PDA

View Full Version : Arbitrary censorship? Thank you and goodbye

February 22nd, 2006, 11:11
Yesterday I posted some editorial newspaper cartoons about the Danish cartoons affair in the Global Forum, a place that among other things should be for "news, jokes, religion, politics, whatever". The cartoons were jokes about politics and religion but they were deleted.

The board owner and his moderator can do what they want on this board, even if there is nothing in the posting guidelines to fault my post. I can't do anything about their decisions, except voting with my feet. So I am leaving.

I don't have to take arbitrary censorship. I have a blog, and even if the blog format is not suited for debate I can find some other discussion board on the Internet for what I want to say. Getting censored like I was here yesterday is unacceptable.

Don't be such chickens. Stand up for free speech.

Silom :wave:

February 22nd, 2006, 11:15
so sad. buh-bye. anyone care to go to a flag burning tonight?

February 22nd, 2006, 11:22
Dear me - another flounce! It's Elephantspike's Board and I too have been censored by him - more than once. But I'm still here. Grow up Silom

Smiles
February 22nd, 2006, 12:28
What Board guideline did Silom break for posting the cartoons? I see none in the Board Guidelines (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6259)

IMAGES DELETED AWAITING INSTRUCTIONS>jinks

Arbitrary measures indeed. Foolish and unecessarily fearful as well.
Silom has been poorly treated.

Cheers ...

February 22nd, 2006, 12:35
you can leave too if you like smiles. no ones stoppin u

jinks
February 22nd, 2006, 13:00
Silom has not been pooly treated.

He was advised by private message that his post was "PENDING" not deleted.

Bob's lastest words were that he did not want to be part of the problem.

February 22nd, 2006, 22:33
so sad. buh-bye. anyone care to go to a flag burning tonight?

Bra burning. You've obviously never met Silom - and his dangly bits - in real life.

elephantspike
February 22nd, 2006, 22:42
I had re-opened this thread and then realized that someone started a new thread on the same subject. I'm re-closing this one just because we don't need to have two threads on this subject. New thread is here:

www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7113 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7113)