PDA

View Full Version : This will bring the tourists flocking back

December 9th, 2007, 05:05
Hold the presses. Today's top story worldwide is that the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department has cut the entrance fees for foreigners to national parks countrywide in a bid to lure more overseas tourists. This is in response to complaints about poor tourist facilities. Don't tell me the Thais are finally waking up to the notion that they might have to compete for the tourism business. Mind you, cutting the entrance fee is probably a damn sight cheaper than improving the facilities - http://www.bangkokpost.net/topstories/t ... ?id=124283 (http://www.bangkokpost.net/topstories/topstories.php?id=124283)

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 9th, 2007, 09:20
it's one giant wildlife reserve.

TrongpaiExpat
December 9th, 2007, 11:02
Cutting the price from 400 to 200 is hardly a bargain if you consider the Thai price is 20B and 40B. The Thai price often written only in Thai using the seldom used Thai script for numbers.

A Thai DL gets you in for the Thai price most times.

There's talk of an increase in Bangkok taxi rate to be implemented after the election.

Dick's quietly increased all prices at 10B on the menu but for some reason charge me at the old rate.

December 9th, 2007, 11:21
Cutting the price from 400 to 200 is hardly a bargain if you consider the Thai price is 20B and 40B. The Thai price often written only in Thai using the seldom used Thai script for numbers.

A Thai DL gets you in for the Thai price most times.

There's talk of an increase in Bangkok taxi rate to be implemented after the election.

Dick's quietly increased all prices at 10B on the menu but for some reason charge me at the old rate.

Thats because your so special.....

TrongpaiExpat
December 9th, 2007, 16:23
The one that really aggravates farangs is at Ko Samet. The songtows meet the boat, take the farangs to the gate where they collect 400B per person and calling Ko Samet a National Park is quite a stretch. It used to look a little like a park 20 years ago but now it's wall to wall tourist resorts and restaurants.