PDA

View Full Version : New very nasty VIRUS - Alert!

February 22nd, 2006, 12:11
"Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using internet mail such as Walla, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation " Life is beautiful. pps". If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , and delete it immediately. if you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: " It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful", subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you gain access to your name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus ! which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS VIRUS. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus Software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself " life owner". PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY"

February 22nd, 2006, 12:26
... you've circulated this sort of message before, wowpow. The last one was a hoax - and so is this one. Do try Googling first, dear boy, and stop wasting everyone's time - http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/lifevirus.html

February 22nd, 2006, 12:33
...the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

nothing is more pathetic than y2k alarmists spreading false info. i aggree with homintern...

know what you say before you post, wowpow. misinformation is a dangerous weapon.

February 22nd, 2006, 12:55
misinformation is a dangerous weapon
Disinformation, on the other hand ... :cyclopsani:

February 22nd, 2006, 15:42
"Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using internet mail such as Walla, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton. PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY"

All this sort of hoax does is to create millions of spam mails.

All of these scares can be checked out on the Symantic website and seeing as AOL filter any suspected mail with a virus and do not forward it onto their members it would not have any effect on AOL users.

February 22nd, 2006, 15:52
Irregardless of the validity of the warning, it makes sense to have antivirus and a firewall software installed on your PC, and be cautious about opening attachments to emails from unknown sources.

February 22nd, 2006, 15:58
Irregardless of the validity of the warning, it makes sense to have antivirus and a firewall software installed on your PC, and be cautious about opening attachments to emails from unknown sources.
Indeed - I have Jane Marple on my Black List of Senders

February 22nd, 2006, 16:03

I should think that messages from Nurse Wowpow would be quite safe. She's almost certain to observe all the necessary hygiene precautions.

February 22nd, 2006, 16:11
I should think that messages from Nurse Wowpow would be quite safe. She's almost certain to observe all the necessary hygiene precautions.
Ah yes - the snap of those plastic gloves

February 22nd, 2006, 16:46

Is Nursey giving you an anal probe? I thought you got rid of all that heddaroid stuff.

lonelywombat
February 22nd, 2006, 16:55

Is Nursey giving you an anal probe? I thought you got rid of all that heddaroid stuff.

Who was it that used to use the "nurse" wow pow

Yimsuai

Can anyone remember why?

February 22nd, 2006, 16:56
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Joe_M01/condom.jpg

February 22nd, 2006, 17:35
Ah yes, Safe Hex. Those were the days when it could be practised by simply slipping something sticky on the write protection chamfer on your floppy. (Please do not send me pictures of your floppies asking where the chamfer is).

Seriously though, it's a very good idea to uncheck "Hide extensions..." in My Computer > Folder Options so that you can see the .exe or .bat or .vbe etc., when your best friend's e-mail program sends you MyVirus.ppt.exe

As previously noted you should have an up-to-date proprietary scanner and firewall installed and if something you haven't installed pops-up to say "You are unprotected, but we can help - Click here", don't.

But most of all, don't be the manual virus who follows the instruction "SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW". Couth people never set "Caps Lock" on.