View Full Version : Another Hotel with lift, or ground floor condos

lonelywombat
January 11th, 2008, 07:01
From time to time a small group of retired gays who visit LOS, meet for a glass of wine
and chat about who is dead dying or not well. In that dreadful heat we met yesterday

With one exception all are over 70. All are fit to travel.

Our oldest member surprised us with his suggestion he was planning to ask Serene Hotel
could he rent one of the rooms with a beach view long term. He argued he does not entertain in his room
except when he offs boys, does not cook meals, needs only a jug and toaster and a frig for drinks,
nothing more. He would plan to be in residence about 8 months of the year but feels paying an annual
rental makes sense. He could leave his clothes behind, make his own arrangements re phone and cable
Like most of us walking up 3 flights of stairs is not friendly.

If I have seen the lift in Serene it has not registered. I have taken the short cut through reception and the store,
hundreds of times in 15 years+. Maybe I have looked down on the hotel, but right in middle of Boyztown,
walking distance to Royal Garden Plaza and the all you can eat breakfast in second road [forget the name]
and Sunee is close enough for him to visit once or twice a week

Too independent to consider a retirement village, in good health at 82 it makes sense to me

He is still looking for a ground floor condo with access to a swimming pool. Does not want to purchase.