PDA

View Full Version : Mike Hotel

January 16th, 2008, 06:23
Have not been to Pattaya for 2 years. Used to stay at Mike Hotel near Pattayaland. How is it now? Any renovation going on? Any construction nearby?

Grateful any comments. Thanks.

Jim

January 16th, 2008, 11:02
Mike is still the same. Somewhat run down as no money has gone into rennovations. The location is its best feature.

jolyjacktar
January 16th, 2008, 14:49
This hotel is the pits. I went to look at it with an English friend in 2006, not only were they drab but the ones we saw smelt of mildew.

January 16th, 2008, 15:46
This hotel is the pits. I went to look at it with an English friend in 2006, not only were they drab but the ones we saw smelt of mildew.
Went in there last November visiting a farang friend on a short stay. As said above the place is the pits. Certainly his room and the corridors looked as though they had not had a proper clean for ages and were badly in need of decoration/renovation.

Added to that, friend commented that the place has a lot of arab guests who entertain their Thai breeders and who are not only noisy but disapproving (and in a few cases positively hostile) to anyone with a boy in tow. He said NEVER AGAIN - he would have moved round the corner into LCR or Ambience but he was only in town for three days before going to Phuket.

January 17th, 2008, 02:32
I agree with the comments above. I have stayed there twice on a very brief stay 1 or 2 nights. The first time not to bad but place is run down. Second time as I was only staying for one night and could not get into the Cafe Royale, I checked in, put my bag in and took off for the beach. Room reeked of smoke. I returned later that day and settled in and realized I could not stand the smell. I took my bag walked out and went to the Ambience for the night where I was able to get a room as someone had cancelled. Never even asked for a refund. Place is in need of a makeover but it IS cheap. Does have that pool on the roof too but insure you get a non smoking room (if they even have them) if you don't smoke.

January 17th, 2008, 05:41
Thanks for the responses. Looks like Mike has not changed much then in the last 2 years! They used to have an apartheid policy: arabs one floor, thai another and farang another so we did not see each other! also no problems with joiners. Any other options with similar price range (Baht 800?) nearby? Serene is worse, Welcome used to be inconsistent with joiners........

Cheers

Jim

January 18th, 2008, 20:57
We stayed at Welcome Plaza a few weeks ago. We had a junior suite costing about 1600 per night which was enormous, clean and well furnished but the bathroom was a major let-down (very mouldy, shabby and generally falling apart). Two of us checked into the room and the staff downstairs never had a problem with a third person going up to the room with us.

TrongpaiExpat
January 18th, 2008, 21:13
We stayed at Welcome Plaza a few weeks ago. We had a junior suite costing about 1600 per night which was enormous, clean and well furnished but the bathroom was a major let-down (very mouldy, shabby and generally falling apart). Two of us checked into the room and the staff downstairs never had a problem with a third person going up to the room with us.

Who cares how much you paid or the condition of the bath room. I want to hear about the detalis of what happen with that "third person" who went up to the room with "us".

January 18th, 2008, 21:28
Mentioned the threesome purely to illustrate that we did not experience any joiner fee issues. You could use your imagination to fill in the bits I am not going to tell you LOL