View Full Version : Would Throb be better just dancing boys only

lonelywombat
January 11th, 2008, 08:58
The thread on Jupiters caused me to think a dancing boys no drag could be very popular, in Pattaya.

It does not need to have nudity, obese "dance stars" even the dog scene.

Boys dancing not acting as backups for some poorly performed lip sync appeals to me.

It is also about time that the stage was altered to give more room.

I know the pillars are holding up the roof, but do they need to be as wide.

The step that runs around each pillar could be removed to give more stage area.

The last time I visited the boys no longer posed/danced? on these steps, the time before they

had various stands around the seating area which they moved to after being on stage.

I know the shows bring in the straight tourist dollar, but surely if they promoted their boys better

they could replace that. The go go boys are not on the stage long enough barely 15 minutes between

Splash and Throb shows.

I am sure that half price offs after the cabaret has finished, would be a financially good move.

January 11th, 2008, 14:57
The last time I was in Throb one of the gogo boys without invitation or interest on my part flopped his ass next to me a demanded a drink. I think that the management needs to get a handle on what is going on in their business. Straight people and obnoxious gogo boys are no formula for success in a gay venue.

Over the last several years Boyz Town in general has slid down hill. It would be great for a rebirth to take place. Oscar's is a start: fun people, resonable prices and a good street scene.

January 11th, 2008, 17:56
Throb/Splash started on a slippery downward slope immediately after Kevin sold up. The new owners just don't seem to be interested and the standard of service and friendliness has deteriorated accordingly - they now seem to be solely satisfied with attracting the rubber-necking str8 tour groups which the (presumably amply rewarded) tour guides steer to the bar at showtime. Add to that the greatly increased prices for watered-down drinks and ear-deafening music and the bar is now one of the worst in Boyztown (or Pattaya for that matter).

I used to be in there every night but I have only been in four times since the ownership changed and each visit has proved to be worse than the previous, so much so that on my last two trips to Thailand I didn't even venture into the place (and I was staying right enxt door!).

naklua
January 11th, 2008, 20:44
Over the last several years Boyz Town in general has slid down hill. It would be great for a rebirth to take place.

I agree. When Funny Boys two or three years ago it was like a quality upgrade for Boystwon, but unfortuantely this bar deteriorated very quickly, too. Sure, they have got nice interior design and comfy seating, but that is only a plus and not the main factor for me visiting any bar.

Most of the bars in Pattayaland Soi 1 are indistinguishable from each other in my opinion - Lucky 777, Kawaii, Dynamite, Handy, Dreamboys. None of these bars stands out, all offer the same bunch of dancers: ladyboys & not-so-handsome-to-outright-ugly-boys. I saw one cutie in Dynamite about 1,5 years ago, but he did not last long and the last time I saw him he danced at X-Ray. I think it does not make too much sense for real attractive boys to work in one of these mediocre bars - although they should have a better chance of shining/standing out between all the other much less attractive guys/ladyboys, these bars may not attract the right type of customer, i.e. customers going to these bars might be used to pay less for the boys as their looks leave much to be desired and thus a handsome guy might not be able to negotiate a fair amount. Just a thought, maybe I have not got this right - I have not made any statistics :cheese:

During my last trip to Pattaya in September last year I liked Vassa, which is situated around the corner of soi 1 in the small connecting soi leading to soi 2. Small bar, but 2 or 3 attractive guys. A-Bomb was also nice - much to my surprise, as they have not had any attractive guy for years.