PDA

View Full Version : PVR Comes To Thailand

January 1st, 2008, 19:02
Finally, a similar system to the USA's Tivo PVR is coming to UBC subscribers. Though not available yet, the beta mode of this should be out soon. I always wondered why the technology had not made it to Thailand -- I'm sure that there is a BIG market for it. I can't wait! No more missing my favorite shows or fighting over the remote with the boyfriend. For more details go to www.truevisionstv.com/pvr (http://www.truevisionstv.com/pvr)

(TR) The Rose

January 1st, 2008, 19:12
I signed up for the beta test. I received a nice reply. They said they only had 50 recorder units. I agree that it will be great when it becomes available but it may be a while yet.

January 1st, 2008, 21:32
Finally, a similar system to the USA's Tivo PVR is coming to UBC subscribers.

It is also similar to that used by Sky TV in the UK, the one owned by Satan's Spawn. The very same Satan's Spawn as the one that owns Fox, as well as most of the English speaking newspapers in the Western World. I wonder if he owns this new system too? I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he does.

Although I am a UBC platinum subscriber, I rarely watch TV and honestly can't remember when the last time was that I did. However, for those that do watch a lot of TV here, although I will never understand your reasons for doing so, there is no doubt whatsoever that this new system when it does arrive in Thailand, will be extremely advantageous to you. You will then be able to record all the crap that you missed earlier, when it was first broadcast.

As most of the programmes on UBC on all channels, are repeated again and again, I can't really see the necessity for this new system, other than that is, to record major sporting events, that for some reason you miss when they initially happen. Although that said, to my knowledge, even those events are repeated many times.

I have a collection of DVDs that I have had for yonks that are still waiting for me to watch. They were new when I first acquired them, but I have had them so long they are now being shown on TV. One such DVD is titled; Gone With The Wind. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

No more missing my favorite shows or fighting over the remote with the boyfriend.

I am surprised that you even bother indulging yourself in such battles, when we all know that the end result is a forgone conclusion. Is this fight with your boyfriend one that you have ever succeeded in winning? If so, you will be the very first farang that I have known to have accomplished doing so. Getting gold out of Fort Knox without being noticed, would in my opinion be a far easier task than being able to retrieve a remote control from a Thai, whether it be your boyfriend or any other Thai.

When I do watch TV and on the rare occasions I have control of the remote, which only happens when I am home alone, as soon as my B/F, or any of his Thai friends come into the house, the Chanel I am watching is changed immediately I leave the room or take my eyes of it for one second. I often wonder to myself, if I am the only one that this happens to? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/headscratch.gif

Oh well, thankfully I have other things to do, that I enjoy much more than I do watching TV.

Chok Dee,

G.

January 1st, 2008, 22:02
I am surprised that you even bother indulging yourself in such battles, when we all know that the end result is a forgone conclusion. Is this fight with your boyfriend one that you have ever succeeded in winning? If so, you will be the very first farang that I have known to have accomplished doing so. Getting gold out of Fort Knox without being noticed, would in my opinion be a far easier task than being able to retrieve a remote control from a Thai, whether it be your boyfriend or any other Thai.

I will however then take pride in the fact that I am the first farang you know of to win this battle quite often. Not that it isn't always a negotiation -- but I get as much as I give. Sounds to me like you certainly don't wear the pants in your family!

I dare say that my relationship with my Thai boyfriend is much, MUCH different than the average falang here in Pattaya. Anyway, I love TV. I'll take a good show or a movie on UBC over the tired-old boy bars any day. I guess we all have our priorities! :compress:

(TR) The Rose

January 2nd, 2008, 00:49
One such DVD is titled; Gone With The Wind.Mine is the Mel Brooks' version of the same film, called "Beans Means Farts"

January 2nd, 2008, 11:23
One such DVD is titled; Gone With The Wind.Mine is the Mel Brooks' version of the same film, called "Beans Means Farts"

I belive as a result of those farts being so hot, they were the cause of saddles blazing. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/farting.gif