PDA

View Full Version : Topman Chippendale Show cancelled.

January 14th, 2008, 19:07
As from today there will be no more Topman Chippendale Show.

Since doing the show from the 18th of December, the bar has been full most nights.

Certain promises were made by the owners, which have never been kept. The bar makes good money, yet the staff have to wait over 3 days late to get there salary.
I myself have received not 1 baht.

There are no good GoGo boys in the bar and the owner does not wish to change that.

Thank you to every one who has supported the show, it has been a fun month.Hopefully we will appear soon somewhere else.

January 14th, 2008, 19:30
Don't worry, it was a learning curve, this is wonderful news, when I went to see you there, I could see this place was not big enough to do what you want, try "Guys" in Soi Day & Night or a Similar size room, I have said before Masha, I'm sure you could both benefit from your truly Professional show woman/man ship.

Looking forward to the new venue, now you have sorted out all the kinks, in your mind.

As I said to Madam Edd a few years ago, the style of jupitor 2000 Bangkok, is badly missed in Pattaya, with the hot foot tapping music and the hot rauncy guys, dancing with wet flanel dripping, and that was the audience dripping, its always ful... Go there if you never have.

You were a sensation in Sunee, more then I can say for some people.

Dont worry some people are threaterned by your larger then life figure, like me! they have the problem not you girl.

THE SHOW MUST GO ON, IN THIS CASE ANY WAY?.

Marsha-old
January 14th, 2008, 20:43
Thats a shame that the show has been cut. Its the first time in years that i have seen the bar with so many customers.

Hope Mark puts the show somewhere else as it will be a great loss without it.

January 14th, 2008, 21:14
I go to Sunee frequently but until your show Mark, I was in Topman only once. I did not see a reason to go as I was the only customer in the bar and the boys were not to my taste. I thought your show was good and the times I went the bar was packed. I agree that Guys in Day Night maybe a good option.

TrongpaiExpat
January 14th, 2008, 21:16
So Marsha is Mark? You Pattaya residents speak in code and leave the rest of out sometimes. You guys have special decoder rings too?

Marsha-old
January 14th, 2008, 21:24
Randolph, I think your heads too deep in the sand. I remember Icon days, very little customers. Also a lot of invetors who lost a lot of money.

Marsha, you managed to make Topman a very busy bar in such a short space of time. The product was good, which also use to fill up Throb in the olden days. No one can take that away from you, so ignore any bad remarks.

January 14th, 2008, 21:55
I have been to Topman 5 or 6 times over the last 2 weeks and the bar has been full.
How stupid can the owners be.

I do think like LMTU that the bar was only a stepping stone and that you should be looking at a bigger and a better venue. Go speak to Guys, you could be the one person that can make this bar work?
Marsha i have sent you a message. Get back to me soon.

PinkSilom
January 14th, 2008, 22:18
Marsha, twice now you have packed out somebody else's venue. By your own admittance, your last boss didn't even pay you. Why accept the crumbs that fall from another's table. Open your own show bar for goodness sake. You know you will draw the crowds and make good money. Strike while the iron is hot, find a building big enough for your talent and take out a lease.

jinks
January 14th, 2008, 22:56
find a building big enough for your talent and take out a lease.

Make sure the dressing room has sufficient space for you too :)

Love to all the boys, especially Gone :))))

http://www.jinkscorp.com/hols/thai/pattaya/topman07/staff/gone.JPG

catawampuscat
January 14th, 2008, 23:38
Guys Bar might not be the best venue for the Chippendales as the bar was closed by the police and
won't reopen in the near future.
I confess I haven't walked by and seen for myself and the information is second hand. It seems there
was a problem with the paperwork/licenses and it was closed the same nite as Look Boys near Sunee Plaza.

On the same topic of Pattaya boy bars, Nice Boys (formerly K-Boys) closed by police tonite but will probably
reopen tomorrow. :cat:

thrillbill
January 15th, 2008, 05:23
It seems that a man's physique is not the main desire at the go-go clubs in Pattaya (except at Boyz Boyz). My Thai BF and I did the bar circuit Saturday in Sunee Plaza and near Boyztown and all the go-go clubs seemed to have the skinny bored "18-20" year olds that seemed to lack any energy. I was surprised how unattractive most of them were.... maybe most of the men that come to Pattaya like that type, but for us it was a big turn off. We can go to most go-go bars in BKK and find the right kind of fish (strong guys with developed bodies that don't look like 10 year olds) among the sea of gay clubs.

globalwanderer
January 15th, 2008, 08:02
sorry to here this, but I understand your reasons. Hopefully you will reappear elsewhere soon. I really missed the breath of fresh air your shows brought to the scene

painai2
January 15th, 2008, 08:07
Couldn't agree with Thrillbill more, so many Pattaya bars have that skinny 18-20 type with the exception being Boyz Boyz Boyz (which has gotten better lately), Abomb or Crystal in Boyztown. You actually might find some hunks who are proud of their bodies. I have a favorite at Boyz Boyz Boyz who spends his afternoons at Central Gym, while so many others are still in bed.

January 15th, 2008, 12:02
At a meeting on Monday the so called тАШChippendale ShowтАЩ was cancelled by the new owner of Topman.
The тАШChippendale ShowтАЩ brought neither more customer numbers or extra revenue to Topman. It remains the same as last year at this time with the extra expense of the тАШChippendale ShowтАЩ which is just the same as the Throb show previously, nothing new.
Chippendale running late most nights and the Topman Show starting at the correct time, it all run into one show, far too long for customers to sit through and the Go Go Boys had little time to do their thing.
All the hype from the beginning has proved to be over the top and the owner finished the Chippendale Show. If you donтАЩt believe me ask the manager or owner.
I understand that there are many alterations to happen soon but we will have to wait to see what the future holds for Topman

catawampuscat
January 15th, 2008, 13:25
The problem is not the show but the lack of attractive go go boys at Top Man. Top Man is and has been a "show"bar and pre-show,
the bar was usually empty and the go go boys used as a place holder until the show. It is a mystery
to me why the new management/owners did not clean house and re-staff the go go boys at Top Man.
I can only imagine that the "regulars" kept the place going until the show crowd appeared.

It is a shame, but when Top Man did have attractive boys, the boys didn't stay for long as the customers came for the show
and not to "off". I have had some great times at Top Man and "offed" fun guys but most of the time, it was slim pickings and
definitely not what the Sunee Plaza has to offer.. Time to make changes!

Just down the soi, Jungle Boys finally got the message and remodeled. Even have a small sign near the door now. :cat:

January 15th, 2008, 14:48
Mrs Bucket, you can beleive what anyone tells you, i could not care less.

I pulled the show out as the night before the show staff was ready to fight the owners as they had not received there salary. Kevin was also there that night and he heard everything that was going on.It has made a small fortune of the last month. You have been in the bar on a few occasions and the bar has been full. Im sure your comments are biased and we all know why.

When have you seen the bar full? Dont beleive everything you hear. Lulu and Phillip even asked me to keep the show going until the 20th, but i refused as i did not want the same problem of getting the money from them.

January 15th, 2008, 15:06
Now where is Earwig when you want the truth?

globalwanderer
January 15th, 2008, 15:11
hadn't been since New Years Eve, for obvious reasons... However like many I turned up for the show. I usually arrived early to find that the place was empty and filled up just before the Chippendales Show. Once that was over people, including myself started drifting away.

andrewcraig
January 15th, 2008, 15:55
I could not get in the nights I tried, so Mrs Bucket [bouquet]where are you coming from

The go go boys were too old and past use by date, on the nights I could get a seat

This type of show must survive and if the old Leks Bar is not available, I am sure there is one in Jomtien

at the end of the same soi as Bondi. I am sure the rents there are much cheaper that Sunee, maybe worth a look.

Mark / Marsha you are brilliant at what you do.

Please keep on trying

January 15th, 2008, 16:26
I thought Mark and Kevin made a good team. I have no idea if the relationship would consider another venue together. I am not sure if Kevin dropped his plan for an upscale resort. Anyway, I was surprised to hear from MSBUCKET that the Chippendale show did not increase revenue. One of the previous owners told me that he had lost alot of money even in high season before he sold. Has Lulu owned Topman for more than a year? Time certainly goes fast when retired.

Anyword on what the dancers are doing in the mean time? They were MUCH more to my taste than the go-go boys on hand at Topman. But everyone does have different taste in men

Maybe I will stop by tonight and see how the crowd is at Topman now with just the Topman show. I am curious because it did seem to me that the bar was much better attended after the Chippedale show. But I do not doubt that the inside information MSBUCKET has. And am glad to hear from her that the alterations are moving along. I hope that means the new air cons and smoke extractors. Good to know that Topman continues to be as strong as before.

January 15th, 2008, 16:28
I agree, bucket open your eyes. The show was always packed. When have you ever seen Topman packed.

I also agree that when the show was over everyone left as the GoGo boys were the worst i have ever seen.

We all know that you had Topman before and it was always empty. We all know that you like the old Khatoy show. But Marshas show put bums on seats. I think its a bit of the old green eyed monster.

I went to the bar last night, it was not even half full and most of the customers there, were there for The New show. No one had told them that it was cancelled.Word of mouth will put that right and it will go back to being an empty bar.

Go back to doing what you do best, nothing?

January 15th, 2008, 19:48
Sour Grapes.....As we all know the Bucket is bitter about loosing yet another business, but he says he received bad business advise from a mutual friend, even though the answer was starring at him in the mirror, why things did not go well, personality or a lack luster slightly aggressive nature to be precise. He even banned me from the TOPMAN because I gave him the most obvious advice. Handsome guys and reasonable drink prices, in the end he had to try the last one, but to late the rot had set in. you can fill a Cow Shed if you have handsome guys, I have no idea why they even bother, if they are not prepared to spend the money on the bus fare, for the guys to come to Pattaya, not the decor. No good giving it out if you canтАЩt take it. Look at all NEW тАЬALL BOYSтАЭ. Handsome young guys, all safely with in the proper age limits.

You can understand any one who is in the wrong business, to be slightly angry when it fails, but donтАЩt blame every one but them selves. When they get sound advise and wont take it. I went to Marshas TOPMAN, 5 times and it was always full the tills were ringing nightly, so much so last time I went you could not get near the bar and I was with 6 friends, a couple of weeks ago, with no tables or chairs available we just left. it was obvious my friends said, the Bar is to small for the customers that want to use it, the atmosphere was electric though so was Marsha as usual. such a shame.

INSIDE INFORMATION.

Yes I can spill the Inside dope, on what really happened to make Marsha so frustrated he had to leave, at considerable cost to him self, As I was the one who told Lou Lou quite a few times, it is OK filling the bar with spenders who come to see the larger then life, Fun personally call Marsha or even the amazing show, he was just starting to turn into the best around the area, some old some new and slowly going to faze out the old, but it is not going to last on that alone,

I even suggested they employ the Coyotes till he can replace them with his own hunks, but I donтАЩt know if he did not want to be out shown by Marsha or just did not want to spend the money, as I think he has made a fortune, from just having the teen boy next door, shake their booty, on stage, as long as he has a constant stream of them, why pay for expensive acts and Hunks, I remember when I suggested the same at MAYO s in Walking Street, at least he Immediately, shipped down some stunning hunks from Bangkok to fill the place nightly, then the Coyotes were born. Then he sold to the highest bidder.

So hope to see you soon Marsha and hope Mrs. Bucket can learn to let go and not have a dig out of frustration, you have a lot going for you, so capitalize on what you do best, telling stories. Laugh at your self and the world will laugh with you, not what your doing now days, Cry about your self and you Cry alone.

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 15th, 2008, 20:51
you could do much worse than hire 16 yr old Corey Delaney to host your club..this lad has become famous world-wide after throwing a party at which 500 kids turned up along with 30 plods and police helicoptor,

One neighbour said "it was shocking..a young 18 year old boy was streaking naked up and down the street all night.."well quite ! :cheers:

get in now though,,Corey's got an agent and an invite onto the David Letterman show

cute as well !! nipple rings all round I say ! :cheers:

January 16th, 2008, 07:17
Mrs Bucket, you can beleive what anyone tells you, i could not care less.

I pulled the show out as the night before the show staff was ready to fight the owners as they had not received there salary. Kevin was also there that night and he heard everything that was going on.It has made a small fortune of the last month. You have been in the bar on a few occasions and the bar has been full. Im sure your comments are biased and we all know why.

When have you seen the bar full? Dont beleive everything you hear. Lulu and Phillip even asked me to keep the show going until the 20th, but i refused as i did not want the same problem of getting the money from them.

It's a pitty!!!! For the first time in ages, there was something on Sunnee that could attract me. I've watched the show(s) over the last years in T&S, until the place changed owners.
I only had the chance once to watch the show in Topman and it really gave me the shivers; the "old' crew, performing at their best: routined, trained and motivated. It's a shame, that this all has to finish like a blown out candle.
I wish all the show boys, Mark and partner a soon restart with more reliable partners!!!

As for Lulu: Take care that your "Boys' Imperium" doesn't explode like a soap-bubble!!

January 16th, 2008, 16:37
Marsha...

I do agree that you did fill the seats with your show, but it was the same show you ran for years at Throb.
Same show different bar.
I agree with most comments regarding this post, but when you make reference to the boys in the bar "no good boys"
I think you are now taking out your frustration with the management on the boys of the bar who do not deserve your
comment. I agree they may not be the most attractive boys in town, but to say they are no good is going to far.
I am sure you are aware how quick word gets around from boy to boy, bar to bar, your comments about these boys will not help your future employer.
Maybe i miss understood what you had written, i hope so, i thought you would show more class than to attack the boys of the bar.

January 17th, 2008, 20:04
Dear All,

I was at Topman when things came to a head regards salaries which were paid very late, not in full and there was nearly a problem with an angry group of showboys, who had worked, done their job, the bar was full and should have been paid on time.

Big Oh and her beloved seem to have taken up residence at the Kevin Quill household, [with our Tam], for the moment [ although it is quite bare with everything getting cleaned and replaced!]until we can find a way to assist them and the other showboys.

I am not entering into nonsense in 2008, that is why I have been very quiet on the board but all I can say is, on the occasions I went, which were quite a few, the bar was packed for the old Throb boys show.

I still own the Land at Pratumnak as a poster wanted to know and I am still exploring possibilities. The election result did not encourage me greatly.

January 18th, 2008, 13:36
HELLO MODERATORS..................MAY DAY, MAY DAY!!!!
This is getting out of hand..........
The OP was about the canellation of the "Chippendale Show" at Topman. I suppose that we got the message!!

{I trust you are satisfied - jinks}

January 22nd, 2008, 02:33
I am sorry to have previously doubted the information given in regard to a certain person no longer being the owner of Topman. I discovered last night that not only is this information true, but the new owner is none other than K Quill. It is rumoured that not only will Marsha be reuniting with Kevin, but future acts scheduled to appear at what will be the new look club,, will include such world famous artist's as Tony Bennett, Shirley Bassey and John Lennon, although it must be said, that Lennon's engagement is still to be confirmed.

For those that find any of the above information a little too far fetched, or to put it in more simple terms, a load of old bollocks, you would be right to do so. However, watch this space for some news in the near future that some may find even more surprising than that above. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Choc Dee everyone and to answer a question that may be on more than a few of your minds, the answer is no. I am smoking nothing stronger at the moment than a B&H special filter. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

lonelywombat
January 22nd, 2008, 04:13
I am sorry to have previously doubted the information given in regard to a certain person no longer being the owner of Topman. I discovered last night that not only is this information true, but the new owner is none other than K Quill. It is rumoured that not only will Marsha be reuniting with Kevin, but future acts scheduled to appear at what will be the new look club,

If this is true,then the apologies to Mrsbucket from certain posters, will be interesting reading

January 22nd, 2008, 04:19
I am sorry to have previously doubted the information given in regard to a certain person no longer being the owner of Topman. I discovered last night that not only is this information true, but the new owner is none other than K Quill. It is rumoured that not only will Marsha be reuniting with Kevin, but future acts scheduled to appear at what will be the new look club,

If this is true,then the apologies to Mrsbucket from certain posters, will be interesting reading

I hope MrsBucket doesn't hold her breath waiting for those apologies LW. My post was obviously not read in full by you, or if it was, you failed to understand my sense of humour. Try reading it again please, perhaps you may possibly get it the second time around.

G.

January 22nd, 2008, 05:08
Holy crap. just heard the bad news. NO more Chippendale shows. Gotta be the reason that sent the Asian markets plungin. what a huge loss for pattaya. how will you blokes ever manage? can't get it through me head that it's for real.

andrewcraig
January 22nd, 2008, 05:21

That is more polite than I would have been

January 22nd, 2008, 13:34
I think I wil wait until I see something from KQuill or Mark confirming this since it has seemed so confused to date.....was George just jokingly stiriing things up?

January 22nd, 2008, 14:23
I think I wil wait until I see something from KQuill or Mark confirming this since it has seemed so confused to date.....was George just jokingly stiriing things up?

I am surprised by the comments so far that there have been after my post, so to set the record straight Pattaya Male, I most certainly was indeed just jokingly stirring things up. There is more chance of Hommie taking over Topman than there is of Kevin doing so. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

I thought the part of my post where I said that John Lennon was scheduled to appear at the new look club may possibly have given a small clue that I was joking, coinsidering he has been dead since 1980. Oh well. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shrugs.gif

Choc Dee PM, I hope that you are well,

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

P.S. For the record I was also being facetious in my comments about LL. I have no idea as to whether he is still the owner or a partrner in the club, or indeed if he is replacing Marsha as one of the Chipendales in any new show that may be in the pipeline.. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggrinangel.gif