PDA

View Full Version : Fri 28th - All Boy returns - 20 boys and 99 baht drinks

catawampuscat
December 24th, 2007, 10:58
George had pm'ed me a little while back and advised that I had incorrectly indicated a German farang was the
new owner and now I understand why George was so confident of his information and am glad I made the correction.

I had a chance to look in All Boys on my way to Thais4Life bookstore and the renovation looked impressive and modern.
I didn't get a chance to check out the stairway to heaven but the idea sounds like a good one.

While All Boys is a bit off the path of the major boy bar areas, it is well located and a good stopping place for those walking from Day-Nite
to Sunee Plaza and it is just a minute or two from Look Boys and also quite close to Happy Boys.

For the many farangs who make Yensaibai Condo their headquarters, All Boys is located at their door steps. I think I will check it
out for the opening and be first on line for the White Nite "balloon chaser" free dinner.
The 99 B. drinks are a great idea but has George
considered making it 20B. drinks and 99 boys? Chok dee George! :cat:

December 25th, 2007, 04:05
If anyone can make a go of such a thing it must be George. :geek:

I do wish I was there but will have to check it out on my return in the New Year.

To all involved my very best wishes and hopes for a successful venture.
If you have the time on Friday, do go and check it out and let those of us who are in Pattaya in spirit but not in body (sigh) know what the story is.

Party on!

diao maa

:wav:

bucknaway
December 25th, 2007, 06:06
I think we all have had a daydream of having our own bar in Thailand. I know I have thought about it more than once.... With all the posts of new bars opening, I hope George is able to draw and keep a crowd.

I can't wait to get back to Pattaya to see what he has created!

Good Luck GEORGE!

TOQ
December 26th, 2007, 12:08
I have also been watching the remodel of the bar ( along with the staff ) and it is coming along nicely. I believe he plans on opening around 8PM . With all the hype it should be a great evening. Im looking forward to it..

Good Luck George

john

SoiVC Slut-old
December 26th, 2007, 12:32
I was walking down that Soi this afternoon and stuck my head in , the door was wide open, and work was going on like crazy. It looks like it is going to be a nice place. It is in a single shop space so it should be nice and cozy. I hope the music is not too loud since there is not enough space to absorb all the sound. It would be a blessing to have a bar with moderate level of music.

I did not see any stairs leading to the upstairs "VIP" room that was mentioned. I bet they are in the rear past the bar. I want to know what it takes to become a VIP because I am quite interested :colors:

Even though I do not know you but I do wish you all the best

December 26th, 2007, 18:30
Is there something special about this bar as it gets a sticky and others, such as Media and Uniform don't?

December 26th, 2007, 21:51
Is there something special about this bar as it gets a sticky and others, such as Media and Uniform don't?

It may well be wowpow, that the two bars you have mentioned are already open, whereas All Boy isn't yet. However, there are only two people on this board that I am aware of who can answer your question for certain and who have the power to make a thread a sticky. I would like to add that I know neither of them, nor have I asked them to do this. That said, it is very much appreciated by me. Perhaps a PM to either of them may provide the information you require.

I would like to thank Rainwalker for this thread and everyone else for your kind comments and wishes of good luck. With regard to Rainwalker's comments about me being a slightly demented character, as to whether or not there is any truth in this claim of his, I am afraid that I couldn't possibly comment. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

To answer a couple of questions, the stairs to the VIP room are indeed past the bar and membership will be by invitation. I would be very pleased if members of this board introduce themselves to me. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Wink.gif

All is going well and after a lot of hard work over the past two weeks, everything is on schedule for the opening on Friday at 8 pm. For those that come along Friday, or any other evening, you can be assured of a warm welcome by Noom and myself.

Whilst here, I would like to take this opportunity of wishing all board members a Very Happy New Year.

Thanks again,

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

catawampuscat
December 26th, 2007, 22:51
It makes sense to me to keep it as a sticky until it opens in a couple of days.

The teddy bear appeal and other dated events and openings have been treated as sticky in the past without comment but
I guess not every bar got the sticky treatment and the sticky treatment is not perfect.

Good to see George handles these queries and comments smoothly as I seem to recall he could be a bit
cantankerous in the past, especially with one or two other posters, or was that Krazy Dragon?.. :cat:

December 27th, 2007, 00:15
As far as see, stickies have been used for many charity events and major items of high interest such as the benefits of buying membership.

I don't remember any commercial enterprise being treated to a sticky previously on this or any other gay Thai board.. I have no great objection though, to be fair,all gay bar opening should be able to have a crack at such promotion - currently not the case - and all opening gay commercial endevours should also. It could get to be a big section.

December 27th, 2007, 08:32
Is this new bar going to employ only legal-aged young men, ladyboys, etc to work in the bar? Recently, on this board we have seen updates, promotions, etc of new Sunee bar openings, re-openings, etc when some of them have been known, at least in the past, to employ underage boys in the bars. Unlike another poster, I would worry less about loud fireworks driving customers away and more about the image and promotion of bars in Sunee which employ underage boys--while those underage boys may actually be a "promotion" to some customers, in the long run, it does damage to the legitmate bar, restaurant, hotel operators in the area.

catawampuscat
December 27th, 2007, 09:57
I understand SammyJ and in an ideal world this poster and all other posters would know the ages of every working boy and the
ratio of ladyboys working in all the bars but in the real world, owners and mamasans control the hiring and we as customers make our own decisions
based on our own preferences, morality, and mood.

Some would consider it nitpicking to object if a bar owner has an underage boy working, while others find the whole prostitution scene
repulsive and immoral and think all of us who enjoy the pleasures of the flesh and pay for it, will end up buring in the fires of hell and damnation..

Dangerous fireworks which endanger customers is real and something we can do something about. Short of becoming morality police and
checking the ID cards of every employee in every bar and deciding the acceptable level of lady-boys, SammyJ's idealism just doesn't
cut it in the real world. If SammyJ has an issue with a bar hiring underage or too many lady-boys, then he has the right not to be a customer.

There are enough bars to suit every taste. SammyJ can complain to the bar owners, write to the newspapers, call the tourist police,
carry a picket sign outside bars he finds offensive, advising the unwary of the underage or lady-boys inside but he would be foolish and just spitting into the wind or is it whistling in the dark?

Vote with your feet SammyJ and your wallet and leave the moral decisions to each of us to make our own choices.

Worrying about the image and promotion of Sunee Plaza rather than the dangers of smoky fumes and explosive devises being blown up
next to you do not seem to be a hard choice for this poster.

You won't see this poster playing with little boys in the pedo beer bars but a visit to Look Boys, JJJ, Villa Rouge, or Sundance is fun and if
it doesn't work for SammyJ or others, then there are many many other bars to spend the money in .. :cat:

December 27th, 2007, 12:32
certainly, cat, dangerous fireworks are a serious matter, but such situations rarely occur, maybe during some holidays such as Christmas, New Year's, etc. As to the morality of the pattaya, bt or sunee scene, you will hear no worries from me--if anyone really has moral objections to that sort of thing, they are not likely, although I am sure it is possible, to be found snooping around the bars of Sunee. So, therefore, my questions of underage boys in the bars was not one at all of morality. but one of legality. There was recently quite a lengthy thread on whether the age of consent should be 18 and since it was different in different countries did it really all matter, etc, etc, the same kind of discussion that has been repeated on all the websites--gaybutton, pattayagay, etc over the years--but it just matters what the Thai law is and what one is really willing to risk in order to avoid the nitpiking you think it might be if an owner hires underage boys.

There are some visitors to this board and to pattaya who visit these bars who are naive and may believe that since a lad is working in the bar, it all must be legal and the lad must be of age. If a customer becomes "involved" with such an underage boy at such a time when the Thai police have decided it is time for one of their crackdowns or when they want to make an example of a farang for the local or foreign press, bad luck for the guy. No morality police but the Thai police will be carting that farang off to jail--if you have been around Thailand as long as I have--since the days Pattaya was a sleepy little seaside resort with mostly dirt roads, then you know in recent years the police do just such things--many of us remember the bars when very young boys worked openly and no one, not the police either, cared at all, but the times have changed, and for this board to promote any bar that employs underage boys or to mistakenly mislead a reader or visitor that it is not a legal issue that could end up with them in the slammer and it is just a "moral issue" is doing them a disservice. And, if the other bars you mention do not employ underage boys then good for them but then they are done a disservice by those that do and those that give Sunee that reputation.

Good to know that neither one of us will be in any pedo bars--but such bars do exist and am just hoping that this new one is not one of them--do you know if that is the case?

catawampuscat
December 27th, 2007, 16:00
I see your point and can only say that one must check the boy's ID, make sure it is his photo and do the math.

No of us can guarantee that a bar will or will not have underage on staff. My feeling is that George will do his best
to not hire underage but things happen and each of us is responsible in the end.

Mamasans lie and boy lie and sometimes the boy will turn 18 y.o. in the year and Thai's say they are in their 18th year
or are 18 y.o. even if it is before their actual birthday.

The judge will not see it that way however... :cat:

December 27th, 2007, 16:30
My feeling is that George will do his best
to not hire underage.

Your feelings are 100 per cent totally correct Cat and I will be relying on those closest to me, to make sure that this is the case. However, any customer has the right to ask for ID in All Boy, as he does in any other bar. I hope that this post of mine clarifies the situation.

Chok Dee,

George.

bucknaway
December 27th, 2007, 18:04
All Boy... That is one of my internet screen names...

On AOL I am AllBoyDE. I use to be PumperDE and BoysToyDe when I was younger... I still use StripMeGuy..... But I know you did not name your bar after me LOL

As far as the sticky goes.. I don't have a problem with a firm member of the board opening his first bar in Pattaya being a sticky... It is like a family member is opening the place.

I would feel the same way if wow-pow opened his own male erotic art studio in Pattaya... Make it a STICKY!!

Do us PROUD George!! :cheers:

December 27th, 2007, 22:02
sounds like a good place for a ting tong party! good luck george!

December 28th, 2007, 17:38
Good to see George handles these queries and comments smoothly as I seem to recall he could be a bit cantankerous in the past. :cat:

Cantankerous in the past? Me? Never! You must have me mistaken with someone else. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

By the way, the pony tail Rainwalker talked of me having, it's a wonder it hasn't dissapeared with the rest of my hair after the stress of the past couple of days in trying to get things completed on time. However, all systems are go and we open tonight. Thanks once again for all your kind comments. Noom and I look forward to seeing some of you tonight and some in the near future.

Chok Dee,

December 29th, 2007, 04:07
Good to see George handles these queries and comments smoothly as I seem to recall he could be a bit cantankerous in the past. :cat:

Cantankerous in the past? Me? Never! You must have me mistaken with someone else. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

By the way, the pony tail Rainwwalker talked of me having, it's a wonder it hasn't dissapeared with the rest of my hair after the stress of the past couple of days in trying to get things completed on time. However, all systems are go and we open tonight. Thanks once again for all your kind comments. Noom and I look forward to seeing some of you tonight and some in the near future.

Chok Dee,

tell me,i have a friend who is a waiter at cafe royale called Noom,when i was there last he told me he was going to work in a bar in the future,is this my Noom

December 29th, 2007, 04:40
Well, it's going on 5 am and Noom and I have just arrived home from the opening of All Boy, after being at the bar since 8 - o clock yesterday morning. To say we are shattered, would be an understatement, as well as putting it mildly. However, after more than a just a few G&T's, at least I am feeling nicely shattered. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/liplick.gif

I thought that before Noom and I collapse into bed for a very long sleep, I would post about the extremely successful opening that we were privileged to enjoy last night. I don't know exactly how many members from the board dropped by in total, but I am informed that from opening time, up until closing time, there were in excess of 80 people that passed through the front doors.

My apologies to those of you that did come and whom I never got the opportunity to meet, as well as the friends that I never got the time to even talk to. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/smile_blush.gif However, I am sure that as friends, you will appreciate what a manic night it was for us both. I hope you will give us another opportunity to give you the time that you deserve, at some time in the near future.

Those I did recognise and get an opportunity to have brief chats with, were: Fred and Rick, my good friend Mike who flew in from China especially for the opening, Wally from the Thai's For Life Book Store, who is now a neighbour. Rainwalker, Stewart and his B/F from Two Guys guest House and TOQ, otherwise known to me now as Jon were also there. Present also, were two well known characters that I have come to know only in the past few months and whose company I have enjoyed very much when being with them. Those characters being; Bud and Mark. Our thanks to all of you Guys above for taking the time to drop by and wish us good luck.

I was also graced by other bar and restaurant owners who came by, such as David from Come in Bar, Erich from Sammy's, Lou Lou from Top man/Villa Rouge/Minoe, Alec from Look Bar, Graham from Uniform Bar and Mitch from Rock Hard. My next door neighbours Mike and his wife Nar, from the Italian Ristorantevolterra dropped in, as did John and Val from Mag's Wine Bar in Jomtiem and last but not least, Sanong and Roger with all of their staff from the Brussels Restaurant which is in the same soi as us.

Noom and I would like to extend our thanks and gratitude to all of you for your support, your wishes of good luck, as well as your kind gifts. My sincere apologies to any of you that I have left out. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Sofa.gif Please put this down to sheer exhaustion, the lateness of the hour and; old timers decease. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/silly.gif

Our apologies also for the temperature in the bar tonight, particularly in the room quickly becoming known, as the Stairway to Heaven. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/1luvu.gif This was mostly as a result of the hotplates keeping the food hot. The bar has never experienced so many people in it at the same time before, but I am not making any excuses. The first night was a learning curve which I have indeed learned from and this particular situation I assure you, is at the top of our list for tomorrow, among the things that we want to rectify immediately.

We hope that those that knew the bar before, appreciated the hard work that went in to giving it it's new look, as well as my hard earned Baht http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif We would also like to think that you felt comfortable within it. We also hope that you noticed and appreciated the volume level that the music was played at. If I haven't learned since being a member of this Forum, just how much music is hated when played at extremely high volume levels, than I haven't learned anything. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Wink.gif

On the subject of music, once the Christmas and New Year celebrations are over with, it is our intention to have live music at the club a couple of times a week, the days to be arranged. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/EmoticonBand.gif I will be joined by different members each week from my band, The Bluesbreakers, as well as some other good musician friends of mine from around town, including some from the Blues Factory.

Dont fret guys, the boys will still be present on these nights. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/hump.gif The music will probably take place from around 9 to 10- 30 or 11. I will post details of this nearer the time when all the plans are finalised. By the way, a word of warning. Anyone coming in and requesting us to play Hotel California, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eek.gif will be banned for life without any chance of an appeal. I am sure that all of you ex pats living here in Pattaya, will understand my sentiments regarding this above statement of mine concerning the particular song mentioned. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/rolleyes.gif

Our sincere thanks once again for all of you that made the night so successful, as well as my thanks, to those of you that have taken the time to read through my early hours of the morning ramblings. Chok Dee to you all and before closing, Noom and I would like to take the opportunity, of once again wishing you all a Happy and Fabulous 2008, no matter who you are and wherever you will happen to be for it.

k├аwp kun kr├бp, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/0003.gif

Noom and George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/buddies.gif

P.S. I can't believe I nearly forgot someone very special. Our thanks to a very special person over there in NZ, whose continued support, encouragement, as well as providing a pair of ears whenever needed, no matter what time of the day or night, along with the most important thing of all, giving us his loyalty always as well his never wavering friendship,

I doubt if tonight would have been possible without you being there for us as you have been. Chok Dee my Friend, here's looking at you kid. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/beerchug.gif You are definitely one in a million. Here is a big hug from each of us and we can't wait to see you when you visit us in February. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/hug.gifhttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/hug.gif

December 29th, 2007, 05:13
tell me,i have a friend who is a waiter at cafe royale called Noom,when i was there last he told me he was going to work in a bar in the future,is this my Noom

You have the audacity to ask me on this open board whether this is your Noom? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eek.gif How very dare you? I have never been so insulted in all my life. What a fucking liberty......................... http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shake_head.gif

Only joking Damien. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif I can assure you that he is definitely my Noom and has never ever worked as a waiter at the Cafe Royal or any other restaurant.

I can however tell you that he is very fashion conscious and more often than not, is immaculately dressed. He has asked me to inquire of you after my telling you this, if you think he would even wish to be seen dead in a pair of those dreadful pink shorts. To be quite honest with you Damien, I have always quite liked them, but could I see Noom donning a pair of them? Not a chance, no matter whether the King likes pink or not. Oh well. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shrugs.gif

You would have more chance I think of seeing Rainwalker in a pair of them. Thinking about it, they would probably suit Rainwalker very well, and Noom says certainly better than they would him. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Chok Dee,

December 29th, 2007, 06:06
He has asked me to inquire of you after my telling you this, if you think he would even wish to be seen dead in a pair of those dreadful pink shorts.
Actually, isn't it the shirt that is pink, and the shorts are white? Or, is my memory being dyslexic again?

December 29th, 2007, 06:35
He has asked me to inquire of you after my telling you this, if you think he would even wish to be seen dead in a pair of those dreadful pink shorts.
Actually, isn't it the shirt that is pink, and the shorts are white? Or, is my memory being dyslexic again?

No bkk gwm, nothing wrong with your memory whatsoever. It is mine that is operating in a dyslexic fashion, but I have a very good reason for that which I wouldn't dream of commenting about on here. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Wink.gif

You are quite correct, the shorts are indeed white, but as was pointed out by many in this thread here, http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 12284.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/cafe-royale-t12284.html) they are very outdated, not very well liked and the general consensus was that they hardly looked flattering on the guys that wear them.

Although off topic, you didn't post an opinion in that particular thread, so what's your take on the uniform worn by the waiters at Cafe Royal.

Chok Dee,

George.

December 29th, 2007, 21:16
George,

Just a quick note to give you a BIG well done and good luck for the future in your venture.

I wasn't there ( obviously ), but have read all the posts and am sad I missed the day.

Well, that's it mate, keep up the great work, but please don't over do things.

Enjoy life.

Take care

Yogi

PS...... When I come back I want a T-Shirt... lol

Jetsam
December 29th, 2007, 21:50
Good luck

I will check out All Boys next week.

and I mean All of them :clown:

December 29th, 2007, 22:22
Went to the New All Boys and I think it is going to become a definite cult place.
The posters of the boys on the walls are great . The back ground is Versailles in France rumour has it that the boys were flown to Paris at great expense for the photo shoot.The posters are for sale or you can have your favourite boy photographed with the same treatment . Speak to George for details.
Heres to a wonderful new venue in Pattaya .
Watch out for the music nights.
Randolph :bigsmurf:

December 30th, 2007, 02:44

You have the audacity to ask me on this open board whether this is your Noom? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eek.gif How very dare you? I have never been so insulted in all my life. What a fucking liberty......................... http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shake_head.gif
sorry George,when i said friend,imeant friend not partner or sexual,he did not wear shorts as the others do and was a partner of Ian when hewas alive.Good luck to you and your Noom in the bar.See you in march

Only joking Damien. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif I can assure you that he is definitely my Noom and has never ever worked as a waiter at the Cafe Royal or any other restaurant.

I can however tell you that he is very fashion conscious and more often than not, is immaculately dressed. He has asked me to inquire of you after my telling you this, if you think he would even wish to be seen dead in a pair of those dreadful pink shorts. To be quite honest with you Damien, I have always quite liked them, but could I see Noom donning a pair of them? Not a chance, no matter whether the King likes pink or not. Oh well. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shrugs.gif

You would have more chance I think of seeing Rainwalker in a pair of them. Thinking about it, they would probably suit Rainwalker very well, and Noom says certainly better than they would him. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

Chok Dee,