PDA

View Full Version : we're just juveniles looking for other juveniles

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 15th, 2007, 20:11
Is this the reason so many older chaps flock to Pattaya seeking out younger company ?

According to anthropologist Desmond Morris ( didn't he write something called the Naked Ape ?)...
Gays ( are) тАШjuvenileтАЩ says academic.
A respected British anthropologist has suggested homosexuality can be explained by a process which causes adults to retain juvenile traits. In his latest book, The Naked Man: A Study of the Male Body, Desmond Morris says that тАШneotenyтАЩ (the biological term for a phenomenon where infantile or juvenile characteristics are continued into adulthood) may cause men to be gay. He also claims that gay men are more inventive and creative than heterosexuals, because they are more likely to retain the mental agility and imagination of childhood. тАЬThe playfulness of childhood is continued with certain people into adulthood. This is very much a positive,тАЭ
http://sxnews.e-p.net.au/news/gays-juve ... -2078.html (http://sxnews.e-p.net.au/news/gays-juvenile-says-academic-2078.html)
note : he does say we retain the imagination and mental agility of childhood and that's a positive.
I agree with him..I'm still only 39 ( have been for decades ) and I still identify with teens. OK I look a bit look a 70 year old Britney Spears..but my mind is still firmly back in the 1960's.

allieb
December 16th, 2007, 00:20
Now I know why we are all friends of Dorothy

Dodger
December 16th, 2007, 02:53
Neoteny...that's it. The word I've been searching for my entire life, which best describes ME.

This explains the reason why I enjoy sitting with the BF watching those Thai cartoons every morning And the whole time I thought it was only for the pleasure of cuddling up to him when he's wearing those soft pajamas.

It also explains the reason why I enjoy the company of younger guys. It's not their young, smooth, perfectly defined bodies at all. It's just the effects of neoteny which I inherited as a little creative gay baby.

Thank you for sharing this Lunchtime. From hence forward I will consider myself a proud noetenous gay guy - who, by the way, is now wed to a Thai Phet thee sam (Ladyboy) who has also been diagnosed with about average creative skills. If we could only bear children, it could possibly mark the emergence of a totally new race of mankind, or possibly evan a fourth gender for the masses to ponder over..

December 16th, 2007, 07:01
note : he does say we retain the imagination and mental agility of childhood and that's a positive.But, regrettably, not the figure

Smiles
December 16th, 2007, 09:06
" ... But, regrettably, not the figure ... "
A self-described fat bald old cunt would say that, wouldn't he.
You're not working hard enough dear (to coin a Heddaism). Try upping the average weight sitting on your face while doing your (self-described) 'favourite exercise'.

Cheers ...

Hmmm
December 16th, 2007, 09:14
Desmond Morris may have a D.Phil. degree from Oxford University on the Reproductive Behaviour of the Ten-spined Stickleback, but that doesn't make him an 'academic'.

As far as I can tell he has never held any academic appointment, but has spent his entire career in the media. He is perhaps best characterized as a populist author on human anthropology, not a field that has always been pursued by rigorous scholars. Morris' work is not subject to the peer-scrutiny of academic journals, like that of 'real' academics.

It sounds like his latest work is pure speculation, and not particularly constructive. I anticipate the lunatic fringe seizing on this to confirm their prejudices.

dab69
December 17th, 2007, 08:19
more "interpretive science" ,
as in not quite totally made up?

December 17th, 2007, 08:55
Tourette, as the Forum's self-proclaimed "only" scientist, be making a contribution here?

Aunty
December 17th, 2007, 12:18
Tourette, as the Forum's self-proclaimed "only" scientist, be making a contribution here?

Well I just spent the last hour composing a very nice reply (and rebuttal to Dr Morris' theory), but again the forum software has complety erased my post upon hitting the submit button. I shan't be rewriting it.