PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Reccomendations based on your 2007 stay.

bucknaway
January 6th, 2008, 07:28
List the places you would recommend to others based on your patronage in the year 2007.
Bar - Pub - Karaoke - GOGO Bar - host Bar

Hotel - Condo - Guest house

Restaurant - Vendor Cart - Food Stand

Place to Relax

Taxi - Limo - shuttle

Miscellaneous

bucknaway
January 6th, 2008, 08:08
List the places you would recommend to others based on your patronage in the year 2007.

krazy Dragon!
I LOVE this place. If my night gets to be too busy and I miss out on visiting there I want to kick myself! I always feel better after spending time in there.

The place is fun, the seats are comfortable and the staff is not pushy! Oh! The drinks are VERY REASONABLE!

I can't wait to get back to Pattaya to beat feet to krazy dragon!

www.krazy-dragon.com (http://www.krazy-dragon.com)

View Talley 5 Through Asian Escapes
www.asian-escapes.com (http://www.asian-escapes.com)
The Condo I stayed in was clean, bright and spacious. The bathroom I had was also bright and roomy and the shower could fit about 4 or 5 guys in there and it was designed in a way to let you sit down and if you had 2 friends showering, you could sit in the shower with them (away from the water spray) and watch them entertain you!

The 2 lifts were modern and quick. Once you are out of the lift there is a short 90 second walk to Jomtien beach. (Once you exit the electronic security gate... the electronic key is supplied to you... you will find yourself 50 feet away from Tui's place.

The Condo has a Kitchen, Balcony that seats 2 or 3, a satellite connected TV and free wifi.

If you need something from a store, simply take the lift to the lobby and choose from 3 small stores and buy mixers, snacks or extra water.... They may have everything you will need!

When I stayed there the place was very quiet and I had a very good rest in the comfortable big bed.

I plan to stay there again when I return!

If you stay there tell Augie I said hello! (Like he would remember me! LOL)

Royal Garden Plaza Mall Eating Area on the top floor.
I like that I can go there with a friend and we each can get what we want from a clean environment. I also like that it is a one stop place for all foods Thai as well as other Asian dishes.

That is always my first choice for eating.

Place to Relax
If I am not napping on the beach than I would have to say Sansuk Sauna.
I love the seating they have on the upper floor. I just let myself drift off to sleep.... (you do run the risk of exposing yourself as you sleep in nothing but a towel).

Other than resting there I find that you can have a easy conversation with some of the Thai guys in there.

www.sansukpattaya.com (http://www.sansukpattaya.com)

Taxi - Limo - shuttle

I used one service but I can't recommend them...

Miscellaneous

January 6th, 2008, 12:29

Dynamite Boys...for the show, great combo of Ladyboys, comedy, and sexy boy show

Come In Bar.....for a nice quiet drink and a good "Street Show", the boys are attentive, attractive and the bar is very well managed.

Happy Boys....for fun and entertainment; bring lots of 20's to stick up the boys skirts, and if you like what you fine in the skirt there is a "fun room" upstairs.

Hotel and place to relax

Sansuk Guest House and Sauna

Great place: well managed, spotless, and lots of fun.

I hate "high end dining", so my recommendations are 1) 90 Baht Spaghetti 2) The 99 baht all you can eat Thai buffet on Pattaya Tai just north of 3rd Road on the right across from the gas station 3) the small Indian Restaurant at/in the Jomtien Complex right on the the main road. 4) Minions...the best steak deal in town; 275 baht for two great fillet minions wrapped in bacon.

For those of you that enjoy "fine dining" there are lots of places to find better ambiance and poorer food.
The last time ate at Pan Pan I nearly gagged on their lasagna with white sauce.

Taxi - Limo - shuttle

Gems and Phon's...five years and never a problem. 08-1761-6455 email: gemsphon@loxinfo.co.th

January 6th, 2008, 12:41
I managed to stay out of Pattaya 2007, 2006, 2005 ... cannot imagine a return anytime soon.

January 6th, 2008, 13:20
I managed to stay out of Pattaya 2007, 2006, 2005 ... cannot imagine a return anytime soon.My recommendations precisely

puckered_penguin
January 6th, 2008, 14:21
I managed to stay out of Pattaya 2007, 2006, 2005 ... cannot imagine a return anytime soon.

555 wrote:
My recommendations precisely

I am so proud of you 2 guys. You will be my idols for 2008.

I am so excited that you both feel you are important enough to boast that you didn't manage to visit a particular place..
I think the thread asked for places you can reccomend based on a visit to Pattaya.
Simple really.

January 6th, 2008, 14:37

555 wrote:
My recommendations precisely

I am so excited that you both feel you are important enough to boast that you didn't manage to visit a particular place..
I think the thread asked for places you can reccomend based on a visit to Pattaya.
Simple really.

These two fu*kwits are better ignored on this forum........one must pity the unfortunate places they chose to be in these last 3 years. Quite pathetic, egotistical, and moronic, the pair of them!

January 6th, 2008, 15:16

In late November early December I stayed at Sansuk Sauna & Guesthouse on the road from Pattaya to Jomtien.
As for the Guesthouse, I cannot find enough good words to say about it. Totally new facility that I understand opened in 2007. For a gay facility, I found it to be exactly what I needed. For a few extra dollars (2,000 baht high season rate) your staying in a first class facility totally built with the gay man in mind. The rooms are large, superbly appointed in every way and nothing on the cheap. Even the bedding and towels are far above average. No small hallways but a large open foyer that all rooms face. They spent some real money on this project.

The employees could not have been better. Location may cause some to pause as it is a short hop on the baht bus (10 baht for those that have not been to Pattaya and they are constantly available) from town. It caused hesitation on my part but turned out to be no problem and was an asset as it was quiet when you wanted to sleep. Location was never a problem for the boys that came back with me.

A problem. Your short time boy will not want to leave! The room is so nice and comfortable plus he can accompany you into the sauna, restaurant, bar, and pool area for lounging around with the other boys that are only covered by a towel. Actually, it's a hotel that is fun in the evening. Or, very pleasant if you just want to relax. A drink at the pool can be alcohol, coffee, tea, or a smoothie, ice cream etc. Or, go up to the third floor open air bar of the sauna (with pool and cascading water falls) and just relax with a drink and watch the boys clad only in a towel.

Sauna
This is part of the new facility described above as Sansuk Sauna & Guesthouse.
Separate entrance on a different street but totally joined and you can walk thru a hallway from the hotel with just a towel around you and be in the restaurant/bar/lounge/pool area which is common to the Guesthouse and Sauna. Totally private from the public.

For more info I got carried away with a total description of the Guesthouse and Sauna under an earlier posting named Sauna about two pages back in the archives. PM if you can't find it and want further info. For many of the guests it provided all the free sex they needed. I prefer boy shopping in the bars and watching shows in town, but it was nice to see so many boys that were there for (presumably) free sex every evening.

www.sansukpattaya.com or 038-364-365 for Sauna and 038-364-356 for Guesthouse.

I am retuning within six weeks and will stay there again if they have space available.

BAR
On my first trip to Pattaya I enjoyed Wild West Boys. A month ago I was very disappointed as the show was not as good and the boys looked much younger and just more of the same as other bars.

Krazy Dragon
My first experience in Sunnee was at Krazy Dragon a month ago and it was a blast. Slow night so I had a number of boys around my table and for a few hundred baht sponsored a contest with the winner being the first one to cum. Bought the boys drinks and I believe it was only 90 baht per beer. Boys were a bit more experienced than my normal type, but I quickly adapted and could have enjoyed an Off with any one of them. It was a great evening and I was leaving the next day so maybe that is not the normal night in Krazy Dragon, but it sure was fun for me.

January 6th, 2008, 16:45

H, you appear to have a bee in your, fortunately, small bonnet.Seems to have stung a few people, too :cyclopsani:

January 6th, 2008, 17:20
Humming turd seems to have a need for attention that a shrink would most likely describe a Historonic Personality Disorder.....the sick need for attention irregardless of what has to be done to achieve that attention. It would be best to ignore him.

naklua
January 6th, 2008, 18:14

I. GOGO:

1. Cartier Boys: as it is located both outside Boystown and Sunee Plaza, it might not be too easy to find. It is off Soi Buakhao, about half the way from South Pattaya Road to Central Road. The had about 15 boys in Sept. 2007 and about half of them were attractive; as I am a very picky punter, that's well above average. All of the boys were able to do "everything"; as far as I understood it is the bar's policy that boys working there have to be able to do so. The boys I offed (about half a dozen) were all on the nice side, rather modest and most of them really good in bed. Mamasan is said to be annoying at times (according to some board members' postings in the past), but I did not make that experience. Although ms sometimes tried to offer me a certain boy, that was not too much of a hassle to me.
Almost no ladyboys there.

2. Happy Boys: On contrast to Cartier de have a few ladyboys, but they also have got some good looking "real" guys. The atmosphere is very relaxed and interaction with the boys is easy due to them dancing on the tables right in front of You.

3. Vassa: Small bar in a small soi in Boystown. About 10 boys, 2 or 3 of them really handsome. Offed one of them and was very satisfied.

II. Pub/bar/disco:

I enjoyed some of the beer bars in Sunee Plaza (My Place, Country Pub, Sunee Bar) but did not like Panorama Bar in Boystown (expensive, seating not too comfortable, especially if you are in a group of more than 2 persons, no handsome waiters)

Body Language near Sunee Plaza (gay Thai disco with coyote dancers) was nice and not expensive. Place is rather small and thus many times crowded. If one arrives around midnight it should not be a problem to get qour own small table, as most of the boys arrive around 0.30 to 1.30 a.m. I did not manage to figure out whether the coyote dancers are off-able - I would have very much liked to off one of them who had stunning looks (body & face).
I can also recommend JJ Pub in Soi Day Night area.

Restaurant - Vendor Cart - Food Stand[/b][/u]

Mae Sri Ruen (part of the BIG-C shopping complex in North Pattaya): cheap and good. The menu is rather limited but I have never missed anything.

Or aharn Thai: Small Thai garage restaurant on South Pattaya Road opposite Day Night area. Excellent Thai food (including sea food) at very reasonable prices. Crowded at times.

M.K. Suki / Hot Pot: I very much like to eat the Thai-style Sukiyaki offered by these two Suki-restaurant chains. M.K. is in BIG-C (North Pattaya and Sukhumvit Rd.) and Carefour (I think also at the Lotus Supercenter on Sukhumvit Rd), Hot Pot is located in Tukcom (Soi Day Night) and Royal Garden Plaza (top floor).

Japanese food: I like the Fuji restaurant chain and the little bit more up-market Zen group. They can be found in almost every shopping center.

Thai & Western food: Googie's restaurant in Soi Day Night area, opposite Day Night Hotel. Reasonably priced, Thai and Western food are both very good.

Taxi - Limo - shuttle

From Pattaya to BKK I have always booked a no-frills standard taxi as they are offered all over Pattaya. Good experiences with the taxi stand on 2nd Road on the right side when you are heading South, near the V.C. Hotel (opposite side). Price 800 - 850 Baht.
BKK to Pattaya is more expensive; I have been driven by one of my bf's relatives who is a BKK taxi driver. Very reliable and good driver. I wont give his name or tel. no. as I dont need any funny postings about me foisting this taxi driver's service on other board members; he is not inexpensive anyway (strictly limited to taxi service; he is not my type anyway).

bing
January 6th, 2008, 19:42
Bucky and Splash seems like we have similar tastes in places. The Krazy Dragon I found to be fun and Sansuk Sauna is one of my favorite places. In the past I have mentioned the top floor at Sanuk at dusk with the water falls and a friend on a couch with red and blue lights overhead is just about the nicest place for a drink that can be found. You can look up and see the sky yet have the feel of being inside a building as well. Perhaps the reason I like the Krazy Dragon so much was that a few of the guys sort of liked to be with me, after the first few times, I would walk through the door and hear "Hi Papa", still not sure I like being called Papa, but there was no doubt I was welcome. Some have mentioned the sleaze factor at the Krazy Dragon, and who am I to dispute this theory, it just comes to my mind that I really, really, do like a bit a sleaze. I also like the Royal Garden for eating at the Zen place, but it might be the sake not the food that makes me like the place. I have only been to Cabbage and Condoms once, but would score it high, if you like to hear the surf pounding on the shore and a perfectly wonderful outdoor restaurant. It is a bit of a ride to get there, but my Thai friend had his phone and arranged to have us picked up after dinner. Also I find all I need at Howards Guest House. I understand it is not every ones first choice, but if you like Sunee and like to have an elevator, (read lift for you are English) then Howards has the prime location, and is as friendly as can be.

thaiguest
January 7th, 2008, 04:03
at last 555 and homitern have shown their hands- frauds from suburbia-some-where-or-other- living on memories and lecturing to those of us who can still occupy a little corner of paradise...cut them off the forum otherwise the rest of us will go elsewhere.

January 7th, 2008, 04:11
...cut them off the forum otherwise the rest of us will go elsewhere.Promises, promises

January 7th, 2008, 11:20
I am quite impressed with the Bell bus system. It gives a great ride in a reclining seat and a relaxing environment where you truly leave the driving to someone else.

In BKK, I was staying at The Rose and the tourist desk arranged it on short notice. Bell Services arrived in a van and then gathered up several customers from other hotels. The van took us to a large bus station near the airport. Ride was great with only a half dozen other passengers. Upon arrival in Pattaya we were whisked into vans that grouped us according to destination. As I was going to Sansuk Sauna I had a van to myself. All of this cost 500 baht paid to the hotel tourist desk in BKK, but the hotel lady did say it should have been 550.

Departing Pattaya, I asked the manager of the hotel if he could call Bell for me. He set it up for a 5:00pm departure and the total cost back to BKK with van service to/from hotel on both ends was only 400 baht paid to Sansuk Guesthouse. I tipped the Pattaya van driver 40 baht both times and was embarrased that he thanked me and bowed to me so many times for only 40 b. Either few others tip van drivers or I was so cheap at 40 baht that he was trying to make me feel bad. I want to think he really did appreciate it. Next time, if its the same guy, I will over-tip him a hundred or two hundred baht and see if he smokes me. Just Kidding...

Approaching BKK, the bus stopped at the airport for those passengers catching flights and then into their depot where a line up of vans were waiting for our eight passengers. Again, I had a private van back to The Rose hotel downtown. No additional charge...only the 400 baht.

Bottom line. It's phenomenal service and the price is cheap. I could recline and sleep. I don't see how they can break even, but maybe my times were off and they have full busses at other times. Nice modern busses, good service, and especially low price. I know they do three times a day and maybe more. My previous taxi experience has raised my heart rate and not been good. For me, its either Bell Service bus or the private limos arrranged thru the hotels.

January 7th, 2008, 15:43
Sitting in the corner bar, drinking beer and feeling relaxed about the idea that others knew I was gay.
Being at Krazy Dragon for the Handsome Boy contest.
Staying at Marina Plaza in an excellent room for a very good price and having no worries about having a boy back.
Hearing people speaking Thai, singing karaoke, eating kow pat gai on the street for 20B
Drinking with friends, being treated special by Thais.
Believe it or not I liked the Roller Coaster and the Public Pool too.