PDA

View Full Version : Monty's Street party Dec 31st and Jan 1st

Monty-old
December 23rd, 2007, 15:55
I have decided to do you own thing this year.

From 7:30 both nights New Year's Eve and Day.....

Monty's Street party Dec 31st and Jan 1st

FREE BUFFET

FREE SHOWS

LIVE MUSIC

Mixed drinks 50 bhat Jug of Chang Beer 100 baht.

NO COVER CHARGE

Dodger
December 23rd, 2007, 17:51
If anyone out there hasn't visited Monty's yet, this would be a GREAT time to get your feet wet...(and other body parts as well).

I had some great times during my last holiday at Monty's...Friendly Staff...Sexy Dancers...Great Food...Great Drink Prices, and best of all...a cute-as-hell dancer named...(XXXXX) who walked me home a few nights.

I always had a blast at Monty's, regardless if it was a late at night with a packed house, or just sitting around in the afternoon enjoying a chat with the charismatic Monty himself and other farang stragglers.

I regret that I won't be in town for the holidays, but if I was, I would be hanging my hat at Monty's on Dec 31st to bring the New Year the right way.

mai pen rai

bucknaway
December 23rd, 2007, 18:35
There were a few times when I was on my way back to my hotel room and was passing by Monty's when he was locking-up..... I think it is fair to say that Monty enjoys himself at Monty's also! He was not too drunk to say hello and good night, but his friend did have to help him along... hehehehe :)

Marsha-old
December 23rd, 2007, 19:40
Who wants to spend on Christmas Day 495 baht in a down and out bar?

bucknaway
December 23rd, 2007, 21:18
I don't know if you can call Monty's a down and out bar. I have been in there a few times and inside the bar.... It has a feel of being invited into a condo because of the pit seating and eclectic decoration of furnishings. But it has its appeal. When I was inside I tended to think of my time there as visiting a friends bar.

Monty's is not my style of place only because I like to have full freedom to get-up and move about. I also like to be around farang and Thai fellow customers who are simply having a good time. When I was in Monty's I did enjoy some flirting with his staff but I did not feel free to move about. I felt that I should stay in my seat, watch the dancers, look around the room, share a wink with a Thai guy who was kissing a Farang.

I think Monty's has an appeal for guys who live in Pattaya and don't care to be annoyed by vacationing Farang who are less interesting the closer they are.

Down and out? I don't think so... A nich bar? Yeah... I think Monty has his following who like his bar just the way it is.

jinks
December 24th, 2007, 00:55

When EVERYTHING is cooked FRESH .....

Yes, I've spent time with a down (as far as he wants down, normally others go down) and definitely not out.

December 24th, 2007, 02:48
Glad to hear the news as I will return on December 31. Always good food and cute staff! :cheers:

December 24th, 2007, 15:58

495 baht? Maybe I missed something - or isn't it free buffet, no cover charge, 50 baht a drink?

lonelywombat
December 24th, 2007, 18:03

495 baht? Maybe I missed something - or isn't it free buffet, no cover charge, 50 baht a drink?

If it was we know who would be at the head of the queue waiting for his free drink. Dont we dear.

I remember Montys Xmas party at his pool 2 years ago, when 2 members of this board left without paying.

I am sure you were not one of those who were financially challenged.

Perhaps you were not the person who guzzled Scotch Whisky at a recent free "friends of forums"function.

It annoys me the harping about costs, of what promoters offer from people who arrive and leave

when the bar tab runs out . There is a name suggested often from baht -stop which might be you. ?????

Keep scratching your bum if that is all the pleasure you have of being a resident of Shit Ville

December 26th, 2007, 00:35
lonelywombat,

if you are referring to me, then you have mixed me up with someone else - I have never been to Monty's, never been to a "friends of forum function", never drink whisky, and never visited baht-stop.

I simply asked a simple question - where does the reference to 495 baht come from?

lonelywombat
December 27th, 2007, 07:53
lonelywombat,

if you are referring to me, then you have mixed me up with someone else - I have never been to Monty's, never been to a "friends of forum function", never drink whisky, and never visited baht-stop.

I simply asked a simple question - where does the reference to 495 baht come from?

Montys post
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 13587.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/is-monty-doing-xmas-dinner-t13587.html)

December 27th, 2007, 11:14
That post referred to a "four course meal", nothing to do with the New Year's Eve street party or this post. Please feel free to be as abusive of other posters as you want to, for whatever reason if it makes you happy, but do at least try to be accurate.

lonelywombat
December 27th, 2007, 12:19
That post referred to a "four course meal", nothing to do with the New Year's Eve street party or this post. Please feel free to be as abusive of other posters as you want to, for whatever reason if it makes you happy, but do at least try to be accurate.

Read my reply to marigar

You asked where the 495 baht came from

December 27th, 2007, 23:08
Read my reply to marigar

Now I understand (maybe): your reply and the subsequent abuse was aimed at Marigar, not me, even though your reply actually quoted me. Obvious. End of interest.

December 29th, 2007, 22:17
Marigar wrote :
a down and out bar

Down and out with the Boy's ? :clown:

January 1st, 2008, 11:04
so - how did it go?

January 4th, 2008, 13:36
I have asked around and No One can tell me if this Function was canceled, was the street closed as normal, was there hundreds there as most street parties, was it a Charitable Street party, who ever posted about this party cant they put photos up and lets us know whats going on what a shambles. Some one must know.

What happened did any one go, when ever I go down jomtien Complex for dinner, and I was there last night at CASA PASCAL it seems to be a Ghost Town what is happening are they slowly closing it down.

Brad the Impala
January 4th, 2008, 15:44
I have asked around and No One can tell me if this Function was canceled, was the street closed as normal, was there hundreds there as most street parties, was it a Charitable Street party, who ever posted about this party cant they put photos up and lets us know whats going on what a shambles. Some one must know.

What happened did any one go, when ever I go down jomtien Complex for dinner, and I was there last night at CASA PASCAL it seems to be a Ghost Town what is happening are they slowly closing it down.

Did you ask Monty?

TrongpaiExpat
January 5th, 2008, 16:31
I walked past the party a few times. He had a stage across from the bar and some tables. Not many at the party on the first. Some large round tables with only a few older farangs sitting at them and since I did not know them I did not feel comfortable taking a seat. Smaller tables would have worked better in my opinion.

They made a lot of noise and it carried over to Bondi drowning out the singer. Bondi staff and the poor Thai singer did not look too happy.