PDA

View Full Version : Pattata Ink

thrillbill
December 25th, 2007, 19:01
For a few years I've debated whether to get a tatoo or not... decided what the hell. I may be too old (in my late 40's) but I don't care...let the wrinkled skin some day change the design into something else. Question: there are too many tatoo parlars in town...which ones do you suggest? I'm looking for a place that is clean and the tatoos are clear and dark..not blurry when done. :bounce:

December 25th, 2007, 20:12
A total turn off.

bao-bao
December 25th, 2007, 21:08
In this age of HIV, hepatitis and any number of other infections, just be sure the inking is worth the risk.

It isn't just the tattoo that can be forever.

I don't care for tatts myself, but to each their own.

Do your research on the cleanliness of the establishment - and good luck.

dab69
December 26th, 2007, 05:35
have seen some badly done ones. choose wisely.

all else fails it can be lasiked out- it boils the ink out of your skin-
~$100 square inch but painful

Jetsam
December 26th, 2007, 06:53
Don't let the party poopers spoil the fun for you, go for it.

http://www.ondergrond.tv/de_ondergrond/images/2007/06/13/isch_mooi.jpg

bucknaway
December 26th, 2007, 07:19
I remember when this one guy who always tries so hard to be "A part of the in crowd" came up to me and my friend who was Chinese and was showing off his tattoo of some Chinese symbols. he told us they said one thing but after he left my friend told me that it had a different meaning. It was so long ago I forgot, but if you have some Asian friends (Like Duh..) Ask them about guys who buy tattoo's they don't understand.

one think to remember that anyone can make a mistake. i know a few people who get tattoo's and one tattoo started as one thing but due to an error, ended-up a different cartoon from the one they choose.

Aunty
December 26th, 2007, 08:07
http://www.ondergrond.tv/de_ondergrond/images/2007/06/13/isch_mooi.jpg

If there was ever a reason why stupid white people shouldn't try to adpot an ethnic art form, that is it.

catawampuscat
December 26th, 2007, 10:36
Lordy, I hate to agree with Aunty, but on this one, he is dead on.

One can get a tattoo without looking like a freak but start with something small and certainly not on one's
face or neck. The worst idea is to put the name of your Thai favorite guy on your body as it will certainly
last longer than the relationship except in a very small percentage of cases.. :cat:

Richsilver
December 26th, 2007, 16:50
Everytime I see an old fart on the beach with tattoos on his arms and/or legs, I wonder, "What was he thinking?" Why would anyone want to deface his body like that?

Just go read a book or see a movie or pick up a boy.

December 26th, 2007, 17:02
Back to thrillbill's original question - be really careful in Pattaya where you go to - my younger (straight) brother has 7 tats - the last 2 done in November in Pattaya (I am a lightweight and only have 2!!). He knew exactly what he wanted and we went to see a number of tattoo shops to try and explain - he even brought along his Thai girl to help with translation. Most of them really were useless - when we went back the next day for example, to see what designs they had come up with, the word incredibly LAZY came to mind - they hadnt made any effort at all, yet were asking crazy prices (well cheap by western standards but inflated for Thai standards).

When in Pattaya I go to Central Gym, and one of the Thai guys I know from there is heavily inked (both temple/Khmer tattoos and shop tattoos), so after wasting too much time already on my brothers quest to find a decent tattoo place, I asked him if he could recommend a good tattoo artist. He did! We went to the place he recommended, and explained to the tattooist what it was my brother wanted - he seemed to get it straight away, and started to draw some ideas. They were spot on. I think getting a good connection with the artist is crucial - it is certainly reassuring to know he understands exactly what the client wants. previously it really felt like we were explaining something pretty clear to people who were just too lazy to try and understand what it was we were asking for. We went back the next day to see his final designs - this guy had really gone out of his way and it was pretty obvious he was not only a tattooist but also someone with a clear talent for art. On top of that his prices are reasonable, in fact cheap for Pattaya tattoo prices.

My brother had 2 tattoos done there and they are looking great now - i saw them again the week before Christmas.

The guy's name is MARK and his shop "Skin Art Tattoo Corner" is in Soi Diana which is a soi between Soi Bukaow and Pattaya 2nd Road - I dont think it is good to post his mobile number on the forum, so if you are interested please private message me and i will send through his mobile contact details.

If you are going to be in Chiang Mai I can recommend a brilliant tattoo guy there as well where I had one of mine done.

Regarding the risk of infection, I really have to say that just as in Europe, Thai tattoo places take hygeine very seriously with fresh needles used every time.

If you like tattoos and many people do, then go for it - age is irrelevant - as are those comments from people who loathe tattoos :blackeye: It's your body, it's your life - live it the way you want!

tony279760-old
December 26th, 2007, 17:46
An elderly body provides a very poor canvas for tattoos. I suggested to one friend of mine who's covered from head to toe in tattoos that he should consider having the lot restretched when he pops his clogs.

SoiVC Slut-old
December 26th, 2007, 17:59
Looks like opinions, likes and dislikes abound but not many answers to the OP question. You might try this place: www.thaitattoostudio.com (http://www.thaitattoostudio.com)
It is bright and clean and all health issues are covered and explained.

December 27th, 2007, 02:45
I know many don't like tatoos but sometimes the right tatoo on some guys are really not bad looking at all. However I don't like the ones that cover so much area and use the skin as an artists canvas. I tend to think in good time this tatoo frenzy will be a passing fade and there will be lots of guys (and gals) out there wishing they had never done such a thing. But to each his own. I used to go with a guy (in Thailand) who had the most beautiful smooth skin and I returned on one trip to find him covered with Tatoos (artfully done I might add). Really just ruined his body and something cost over $500 as I recall. Hardly worth the money when you don't have much but it made him happy and I hope he enjoys his tatoos the rest of his life. He's got a problem otherwise.