PDA

View Full Version : Boxer's Legacy will not be lost.

jinks
December 20th, 2007, 00:19
I have "stolen" all of Brian's site and archived it on my server.
It will therefore not be lost when boxertravels.net comes up for renewall.

http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai.htm Top of the page.

globalwanderer
December 20th, 2007, 01:00
you are not the only one to have copied Boxers pictures for personal use......

December 20th, 2007, 02:38
Thank you guys for saving Brian's site and the pics it contains. I was not aware of Brian's passing and I had never met him, but like many others I had enjoyed surfing thru his pics between trips to Thailand. It helped me stay abreast of the happenings there while having to put up with the drudgery of work here. I have only heard good things about him. Most importantly, he seems to have enjoyed the years in Thailand and the friends he had. I will miss his picture updates on events.

RIP Brian

piston10
December 20th, 2007, 05:58
Prompted by this post I went to the Boxer site, which is still open. I opened the file Beach Bum Contest Throb Splash (centre column, 'Events', near the bottom). My virus protector, Symantec, immediately registered a virus (Trojan.Goldun), the two copies of which it mercifully removed. As a test I left the site, went back in and opened the same file again. Again, two copies of the trojan virus. These seemed to come not from the site itself but from this particular file. I'm afraid I did not go on testing the other files on the site! Thought you might like to know.

December 20th, 2007, 07:05
Great move Jinks. I was hoping that the wonderful history that Boxer recorded would not be lost. The site is a great tribute to the man.

Bob
December 20th, 2007, 09:48
Prompted by this post I went to the Boxer site, which is still open. I opened the file Beach Bum Contest Throb Splash (centre column, 'Events', near the bottom). My virus protector, Symantec, immediately registered a virus (Trojan.Goldun), the two copies of which it mercifully removed. As a test I left the site, went back in and opened the same file again. Again, two copies of the trojan virus. These seemed to come not from the site itself but from this particular file. I'm afraid I did not go on testing the other files on the site! Thought you might like to know.

I also went there and my very up-to-date Norton gave me no warning or issue. Think yours is a false read.

December 20th, 2007, 09:57
Does anyone have any clues where the full sized full definition photos might be?

Gaypattayan
December 20th, 2007, 10:19
All of the photos, travelling to cover events elsewhere, great photos of almost any local event, all leave a legacy for Boxer that I hope will last well into longest memories. His contributions were immense, and he was such a guy of good cheer even when hurting terribly with his disease, I sure want to join in trying to keep his memory alive. Boxer did so much for our community it is hard to detail it. RIP, Brian. You are sorely missed.

Maybe one of our local entrepreneurs might start some kind of Boxer Travels exhibit or a show of his own in hhis memory.

Allen (G.P.)

jinks
December 20th, 2007, 11:06
Does anyone have any clues where the full sized full definition photos might be?

They are all optimised for the web, 5kb smallest to 70kb the biggest.
I have over 5000 images many duplicated as thumbnails.