PDA

View Full Version : Baht-stop...........

jvt22222
December 9th, 2007, 07:30
...........is back as of 8:30 Sunday morning Pattaya time .......... just checked.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 9th, 2007, 09:19
I mean -isn't that wonderful news !

Wowpow will be pleased.

December 10th, 2007, 02:54
I mean -isn't that wonderful news! Wowpow will be pleased.I felt Hedda needed the oxygen so paid the subs on her behalf

December 10th, 2007, 03:41
I mean -isn't that wonderful news !

It's so wonderful Lunchtime that I have peed myself three times at the excitement of them being back. I am amazed at how the world managed to survive without Baht Stop for 24 hours, to say nothing of having to do without Heddah as well.

I know nothing of Heddah, other than what I have read here. Is she really that bad and as nasty a person as some of the spiteful fuckers that we have here? Who I may add, are thankfully in the minority. Just an innocent question for any of you old hands here that may care to answer it. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

I promise I will not loose any sleep if no one bothers to answer me. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/tongue.gif

G.

December 10th, 2007, 04:17
I know nothing of Heddah, other than what I have read here. Is she really that bad and as nasty a person as some of the spiteful fuckers that we have here? http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=41 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog.php?w=41)

December 10th, 2007, 04:50
I know nothing of Heddah, other than what I have read here. Is she really that bad and as nasty a person as some of the spiteful fuckers that we have here? http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=41 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog.php?w=41)

Why thank you kind sir, I will certainly give that a read. For the record, I don't want you getting big headed in thinking I was referring to you in any way, with regard to us having some spiteful fuckers here on the board. You can be extremely witty at times and in many of your posts, I quite enjoy your obvious intellect and humour that you show.

If only you were not so fucking monotonous and boring during the times you post about me and Buddhism along with your demented ramblings about Auntie. As someone that has been a performer all their life and you can take that any way that you wish, one should always learn to leave the crowd wanting more, as well as knowing when it is time to move on.

I doubt that you will listen to what I have said Hommie, but you gave me the opportunity by your post to give it a shot.

On a side note, perhaps you and I can get together professionally in the studio in Bangkok. Like Heddah, I know very little about you, but if the things I have heard are true, we could revive an old big time hit, but with a subtle change in the title of that hit.

Instead of calling the song in question Shaduppa your face, we could call it, sit ona ya face. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

Choc Dee Hommie,

G. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

December 10th, 2007, 10:36

I know nothing of Heddah, other than what I have read here. Is she really that bad and as nasty a person as some of the spiteful fuckers that we have here? Who I may add, are thankfully in the minority. Just an innocent question for any of you old hands here that may care to answer it.....
G.

Hedda was never quite as bad as Boygeenyus, Billy or Homitern. His problem was he stepped on some important toes back in the days of the old Pattayagay/sawatee forum and got banned. He then started a "vendetta blog" against Sawatee.
Now he spends most of his time pontificating about non-Thailand stuff like the "evils of Israel" and such and, at least to me, is a real bore. I mean if I want to read about world affairs I'll go pick up a copy of the New York Times.

Of course if someone takes a poke at him he fights back. A lot of posters don't like that.

catawampuscat
December 10th, 2007, 10:56
hedda never answers direct questions and always shifts into well dear, dear you know , and dear this and dear that.
hedda is a snake in the grass and behaves just like a lawyer and a pompous self important one at that.
fortunately, memories are starting to get dimmer as hedda has been banned for years but no one was as obnoxious
and bitchy nasty as that slippery eel.

hedda denies ownership of baht-stop but it is a hedda blog and full of propaganda and bullshit and not worth the effort.george ,
you haven't missed a thing and if you are really curious you know where to find the words of dear this and
dear that.. even my grandmother never used so many dears and talk about condescending..
Best thing this forum ever did was rid itself of the nightmare.

hedda doesn't care about being hated and despised and cursed, at least not in his postings and it is part of the act and
one that thankfully doesn't play here anymore.

funny, how such an old poster can still evoke such hatred and dislike even after all this time..... :cat:

dave_tf-old
December 10th, 2007, 11:08
Headda is opinionated--meaning he has/had an opinion on every subject under the sun from the war on terror to dog poop on the walkways of Jomtien. He has/had the distinction of expressing those opinions in some of the finest prose that's ever graced these boards. If he wasn't, he should have been a columnist for a major Daily in the States. As a writer/opinion spouter, he would have had those who loved him and those who loved to hate him, a sure-fire recipe for success.

These boards don't operate as newspapers with editorial control however, and people were rightly put off at having themselves either being the subject of investigation or being reduced to the equivelant of 'letters to the editor' while Hedda tried to gain control of both the boardroom and editorial.

His complete inability to 'leave it alone' when he could neither bully, cajole, or shame individuals into meeting his demands was his ultimate downfall in previous boards, I think. As a person, some liked him, some didn't and if he had stuck to writing opinion, we'd have weathered all that. I missed him for a while, but not enough to follow him all over the internet.

December 10th, 2007, 22:37
When I finally accepted my sexuality back in 1984, I thought I would be in a warm and loving community. I was quickly and unceremoniously brought down to earth. Why is it that there is so much acrimony and bitterness in our community? We have so much talent and interesting diverse personalities among us - why can't we embrace that? We receive enough hostility from the straight world and we don't need it in our own world. Love and peace to everyone.

December 10th, 2007, 23:01
When I finally accepted my sexuality back in 1984, I thought I would be in a warm and loving community. I was quickly and unceremoniously brought down to earth. Why is it that there is so much acrimony and bitterness in our community? We have so much talent and interesting diverse personalities among us - why can't we embrace that? We receive enough hostility from the straight world and we don't need it in our own world. Love and peace to everyone.

Why should your sexuality shield you from the trials and tribulations of those experienced in the 'straight' world?

Your self pitying approach that so many people in the gay world take claiming that the entire gay world is persecuted by the 'straight' world is what causes friction between the two.

Get real, for as you have discovered there is no such thing as a 'gay community' that is going to 'love you'. Trying to distance yourself from anyone who is straight, as many of the posters to these forums appear to try and do, will only restrict your circle of friends and your life's opportunities.

Maybe it is your own attitude that brings you the hostility or perceived hostility you write of? I can honestly say that I have never been treated either in my personal or business life with hostilty because of my sexuality. But then neither do I go around playing the self pitying dagger through the heart role that so may gay people seem to thrive on.

December 11th, 2007, 02:00
When I finally accepted my sexuality back in 1984, I thought I would be in a warm and loving community. I was quickly and unceremoniously brought down to earth. Why is it that there is so much acrimony and bitterness in our community? We have so much talent and interesting diverse personalities among us - why can't we embrace that? We receive enough hostility from the straight world and we don't need it in our own world. Love and peace to everyone.Oh dear

December 11th, 2007, 06:17
When I finally accepted my sexuality back in 1984, I thought I would be in a warm and loving community. I was quickly and unceremoniously brought down to earth. Why is it that there is so much acrimony and bitterness in our community? We have so much talent and interesting diverse personalities among us - why can't we embrace that? We receive enough hostility from the straight world and we don't need it in our own world. Love and peace to everyone.Oh dear

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i297/padlom/card.jpg

December 11th, 2007, 08:33

Ditto honey.
I've had to learn to pick my friends carefully and develop a thick hide.
Repeat after me: Mai Pben Rai

UncleSam
December 11th, 2007, 12:11
I know nothing of Heddah, other than what I have read here. Is she really that bad and as nasty a person as some of the spiteful fuckers that we have here? Who I may add, are thankfully in the minority. Just an innocent question for any of you old hands here that may care to answer it.

I can tell you that Hedda's biggest problem on this board was that she usually knew more about what what she was writing about than anyone else and didn't hesitate to say so, in language which, as Dave says, was "some of the finest prose that's ever graced these boards." That's more than enough to get you hated by most of the 'spiteful fuckers" who live here.

Hehehe.....

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 11th, 2007, 14:13
""some of the finest prose that's ever graced these boards."

as Homintern would say..oh dear.

December 12th, 2007, 01:24
""some of the finest prose that's ever graced these boards." as Homintern would say..oh dear.That was a Smiles view as well. Oh dear

dave_tf-old
December 12th, 2007, 01:55
And so, Dear George, I hope you can see that years after his departure, Hedda is still a lightning rod. Whether you think that's a good or a bad thing depends on your feelings about rods.

Smiles
December 12th, 2007, 09:05
" ... I can tell you that Hedda's biggest problem on this board was that she usually knew more about what what she was writing about than anyone else and didn't hesitate to say so, in language which, as Dave says, was "some of the finest prose that's ever graced these boards." That's more than enough to get you hated by most of the 'spiteful fuckers" who live here. Hehehe ... "
And still surrounded by the regular boot licking sycophants I see. Hohohoho (in the upcoming season's spirit)

Cheers ....

PeterUK
December 12th, 2007, 13:22
On the subject of Hedda, dave tf's first post in this thread sums up my own view pretty well. I was a big Hedda fan until he completely lost his marbles over the multiple-posting issue, which I thought revealed a clinically paranoid personality. He seems to have mostly got over all that now and writes elsewhere as entertainingly and thought-provokingly as ever on aspects of life in Thailand. Unlike some (I find their animosity rather frightening), I bear no grudges and would welcome him back like a shot if he chose to post here again. There are very few posters here whose names alone guarantee that I would click on a thread on, say, Hillside Irrigation in Northern Thailand, but Hedda was one such.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 12th, 2007, 16:39
"I can tell you that Hedda's biggest problem on this board was that she usually knew more about what what she was writing about than anyone else"

the other problem being no-one else had a bloody clue what she was on about :dontknow: