!]

Thanks

January 24th, 2008, 01:51
what's happening to the new hotel

Just to keep this one in the domain for Marsha or KQUILL to answer

Whitedesire,

Give me a chance to post the drawings. Coming very soon.

Kevin.

jinks
January 24th, 2008, 21:54
Let's keep the smoking issue in the side thread.

Here the New Bar. Kevin - when the hotel is ready - a seperate thread please.

Wesley
January 25th, 2008, 08:10
Wish you guys the best with your new adventure, I will shortly relocate to the Philippines as soon as it is finished I will make a trip into visit you.

all the Best

Wes

January 26th, 2008, 10:27
Guys,,

Mark is in England at the moment so does not know the up to date.

To make matters worse, I had my phone taken at a restaurant by a young man whilst I was discussing computer programmes for cashiers! This could not have happened at a worse time.

Not to worry, I will be on the same number again, hopefully today.

The up to date issue is, that The licenses need to be changed into the new name, Also, the Entertainment license has not been fully granted to the bar, only license applied for by the present owners

I along with Tam and my lawyer are meeting the authorities this week,to clear, as Guys has had two problems with the law recently, regards licenses and I am not going to allow it to happen to us, if I can help it.

Also, Mark does not return until the second week of February, costumes have to be made ready [ all new] and shows trained up, which is Mark's job, as I am too busy for this.

Lastly, we have to form a new company to take over,new stationary with VAT registrations, employ new staff as well as re training some of the old who wish to stay, obtain Landlords permission in writing, [as we have it verbally already] .I have placed monies down,[deposits] with a receipt as a sign of good faith.

New signage had to be ordered, new areas formed to adhere to the new laws coming in regards smoking in air conditioned bars, Advertising has to be done with new shows and a grand opening.

In my opinion, it will be March 1st, even moving at good speed to ensure the facilities are ready for customers, to the standard we need to achieve to ensure its success.

January 27th, 2008, 11:23
Gents,

Thanks all for your support, questions, and hopefully we can get the place on the right track [ He says ]

Anyway, answering a few of your questions, I do know Basil and have been to Funnygirls a few times. A few of those ideas were adopted by the Birdcage Manchester and Leeds.

Daytime Hotel will permit the use of parking in the Day night areas but will not guarantee or reserve parking as the do get tour buses, so it is pot luck.

I do intend to get a decent up to date Tuk Tuk seating about eight or nine people soon we hope as there is a mountain of work ahead. Marsha should get his big rump back here and assist me!

January 30th, 2008, 20:20
[Kevin said |:- тАЬThere will be 2 shows nightly at 11pm and 12am. This will start from the 1st February.тАЭ
\
\Kevin said- тАЬMarch 1st - Kevin and Marsha open The Birdcage in Day Night. тАЬ
\
\Kevin can you clear up exactly what is going to happen on the 1st February, I'ved have had a few guy write to me from my mailing list, saying is the bar open, as Guys or Birdcage or even open.
\
\I hope you are going to incorporate one of the very successful elements, the two jimmyтАЩs Included in there most popular Bars, тАЬBOYZ BOYZ BOYZтАЭ and тАЬJimm jimmyтАЩsтАЭ you use to also have in тАЬ[SlashтАЭ TV monitors, with all the best old and new Dance videos, Jim Jimmies has the best, he is the one to advise you, if you need any with all your experience, but the reason I say this is its all created, via computer and no DJ needed.

jinks
January 30th, 2008, 21:46
In my opinion, it will be March 1st, even moving at good speed to ensure the facilities are ready for customers, to the standard we need to achieve to ensure its success.

Saves time :)

February 1st, 2008, 13:48

Saves time :)

Thanks Jinks!

Short and to the point.