PDA

View Full Version : The Queen's Christmas broadcast

December 24th, 2007, 13:35
For many Brits this is a strong Christmas tradition.
This year for the first time it's going to be on youtube as are several clips from film on the UK Royals. The first televised speech was in 1957 - see below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBRP-o6Q85s

krobbie
December 24th, 2007, 14:07
I was three when she braodcast that message. I feel positively juvenile.

Cheers
krobbie

Aunty
December 24th, 2007, 15:26
I was three when she braodcast that message. I feel positively juvenile.

Cheers
krobbie

You old prick! I wasn't even swimming in my old man's balls then!

December 24th, 2007, 17:43
There are so many queens here in Pattaya. It's a shame they all can't have a broadcast!

December 24th, 2007, 19:21
Thought we had the real Queenstown I did until I saw them pasty mates with their colored hair flitting about Pattaya. More queens than you could shake a stick bug at. They would make good candidates for one of them survivor shows.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 24th, 2007, 21:08
I was 3 when Victoria made her first broadcast :binky:

December 28th, 2007, 18:13
......and it really shows how attitudes to the Monarch have changed in the United Kingdom since QE2 made her first Christmas broadcast in 1957 - this year official statistics showed that her message to the nation was only the 10th most watched item on BBC on Christmas Day with just over 6 million viewers - a mere 10% of the population.

..........but we all still love her really :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 28th, 2007, 18:50
oh yes..and I waited in the hot sun for 2 hours in the front row as a wee lad waiting for her to show up and ( after drinking my school milk) threw up as she arrived.

December 28th, 2007, 23:43
I was 3 when Victoria made her first broadcast :binky:

The one on the gramophone record or were they still using wax cylinders? :geek:

December 29th, 2007, 09:10
... is wowpow going to be allowed to flaunt the posting rules of this Forum? This is the second thread in two days that has no relationship with Gay or Thailand

December 29th, 2007, 10:26
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can - Jane Austen, Pride & Prejudice"

seemingly not.

I suppose that this post was to notify ex-pats and tourists, British and Commonwealth that the speech was available.

I am just trying to bring a little pleasure and fun into peoples lives.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 29th, 2007, 12:19
Wowpow is surely now a Grande Dame of the Sawatdee Forum and can do anything she wants...

"were they still using wax cylinders?"..no..weren't invented then.

December 29th, 2007, 16:56
I am just trying to bring a little pleasure and fun into peoples lives.You could still do that by posting in the right Forums. Jane Austen would undoubtedly have been diverted by your follies rather than your inconsistencies - as am I

December 29th, 2007, 22:39
If my follies have diverted you, fruitcake, then I have achieved a modicum of ha'penis spreading.

I do have one quandary in my life - is mature fruitcake better doused in whisky or Cognac?