PDA

View Full Version : English politicians and the Axis of Evil

December 29th, 2007, 18:35
Despite Tony Blair's rather public faith (we never did learn whether he and Dubya knelt in prayer together in the Oval Office), there's a fascinating article by the gay English political writer Matthew Parris on just how few British prime ministers in the last 200 years are known to have believed in God or practised any religion. Damn few apparently. If only it were true of American presidents - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 085157.ece (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/matthew_parris/article3085157.ece)

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 29th, 2007, 21:07
..and like most who do-is stark raving mad.

Why else would he kneel at the feet of that bonkers Berliner currently in the Vatican ?

Incidently-did you know that they call the current Pope Beryl around Rome ?. I wonder why.

And another nutty Catholic tells me that Beryl is enthralled with the Australian Cardinal Pell and his team of priests known as Pell's Angels.

What can it all mean ?

December 29th, 2007, 21:41
..and like most who do-is stark raving mad.
Why else would he kneel at the feet of that bonkers Berliner currently in the Vatican ?
Incidentally-did you know that they call the current Pope Beryl around Rome ?. I wonder why.
And another nutty Catholic tells me that Beryl is enthralled with the Australian Cardinal Pell and his team of priests known as Pell's Angels.
What can it all mean ?

The motives of anyone who voluntarily joins any religion whose priests are routinely and widely involved in paedophilia must be viewed with suspicion or pity.

As for the once aptly named God's Rottweiler, now currently ruling the Vatican, he was one of the loudest voices against the practice by its priests. Maybe that's because of the damage it was causing the Catholic Church, however, from reading the posts on these boards anyone who is so vociferous in condemning such activities is bound to be a closet pedo, aren't they? :idea:

Bob
December 30th, 2007, 03:22
The motives of anyone who voluntarily joins any religion whose priests are routinely and widely involved in paedophilia must be viewed with suspicion or pity.

Geez, what a blanket pile of misinformation....almost smells like the suggestion occasionally popping up that gays in Thailand routinely and widely engage in paedophilia.
Unfortunately for those attempting to paint a broad cloth to show their obvious bias, the only studies I'm aware of with respect to priests indicates that anywhere from .2% to 4% of the priests have been involved (although, for some of them, they harmed a great number of victims).

Obviously, 96%+ of the priests (or monks or whatever) really don't want or need your suspicion or pity with respect to their motives or activities.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 30th, 2007, 07:40
especially as I'm sober at present..

I've met some of the most amazing priests and nuns who selflessly work for the poor around the world, quietly without any aknowledgment. The constant accusation of priests as pedos can be irritating but perhaps it's one of those ordeals the church had to go through..and survive ! ( God-that's pretty heavy for me to say!)

Hell..I even married a Catholic once and she was a nice person. And I have a cousin who is a priest..total weirdo but he don't touch little boys.

Still..when it comes to those at the top :dontknow:

HawaiiBoy
December 31st, 2007, 15:31
I was rather pleased to be able to refer to the new Pope and their German Shepherd.