PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter 300 Baht PER drink. AVOID!

January 3rd, 2008, 01:16
Well we went to Jupiter on the evening of 1 January and there was a table outside with a sign on it saying.... All Drinks 300B. On clarifying it the guy he confirmed 300 B PER drink.
We had been over Christmas and they were not charging 300B then.
All the venues were packed New Years Eve and in the preceeding days (but only charging 240Bmaximum) so maybe Jupiter were trying to make a quick Buck.
We walked..................AVOID.
G

Brad the Impala
January 3rd, 2008, 01:59
Good that they had a sign up to warn customers. Perhaps they had a special show that night?

naklua
January 3rd, 2008, 03:22
Greed and stupidity dont know any bounds.
I have been disgusted with the greed of the BKK bars for quite some time. It is not so much that they over-charge but that they dont offer attractive boys in return for the money. I cant understand why there are so many customers spending like crazy on mostly not handsome (to ugly), bored looking, spoilt and unwilling boys who are often past their sell-by date.

January 3rd, 2008, 04:00
Absolute madness. Short term gain and greed.

andrewcraig
January 3rd, 2008, 05:12
Well we went to Jupiter on the evening of 1 January and there was a table outside with a sign on it saying.... All Drinks 300B. On clarifying it the guy he confirmed 300 B PER drink.
We had been over Christmas and they were not charging 300B then.
All the venues were packed New Years Eve and in the preceeding days (but only charging 240Bmaximum) so maybe Jupiter were trying to make a quick Buck.
We walked..................AVOID.
G

Please keep repeating the above as often as you can

Jupiters is the best show in BKK and these blow ins that expect to see a top show for one drink and then complain about the price,amaze me. The higher cost of a drink is an alternative to a cover or door charge. Few remain after the show and only those who go early to get a seat buy an extra drink. I do go early.Often the best boys are offed before the first show.

I am happy to pay 300 baht to see the show as they do have stunning boys a higher standard than most other bars.

Interesting a friend who owns a bar in Sydney commented if real good looking boys are harder to find, then you have to reward the best looking boys with a little extra cash in hand

Please keep complaining so as to create more room for those who enjoy this show .I hope the extra 100baht on one drink does not ruin your holiday

January 3rd, 2008, 05:21
We all have different tastes & I thought Jupiter was far from the best.
At least they had the decency to advertise the drinks price, so people can go elsewhere.

January 3rd, 2008, 07:57
At peak times, Public Holidays and Special events some bars do push up their prices. I don't really understand the sense of outrage and indignation at prices being upped by 50 baht-ish ( Tawan's charge is 250 baht every day of the week ) or the need to forgo the pleasure of a visit for such a small amount. Hardly anyone buys more than one drink in these places.

To my mind Jupiter 2002's show, at it's best, has been worth a lot more that that. Of late the show and selection of boys had deteriorated and I ceased going. From your and other posts and your mention of wanting to visit more than once it sounds as if things have revived and I will go again on my next trip to Bangkok.

What does get my goat, a bit, is that many hotels make attendance at the New Year's Eve dinner mandatory. Some do so knowing that they do not even have the facility to accommodate all their guests for dinner but that's not a problem as many will pay and not go. Happily there are usually some hotels around that don't do this.

January 3rd, 2008, 08:46
300 bhat is about $9.00 US! PER DRINK!

Usually I'm one of the first to start rolling my eyes at some of the Cheap Charlie complaints around here but this time its legit.

Shee-it. For that kind of money I can stay home and drink Mai-Tai's at Trader Vic's. :drunken:

The Jupiter show ain't that good.....

andrewcraig
January 3rd, 2008, 09:55
300 bhat is about $9.00 US! PER DRINK!

Usually I'm one of the first to start rolling my eyes at some of the Cheap Charlie complaints around here but this time its legit.

Shee-it. For that kind of money I can stay home and drink Mai-Tai's at Trader Vic's. :drunken:

The Jupiter show ain't that good.....

Interesting!!! Shall we meet at Traders Vics in Bangkok for sunday brunch a steal at 1499 baht next time you are in BKK

http://www.tradervics.com/rest-bankok.html

Do not know what the price of a mai tai is there, which is more relevant to prices in US surely

January 3rd, 2008, 22:25
IтАЩm with andrewcraig on this one. Please donтАЩt go to jupiter, drinks are overpriced, lousy show, ugly boys, rude mamasans and waiters ... which explains why on two recent visits every single boy had been offed with nobody left to even stand on stage. Yep, itтАЩs that bad.

IтАЩm at jupiter possibly 4-8 times a month, so I know all too well just how dreadful, dreary and overpriced it is. Avoid at all costs! With any luck, I just might have a chance of getting a seat on weekend nights.

January 4th, 2008, 03:27
IтАЩm with andrewcraig on this one. Please donтАЩt go to jupiter, drinks are overpriced, lousy show, ugly boys, rude mamasans and waiters ... which explains why on two recent visits every single boy had been offed with nobody left to even stand on stage. Yep, itтАЩs that bad.

IтАЩm at jupiter possibly 4-8 times a month, so I know all too well just how dreadful, dreary and overpriced it is. Avoid at all costs! With any luck, I just might have a chance of getting a seat on weekend nights.

so, you are saying all the staff and their service are bad and the boys are ugly, but somehow "every single boy had been offed with nobody left to stand on stage". Isn't that quite contracdictive?

January 4th, 2008, 03:44
Not really.
SOME people seem to think Jupiter is the best club in BKK & may off some of the boys.
Others do not like it, including myself.

I would go elsewhere, because I don't like the club AND it's best to discourage rampant inflation of drinks prices.

However, at least they are doing the price increase the right way, with a sign outside the club.
Much better then the underhanded overcharging that I've encountered in some places (like Prague)

Jetsam
January 4th, 2008, 03:46

so, you are saying all the staff and their service are bad and the boys are ugly, but somehow "every single boy had been offed with nobody left to stand on stage". Isn't that quite contracdictive?

http://i.fok.nl/s/emo.gif We need some sarcasm tags

January 4th, 2008, 08:05
[

Interesting!!! Shall we meet at Traders Vics in Bangkok for sunday brunch a steal at 1499 baht next time you are in BKK

http://www.tradervics.com/rest-bankok.html

Do not know what the price of a mai tai is there, which is more relevant to prices in US surely

$46 for brunch! Well at least that includes wine/beer/mai-tais so it might be worth it.
Like I said, if I'm going to pay San Francisco prices I might as well stay in San Francisco!

I'll bet the waiters are prettier to look at in Bangkok though.... :thumbright:

bucknaway
January 4th, 2008, 09:07
The funny thing is that if I were to go (and I would not go there) and had to pay 300 baht for a drink, I would nurse that drink all night and watch the show and leave........ Flash to Pattaya...... Before I go into Crazy Dragon I try to get 500 baht in 20 baht notes and go into the bar handing out 20 baht notes hand over fist to the guys... Buy a beer for a few guys? Why not... The prices are VERY REASONABLE!

Next thing I know..... I am out of 20 baht notes and asking for change to get more..... AND LOVING IT! and they don't even put on a show......... well....... you know what I mean.......

I love walking out of a bar and not feeling as if I was fleeced.

catawampuscat
January 4th, 2008, 10:22
I am with Bucky on this one. Krazy D. the best value and most fun boy bar for this farang.
You can nurse a cheap draft beer for an hour and spend 69B., if you choose, or you can spread
the wealth and enjoy a happy hour or so with many extra friendly hot guys.

No underage street urchins working here and when fully staffed with table dancers, it is the place
to go for a good time.
Bring plenty of 20B. notes as Bucky stated or they will happily make change for you..
:cat:

What is happening with the plans for the Bangkok Krazy Dragon?

Sen Yai
January 4th, 2008, 11:21
I agree with Andrewcraig and SisterSledgeHammer on this. The show at Jupiter is in a different league to everything else in Bangkok and well worth the prices that they charge.

Actually, I think they have been experimenting with the pricing. I was there on 30th Dec and they were selling tickets outside for 250 baht for one drink. At 10pm the place was the fullest I have ever seen it. There were probably 400+ in the audience, with more than 100 standing everywhere including the upper balcony and 3-deep in the aisles. The bar stayed packed until just before midnight when the 2nd show finished. I went again on 31st Dec and they were selling tickest at 400 baht for TWO drinks. The place was less full than before, as many were scared off by the price, but there were still many many people standing in the aisles. I wasn't there on 1st Jan, but I can understand the changed pricing policy again.

So cheap charlies, please stay away. There are plenty of other places where you can find a cheaper drink in Bangkok, although you won't get a free show of the quality that Jupiter put on to go with it. Having said that, I did visit a few other bars in Bangkok recently and most were full, doing good business. Where are all the empty bars discussed here recently? Pattaya?

lonelywombat
January 4th, 2008, 11:39
I agree with Andrewcraig and SisterSledgeHammer on this. The show at Jupiter is in a different league to everything else in Bangkok and well worth the prices that they charge.

Actually, I think they have been experimenting with the pricing. I was there on 30th Dec and they were selling tickets outside for 250 baht for one drink. At 10pm the place was the fullest I have ever seen it. There were probably 400+ in the audience, with more than 100 standing everywhere including the upper balcony and 3-deep in the aisles. The bar stayed packed until just before midnight when the 2nd show finished. I went again on 31st Dec and they were selling tickest at 400 baht for TWO drinks. The place was less full than before, as many were scared off by the price, but there were still many many people standing in the aisles. I wasn't there on 1st Jan, but I can understand the changed pricing policy again.

So cheap charlies, please stay away. There are plenty of other places where you can find a cheaper drink in Bangkok, although you won't get a free show of the quality that Jupiter put on to go with it. Having said that, I did visit a few other bars in Bangkok recently and most were full, doing good business. Where are all the empty bars discussed here recently? Pattaya?

Yes please keep this thread pinned at the top of every board

400 baht for 2 drinks sounds a mistake but could be a special promo. I rarely drink more than one glass in any bar if doing the shows before DJ, and for here would not mind the price.

Surprisingly little or no nudity

January 4th, 2008, 13:34
Get myself a drink, buy a second and buy a boy a drink and its 900B.
For that I can go to Tiffanys and see a real show (which wont include the 15 minute big dick show, which is only a procession of boys that I have already seen).
I also get a nice comfy seat, a really professional show AND a free drink!
G

January 4th, 2008, 20:13
Hmmm .. let me consider the two choices for spending 900 baht proposed by gerefan -

A. 2 drinks for me, company of a jupiter boy while he has 1 drink, watch jupiter show (with aforementioned big dicks), uncomfortable bar stool to sit on .. and, yes, those jupiter chairs are a pain in the butt literally

B. 1 drink, watch tiffany show (no big dicks on display, although possibly quite a few tucked away under the sequins), with a comfortable chair to sit in

Option A wins hands down for me.
In fact if forced to choose between option A at 10,000 baht and option B at 100 baht, IтАЩd still go for option A, and IтАЩm deadly serious about that. But then I like the idea of getting close to that jupiter boy, and IтАЩd rather look at ANY big dick, no matter how many times IтАЩve seen it, instead of the tiffany show, but thatтАЩs just me. IтАЩd have to be dragged kicking and screaming into a place like tiffanys.

Nothing personal aimed at gerefan, just making the point we all have different tastes, budgets and requirements, and thank god for that. Jupiter is definitely not for everyone (is any bar?), but I would strongly dispute the suggestion that itтАЩs overpriced. Yes, itтАЩs certainly not the cheapest place to buy a drink in BKK, but not everyone actually wants to drink at the cheapest place in town. I know I donтАЩt.

Cost analysis note: Jupiter drinks are not usually 300 baht, but thatтАЩs a small point. To be fair, youтАЩd also have to include a tip for the boyтАЩs time in option A.

Nathan B
January 5th, 2008, 20:25
IтАЩm at jupiter possibly 4-8 times a month, so I know all too well just how dreadful, dreary and overpriced it is. Avoid at all costs!
I'm at a loss to understand why you don't take your own advice? If you go 8 times a month it can't be as bad as you claim.

January 6th, 2008, 09:22
yep, definitely need that sarcasm emoticon

lonelywombat
January 6th, 2008, 11:54
]
IтАЩm at jupiter possibly 4-8 times a month, so I know all too well just how dreadful, dreary and overpriced it is. Avoid at all costs!
I'm at a loss to understand why you don't take your own advice? If you go 8 times a month it can't be as bad as you claim.

yep, definitely need that sarcasm emoticon

he is obviously a septic

January 10th, 2008, 08:29
I just found out Trader Vic's in San Francisco closed its doors after New Year's day.

Perhaps they should have charged more for their Mai Tais ?? :toothy2:

TrongpaiExpat
January 10th, 2008, 10:56
What is happening with the plans for the Bangkok Krazy Dragon?

I have asked the same question a few times but get no response. Even on threads started by Peter but I guess he is not board addicted like some of us. I thought he wanted to be up and running by high season?

You in a better position to find out than me. Also, what happen to KQuill's plans for a hotel or bar, don't hear from him much anymore? I have heard a rumor from a business owner in Bangkok that it now a "no go".