PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

February 22nd, 2006, 08:21
DELETED

February 22nd, 2006, 09:29
i saw it as well 3 days ago. i also give a thums up. didn't have a problem undertsanding the actors at all tho, maybe it takes an american to know one. easy to follow and touching

bigben
February 22nd, 2006, 10:27
Ok........I give up !

Where did you see it? In Bkk? In England? Big C? Royal garden? From a DVD vender on Beach road?

Give the rest of a clue please.

Hugs and Kisses

February 22nd, 2006, 10:33
big c, big ben! pattaya

February 22nd, 2006, 11:45
AFAIK, Film distributors in the UK don't distribute prints with Thai subtitles, but I can't be sure because I can't be arsed to spend a copule of hours in darkness surrounded by popcorn munching gimps with my soles stuck to spilled "soda" in what what nowadays passes for a cinema over here. They've mostly been taken over by US based multinational chains only intersted in selling said rubbish to captive audiences and until a legitimate DVD is available for my personal cinema I ain't interested.

February 22nd, 2006, 13:47
DELETED

bigben
February 22nd, 2006, 21:40
Thank you Martini Man for the information.

I have been watching as this movie slowly makes its way across the globe.

I saw that it was playing in Bangkok a week or so ago.

Now that it is clear it is available here in Pattaya, I will see it soon also.

Or maybe I'll wait till the little guys on the beach are selling the DVD's. :cheers:

February 23rd, 2006, 01:57
struggled to understand some of what was being said. Very strong dialect, with words being mumbled also, made the film hard for me to follow in places

Me too. I loved this film, so I bought a book, read it ( only 35 pages ) then went to see the movie again. This second time round I found it sadder, coludn't hold tears, because I understood most of the words which are faithfully copied from the book. A very good book and film.

February 23rd, 2006, 06:23
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... t7043.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/about7043.html)

February 23rd, 2006, 08:31
DELETED

February 23rd, 2006, 13:28
oh johnnny, dont get your panties in a wad (they are pink, right?). everyone else knew exactly wwhere i meant when i said big c. funny how only you had to make a little snappy comment about it as usual. told anymore lies lately?

February 23rd, 2006, 14:55
DELETED

bigben
February 23rd, 2006, 15:51
John,

Yes, you deserve a big thanks as well for the information. :salute:

I am not the owner of that cafe/pub you mention. Have eaten there once and I remember it was OK.....but haven't been back.

And Martini Man, I tend to agree with you about the Central Festival Centre being referred to as Big C. It is incorrect, but many people have to think twice when you say Central Festive Centre.

Kind of like Sunee Plaza.

Ms. Sunee has tried to change the name to Marine Plaza for years, but everyone keeps referring to it as Sunee Plaza. It think she gave up or sold her interest in it, not sure.

And for you non believers, show me a sign that says "Welcome to Sunee Plaza" You won't find one.

I could be wrong, but I have never seen that sign, only "Welcome to Marine Plaza"

Speaking of Marine Plaza.....Opps, I mean Sunee Plaza, can someone tell me how a couple of these bars survive with only a handful of customers selling Singha or Chang beer for 35 baht?

That is amazing to me.

ta taa