PDA

View Full Version : under 50's need read

Shuee
December 23rd, 2007, 20:31
so how do you manage to stay in thailand for so long, obviously; 1, your fortunate to not need work back in home country

2, you have also been lucky gaining more than you fair share of visa entries, as i think you can only go out & come back into thai twice, then you need to fly back to home country yes?

3, you have a real or fictional working permit/company set up

4, 5 .............?

i see regular guys here now so much who obviosly under 50 & dont seem to be working, or coming & going so much like tourist do :bounce:

December 23rd, 2007, 20:52
so how do you manage to stay in thailand for so long, obviously; 1, your fortunate to not need work back in home country

2, you have also been lucky gaining more than you fair share of visa entries, as i think you can only go out & come back into thai twice, then you need to fly back to home country yes?

3, you have a real or fictional working permit/company set up

4, 5 .............?

i see regular guys here now so much who obviosly under 50 & dont seem to be working, or coming & going so much like tourist do :bounce:

Are you under 50 and trying to find out a way to long stay in Thailand? if so, why don't you just post the one question straightfordward:
How to long stay in Thailand for people under age 50?

bucknaway
December 23rd, 2007, 21:27
I was hoping you had an answer to his questions but you simply wanted him to word his question better......

Shuee
December 23rd, 2007, 22:48
because i know the answer to my situation thats why i dint need an answer!

i know each country maybe different for its visa rules- again thats why i'm asking, because i'm refering to those that stay without a retirement visa for it about 2 years mabe more......

but i will repeat what i'm refering to, becuse i like i said i see so many people under 50, if you read the guidelines immogration, you can only stay for maybe 3-6months under certain tourist vias conditions......these do not include working/fictional company either

ok i will ask a question, or perhaps i could rephrase it;

how do you without working, & without retirement visa stay in los for long periods of time, ie lets say................2-3 years....?

o dont think i can be clearer than this -shuee

December 24th, 2007, 01:19
student visa

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 24th, 2007, 07:07
there are no under 50's living in Pattaya..they're like me..been 39 for so long now we can't remember our real age.

Aunty
December 24th, 2007, 10:23
there are no under 50's living in Pattaya..they're like me..been 39 for so long now we can't remember our real age.

Don't you count the wrinkles' on your foreskin?

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 24th, 2007, 11:05
we don't have wrinkles Aunty dear. Haven't you heard of botox ?? (Sir Elton John has)

catawampuscat
December 24th, 2007, 11:11
You can get double or even triple entry tourists visas in your home country. With the 30 day extensions one can stretch out
this visa for about 9 months. There have been changes and it may no longer be possible to get a triple but one can get
a double entry. Countries near Thailand often only offer single entry tourist visas.

A one year non-immigrant visa is also available, if one is qualified.. :cat:

A student visa is another way and works best for the young and not the young at heart...

December 24th, 2007, 11:20
A one year non-immigrant visa is also available, if one is qualifiedOne of the conditions of the Free Trade Agreements Thailand has signed with various countries in recent years is the more ready availability of one-year, multiple-entry business visas. Unfortunately for Europeans I don't believe the EU is one of those FTA countries, and I'm uncertain of the status of the US-Thailand FTA

December 24th, 2007, 15:32
If you have a multiple entry Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa, valid for one year, you can stay for 15 months before renewing the visa, as long as you do a "border run" every 90 days. Readily available from most Thai consulates in UK and Australia, check the Hull Consulate (UK) website for details. Only potential problem is that you must (at least in theory) be resident in the country where you apply.

December 29th, 2007, 18:09
You can get double or even triple entry tourists visas in your home country. With the 30 day extensions one can stretch out
this visa for about 9 months. There have been changes and it may no longer be possible to get a triple but one can get
a double entry. Countries near Thailand often only offer single entry tourist visas.

A one year non-immigrant visa is also available, if one is qualified.. :cat:

EVERYBODY is actually qualified to get a 1-year-Visa, even in the year of 2007.
a non-immigrant-B-Visa with multiple entries is easy to get almost anywhere in Europe.
Me myself, I am the living proof for that, having just returned to LOS with another new 1-year-multiple-entry in my passport, issued within 3 minutes in a European honorary-consular-office.
The only thing you will need is a consultant-company preparing some papers for you. They usually charge around 10.000 BT for that, not including any Visa-fee. you may be even able to obtain the papers for less, but I wanted to be on the safe side, just "in case"..... but it was business-as-usual at the consular office.....

PM me if u need more INFO, or meet me at PTY (which will cost u a beer ^_^ ) , me just booked a room (luckily still some available) in PTY for 30.12. - 02.01.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 29th, 2007, 19:01
welcome.. :occasion5: schizophrenics will always find a home here.

December 30th, 2007, 06:43
me, myself and I, we all would like to thank you for your friendly comment :compress:

December 30th, 2007, 07:51
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of times one can visit Thailand in one year without a special visa but just getting the 30 day tourist stamp in your passport. I have a USA passport and would like to make up to six trips of two to three weeks each during one year.

Second Question: On one of those 30 day stamps in the Passport could I do the Visa Run into a neighboring country like you guys talk about with the longer term real Visas and get more 30 day extensions?

Smiles
December 30th, 2007, 08:51
" ... me, myself and I, we all would like to thank you for your friendly comment ... "
As do we, ourselves, and us. (Being a crowned Bored Queen).

We are not amused by Shuee's two posts ... both being incomprehensible.

Cheers ...

December 30th, 2007, 09:04
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of times one can visit Thailand in one year without a special visa but just getting the 30 day tourist stamp in your passport. I have a USA passport and would like to make up to six trips of two to three weeks each during one year.When the visa regulations were announced, it was said that any form of tourist visa - either the 30-day visa exemption or the 60-day tourist visa - would have a cumulative restriction of six months (180 days approximately) within any 12-month period - and that would include extensions. Your proposed number of trips is well within that limit; potentially as the number builds up you will find the Immigration official taking more time to process you as he laboriously goes through your passport totaling the days

On one of those 30 day stamps in the Passport could I do the Visa Run into a neighboring country like you guys talk about with the longer term real Visas and get more 30 day extensions?Technically that's not a visa run - a visa run generally means someone who has a multiple-entry visa (either tourist or non-immigrant) who leaves the country and returns as they reach their (60- or 90-day) limit. A 30-day stamp isn't a visa; it's a visa-exemption, so leaving and returning counts as a fresh stamp. Do a couple of those, however, and you run the risk of alarm bells going off in the mind of the Immigration official who is processing your next entry. You'd be better off getting a 60-day tourist visa to begin if you think you'll exceed 30 days. By the way Thailand, Cambodia and Laos have announced that they will start implementing a common tourist visa so that one visa will cover trips to all three countries; that may start (I think only for Thailand and Cambodia) some time in 2008 - but This Is Thailand so don't hold your breath. See (10) in this link - http://www.mfa.go.th/business/2137.php?id=2004 and http://www.tourismtravelasia.com/2007/1 ... s-one.html (http://www.tourismtravelasia.com/2007/10/indochina-three-countries-one.html) and http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,2 ... 90,00.html (http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,26058,22941933-5014090,00.html)

Note: this is not a wowpow cut'n'paste entry

December 31st, 2007, 02:47
Thanks Homitern for the good info but one more question.

How do you get the 60 Day Tourist Visa? Is it like other countries where you have to apply back in your home country at the Thai Embassy? Or, can you apply upon Entry at the airport?

If it's issued at an Embassy, why bother when the 30 day "visa Exemption" as you point out, is so easy. Unless your able to spend over 5 weeks in country, why not just cut a few days out and plan another trip sooner. At least my experience with other Embassies providing (selling) a Visa is usually long and painful. Days where your Passport is in transit being mailed or FedEx across country, fees that never end, and limited flexibility. Specifically, Brazil is a real chore, but once you have a Visa it's good for five years. But don't expect to get it or have your passport back in your hands in less than a month unless you use one of the expensive Expediting Services to go stand in line for you.

December 31st, 2007, 04:01
Thanks Homitern for the good info but one more question.

How do you get the 60 Day Tourist Visa? Is it like other countries where you have to apply back in your home country at the Thai Embassy? Or, can you apply upon Entry at the airport?

If it's issued at an Embassy, why bother when the 30 day "visa Exemption" as you point out, is so easy. Unless your able to spend over 5 weeks in country, why not just cut a few days out and plan another trip sooner. At least my experience with other Embassies providing (selling) a Visa is usually long and painful. Days where your Passport is in transit being mailed or FedEx across country, fees that never end, and limited flexibility. Specifically, Brazil is a real chore, but once you have a Visa it's good for five years. But don't expect to get it or have your passport back in your hands in less than a month unless you use one of the expensive Expediting Services to go stand in line for you.

you can not get a 60-days-Visa on arrival, you have to apply for that in advance, or travel outside Thailand after ur initial 30 days. for example, Penang (consular office), Singapore (Thai embassy), Vientiane (Thai embassy) a.s.o.
though, I assume its still easier and cheaper to obtain in ur home country and then after 60 days extend the Visa one time (costs 1900 BT), and if u want to stay even longer, do a Visa-run (yeah I know its not a Visa actually but thats term everybody understands) to Cambodia, which can be reached from PTY within a few hours....

December 31st, 2007, 17:16
You know there is a possibility to stay longer if you are old enough and have at least 800.000 THB in a bank account. If you are younger there is a similar possibility, but you need more money, a few millions; I am not sure about the exact amount. I have a friend from Holland living in Jomtien like this for years by now. He only travels to Holland once a year because he gets an allowance from the government (he is slightly handicapped) rather than he need for staying in Thailand.

January 1st, 2008, 00:10
Under 50 it used to be 3 million, but is currently 10 million. Unlike the 800,000, which can be spent, this money has to be left on deposit in an approved bank/investment, etc, and the visa is void once the balance dips below that amount.

Some of the information here, though well meant, may be misleading: after a 90 day stay (60 + extension), for example, you may find that your "visa-run" to the Cambodian border to obtain a 30 day "visa-exemption" / "visa on arrival" only gets you a 7 day "visa" after which you must obtain a "proper" visa from a thai embassy / consulate. Go to virtually any western Thai consulate / embassy website and you will generally find all the information you need.

Smiles
February 3rd, 2009, 11:06
Spam above: reported

Removed. I have it set so bots can't register and post spam now, but a determined individual can. I need to find a new version of the MOD I had on the old version that disallowed newbies from posting any urls until after they have made a few posts over a few days-E.S.]

Narakmak
February 3rd, 2009, 12:09
There is a good bit of misinformation here. So rather than detail them all, trust me, these are the current facts:

--- when you enter from a land border without a visa you now only get 15 days on your western passport, you no longer get 30 days

-- when you enter from an airport without a visa you still get 30 days

-- there is no longer the rule of only using 90 days of non-visa entry days (as above) within a six month period. There is now no such restriction whatsoever

-- currently double entry tourist visas are available at Vientienne Laos, and with those and 2 in country 30 days extensions that covers six months stay with one quick border run for under 50's

--- people using 800K in the bank are at least 50 years old, they are here on one year retirement extensions.

colmx
February 4th, 2009, 01:25
One other new restriction is that the immigration officer will now only grant 7 days extension to a 30 day visa exemption (was previously 10 days)

Although they have the ability to give 10 days (ast their discretion) they won't....

After all every day of an overstay is worth 500B to immigration coffers!

February 4th, 2009, 08:59
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of times one can visit Thailand in one year without a special visa but just getting the 30 day tourist stamp in your passport. I have a USA passport and would like to make up to six trips of two to three weeks each during one year.

Second Question: On one of those 30 day stamps in the Passport could I do the Visa Run into a neighboring country like you guys talk about with the longer term real Visas and get more 30 day extensions?

In November 2008, the Immigration rule was changed. If you enter Thailand through an airport without a visa, you will receive a 30 day stay, which can be extended in country another 7 days. If you enter Thailand through a land border crossing, you will receive only a 15 day stay (presumably can be extended in country for another 7 days). There is no longer any restriction on how many times you can enter Thailand (previously it was a maximum stay of 90 days withing a 180 day period). Obtaining a tourist visa gives you a 60 day stay and it can be extended by Thai Immigration for another 30 days).