PDA

View Full Version : Domains

December 16th, 2007, 18:33
Yes I know this will be moved but I want to register a few domain names - can anyone help me out?
I have checked out a few providers and their prices are f****** exhorbitant - just need the basics + some info on setting up websites tks

gearguy
December 16th, 2007, 20:28
between $7-$10 per year; have deals. I registered three domains for 5 years for $60 on one deal.
inexpensive hosting plans and you get one email account per domain free as well.

December 16th, 2007, 21:11
Yes I know this will be moved but I want to register a few domain names - can anyone help me out?
I have checked out a few providers and their prices are f****** exhorbitant - just need the basics + some info on setting up websites tks

Domain names and the hosting of them is very inexpensive and can be done from about 250 Baht a year. However that is all you get, a name and somewhere to park it. The cost will also depend on the website domain type you require, i.e. .com. , .org. , .th and so on.

You start running up the costs when you want to develop a website as the content of your website will determine the storage space you will have to pay for and the more graphically orientated it is the more it will cost you in storage space.

You also need to consider the bandwidth that you get in any package as this will cost you more as visitors to your site increase and if that causes the bandwidth to go over and above that allowed. You need to roughly work out your sites requirements and then do a Google search to find the best hosting company for you.

Also it is often cheaper to buy the domain name itself then transfer it to your hosting company rather than buy from and host it with the same supplier. If you are looking for technical support from your hosting company to assist you in building your site then you will be paying a higher price than for a standard no-frills hosting company.

jinks
December 17th, 2007, 11:50
If you want a reasonable amount of space and worldwide domain e-mail access through outlook a dot com hosted in the states is your best bet.

If you want one that I trust and use......
http://www.startlogic.com/images/text/sl_jan07_main_plbox.gif

http://network.startlogic.com/z/2/CD1416/

I will also earn a few bob if you use the link. :))))

I will also help you, via e-mail, or the next couple of weeks in Thailand.

Local number - 0890966643