View Full Version : overseas mailing of packages

thrillbill
December 13th, 2007, 22:55
--So I go to one of the private places at a shopping center that will mail packages for you (Pattaya Post) and the clerks (not trained at all in how to figure out costs or answer questions...I don't think they could even understand English and THIS IS a business that depends on the farangs who live here and tourists...) couldn't show me a chart of the various rates to different countries and the cost per kilo... They said, "We have no price list.." Yes, I became upset because these places seem to be very unpredictable of what the cost is.. If I go directly to UPS or DHL will it be better?

TOQ
December 13th, 2007, 23:04
Last time I did an overseas shipment it was in Pattaya at the main DHL office on 2nd Road... Had no problems at all and they have a rate chart posted on the wall..

john

TrongpaiExpat
December 13th, 2007, 23:47
I don't think they could even understand English and THIS IS a business that depends on the farangs who live here and tourists...)

Dam foreigners not speaking English...

Go to the post office in Thai it's called Prisenee EMS works pretty well, I don't mess with those mailbox etc outfits, not reliable in my experience and a few others told me the same-same. Fed Ex works well but expensive. DHL are picky about what's being sent. UPS is OK.

Thai Postal Rates (http://www.thailandpost.com/search_ems_en.asp)

December 23rd, 2007, 12:18
Another great and easy way to ship is Federal Express. I have used the office in Naklua many times. They speak excellent English, are very kind, courteous and super helpful.

Good luck,
(TR) The Rose

December 23rd, 2007, 16:52
--If I go directly to UPS or DHL will it be better?

YES. Both are reliable and have reasonable rates. FedEx is far too expensive, especially to Europe.

thrillbill
December 23rd, 2007, 22:21
thanx for the suggestions... I went to the post office in Naklua last weekend...went up stairs and stood in line for one minute and was taken care of with ease. It was painless and refreshing to have someone wait on me with proper training. (and no door knob as I ran into at the private Pattaya Post place at Tesco that would rather eat her soup and put on her make up :cheers: )