PDA

View Full Version : Chakran, and who is Farang?

December 15th, 2007, 18:31
Well guys, it might be an ooooold boring topic - but i wonder one thing:

many posters say that Chakran is not the place for Western farang to go, at least not if you compare it to Babylon. However - and i know that i could just go and find out - i want to ask the following:

Being a white western farang, VERY YOUNG and cute actually, is it worth a visit? i do not mean in terms of the "beautiful decoration", but in terms of getting a good experience with Asians, WITHOUT feeling and asking myself "should i have better gone to Babylon"? Don't get me wrong, but I do understand if young, cute thai-boys do not like ALL old, rather fat GWM. What i mean is this: Is the Chakran tendency against ALL gwm, or just in relation to the young, asian crowd who might just miss the presence of young gwm?

TrongpaiExpat
December 15th, 2007, 18:42
There's no way of telling if you will get lucky and find what you want at Chakran and/or Babylon.

Babylon has more in attendance but sometimes way too many farang of all ages and more annoying rude farangs. Very few farangs seem to go to Chakran, any age, and that must say something. Yet, that's not to say that you could not get very lucky there. It also appears to me that more come to Babylon for "hook-up's" in private rooms/dark rooms than at Chakran. It's not unusual to see all the rooms open an everyone just looking around and at each other at Chakran.

Both Babylon and Chakran close early, so if things don't work out go to G-Star, E Bar or DJ and you might find someone. Keep in mind that Thai go out in groups and you have to separate one from the group and that is sometimes a challenge. If you find one alone often they are in it for the money.

December 15th, 2007, 21:12
Chakran in my experience is frequented mostly by (young) Asians looking for other Asians.
On the other hand as a farang if you are handsome and/or slim some can get interested in you too. My farang boyfriend and me we both like to go to Chakran. Although we reached age forty by now, but still are in excellent physical condition (daily gym visits help a lot) , it has never been a problem to meet someone at Chakran. We even find it nicer sometimes to chase a little bit rather than being chased, as is typical for Babylon. Or even more so for Sansuk sauna in Pattaya.
The decor at Chakran is very nice albeit not typical Thai, rather Moorish. Many photo shoots are done in this sauna.

December 15th, 2007, 22:57
If you are young and cute you will do just fine most any where you go. Go for it!!! You will be the exotic meat at Chakran; the boys will be chasing after you.
One must keep in mind that most of the posters here older and on the hunt for young Asian gerontophiles. Most of the boys at Chakran are not gerontophiles; Babylon is a different story :compress: :compress:

December 16th, 2007, 09:22
I am a 60 year young American farang who has been to Babylon a number of times - ALWAYS a wonderful time! - real nice ambiance, great food, and always lots of play with fine younger Thai/Asian gentlemen. I feel that the Thais there are interested in farang, and know that at Babylon, they will find many farang of various descriptions.

Most unlike Chakran!! I went to Chakran one time, after a Purple Dragon Bangkok day-tour, with my "BF", at the suggestion of our tour guide, who said that Chakran was "much better" than Babylon. Lovely facility, and 100% Thai/Asian on my 1 late afternoon/evening visit. Quite busy, and I believe I was the ONLY farang in the place!! I thought I might get lots of attention, being the only farang... not a chance!! Admittedly, I am not young, muscular, and handsome, but neither am I old, fat, and ugly! I felt like I was almost invisible; did not feel welcome!! As far as I am concerned, Chakran is strictly "Asians-for-Asians".

Sansuk?? - a wonderful addition to the Pattaya scene!! Like Babylon, nice surroundings and ambiance, good food, lots of fun! - and made to feel welcome!!

December 16th, 2007, 10:14
Like peterd623 says, dont go to Chakran expecting to be the center of attention. If you want to get lots of attention go to Babylon. But there is always some action available at Chakran, the best place is in the steam room. Seems quite a few guys are ok with farang in the dark, but are too shy to be seen with you out in the open.
Personally I much prefer Chakran - its a much more relaxed atmosphere than Babylon, and not over-run wth tourists. But maybe not everybody likes that relaxed atmosphere.

TrongpaiExpat
December 16th, 2007, 11:53
Sundays at Chakran used to be no towel night in the steam room, not sure if they are still doing that?

Chakran is the nicer and cleaner facility. Babylon is only clean and maintained where there is light. I saw both steam rooms in full light once and was appalled. The ceiling was covered in black mold and the plaster/cement was pealing off. The place smells like old gym socks sometimes.

December 16th, 2007, 15:03
last Sunday at Chakran they enforced the no-towel rule upstairs from about 6pm till about 8pm - 2 guys at the entry to the \'Heart-to-Heart\' area putting clothes into numbered bags (I want that job!).
The steam room and spa were operating at usual, most guys in speedos. Of course nobody is forcing you to wear anything there.

December 17th, 2007, 07:15
The place smells like old gym socks sometimes.They're obviously trying to appeal to the crowd who like poppers

thrillbill
December 17th, 2007, 17:17
Chakran is a bit out of the way but I was able to get off (no pun intended) at the right BTS station and walk to the place. I am in my late 40's fit and slim and found out if I go when it is the holiday weekend for the boys from Singapore (buffed Chinese I like) then it is easy fishing. When I have gone on a Saturday night it can sometimes be boring unless it is crowded. - A nice change from Babylon.

Dodger
December 18th, 2007, 03:39
Quote:

Being a white western farang, VERY YOUNG and cute actually, is it worth a visit?

Packback, the answer in NO. The place is an absolute hell hole.

Come on over to my condo anytime to discuss in much more detail.

bucknaway
December 18th, 2007, 05:28
I have been to Chakran a number of times and have always been shown attention from the asian and farang guys in there.

Go and enjoy yourself.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 18th, 2007, 06:01
The place smells like old gym socks sometimes.They're obviously trying to appeal to the crowd who like poppers

no-they're appealing to the crowd who like the smell of old gym socks :confused4:

TrongpaiExpat
December 20th, 2007, 18:51
Chakran is offering a 490B entrance fee valid for 1 week. Also, a new zone called Garden of Eden will be open with a party and a Man of Chakran contest on 22 Dec.

December 21st, 2007, 01:04
... a new zone called Garden of Eden will be open... replete with many members of the genus "one-eyed trouser snake"

krobbie
December 21st, 2007, 01:14
Quote:

Being a white western farang, VERY YOUNG and cute actually, is it worth a visit?

Packback, the answer in NO. The place is an absolute hell hole.

Come on over to my condo anytime to discuss in much more detail.

I know this is a shock but should a married man be inviting good-looking young white boys to his home!
I must ring su and see how she feels.

Cheers
krobbie :blackeye: