PDA

View Full Version : Mecca Police

February 20th, 2006, 11:32
It looks like this board has its own Mecca Police all of a sudden. How did that happen? Don't give in to calls for censorship. What was the avatar the moderator deleted as "fanning the flames" (or words to that effect) last week? I never saw it. Was that one also deleted by request of Uncle?

Posts containing or promoting criminal activity should be deleted, discussion and jokes should not.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... php?t=7084 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7084)

catawampuscat
February 20th, 2006, 11:37
silom, you know better than to post this on the Gay Thailand Forum..What has this to do with this forum??
Hopefully the moderators will move elsewhere or delete as inappropriate...

February 20th, 2006, 11:44
silom, you know better than to post this on the Gay Thailand Forum..What has this to do with this forum??
Hopefully the moderators will move elsewhere or delete as inappropriate...

I notice threads about board policy often start here before being moved to "Posting Guidelines and Discussion."

Now what was your opinion about censorship again?

February 20th, 2006, 11:54
It wasn't censored. It was moved to the appropriate forum. This is not about Thailand, nor is it particularly vital for members to see. This is a Global issue. It is perfect for the Global forum. Sometimes we let threads that are of particular importance overall to the members of the board run in the board's most popular forum to insure they are noted before moving them to the appropriate place.

It is here now:

'Da Thread (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7084)

Please note that when threads are moved here, it doesn't change the url of that thread, meaning old links will still lead to it, unlike on ezboard. The thread is still in the same place on the WWW, it just had the link to it moved in the forum index.

Re: Tolerance;

Well, I guess I should admit that I found Silom's original posting humorous, but, like most of us, I am a secular Christian. My favorite jokes are all about lampooning Christianity, i.e.;

Q. Why did Jesus never get into College?

A. He was nailed on his boards.

Most secular Christians in America and Europe would laugh at that, but then again, it has been centuries since Christians have been singled-out for discrimination in the way that Muslims are today, so we secular Christians can laugh at ourselves now. We are not currently being fed to lions. Some people are.

Signed,

Elephantspike

elephantspike
February 20th, 2006, 12:28
Sorry to have had to post that as "Freddy". I was logged-in by that name when this most important issue came up. That's the name I use to log in as an ordinary member so I can see what the board looks and functions like from the user-end.

February 20th, 2006, 12:34
Sorry to have had to post that as "Freddy". I was logged-in by that name when this most important issue came up. That's the name I use to log in as an ordinary member so I can see what the board looks and functions like from the user-end.

Lucky for u H*D*A ain't here no more. She'd try to beeh**d you knowing that you are using "multiple" IDs!

elephantspike
February 20th, 2006, 12:56
Lucky for u H*D*A ain't here no more. She'd try to whether**d you knowing that you are using "multiple" IDs!

I'm not sure which of the many simpletons that have apparently (thankfully) recently abandoned us that you are referring to, but I never intended to ever post as "Freddy", but hey, I had an important issue come-up while I was logged-in that way, so, fuck it, I did.

I'm just tweaking the software.

It's all variable urls here, which means that the board looks different depending on your board status. I have to make the board attractive and navigable for all, whether they are administrators, moderators, or just members, whether they are logged-in or out, whether they belong to one group or another or not, etc.

February 20th, 2006, 16:15
It wasn't censored. It was moved to the appropriate forum. Signed,
Elephantspike

I didn't mean the thread about the Danish cartoon thread as a whole but something I seem to remember was deleted. An avatar?

elephantspike
February 20th, 2006, 23:23
Yes. We deleted an avatar of the image in that cartoon that caused word-wide rioting. Why fan the flames? For fun? I don't think it's fun. I just don't want to be part of the problem.

February 23rd, 2006, 14:00
well said elephant.