PDA

View Full Version : The other Silom....

February 23rd, 2006, 10:59
Has anybody been in Bangkok/Silom this last week and can tell me if this is the normal closing times in the area? I couldn't believe when I arrived a few days ago that the bars started kicking out about 12.30am and were closed by 1.00am. As the week has gone on the closing time has actually gotten earlier, the other night it was 12.00am for drinking up time and last night many of the bars were actually closed by 11.45pm. I haven't really been to the gay areas in Bangkok before and this is a total shocker to me. I have been keeping a little review of the bars etc of this area (to be posted on this site later - be warned) and its bloody difficult to get around to them all when they keep shutting up early!

:cheers:

ps. The smileys, now I know as emoticons, are back, so please ignore my other ps on another thread saying they had all ran off! :geek:

dab69
February 23rd, 2006, 12:15
with closing times so early will they have to start piss testing @ 8:30?

where are the after bar hangouts? the street/sidewalks?

can they serve burgers at Burger King after midnight?

February 23rd, 2006, 12:25
Fatman - I hope you are only talking about the GoGo bars and not the non-commercial-sex bars in Silom Sois 2 & 4?

thrillbill
February 23rd, 2006, 17:58
Many of the bars close around 1 am on Soi 4 but the soi next to Burger King where DJ's and the other dance clubs are stay open beyond 2am...then there is another dance club, (real , real cruisy-if you don't meet someone there, then you do need to go to the ghettos of BKK and pick up someone) and I think that is on Soi Anuman Ratchathon nearX2. All of the taxis and tuk tuks know where it is when you leave DJ's. (no one seems to know the name of the club) Anyway, I look forward to going there because there is such a good mix of good looking Thais waiting for some morning fun just like I am . (Rumor has it that some policeman runs it so that is why it can stay open until 4am). :compress: :compress: