When I go there I get:

"Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible."

Anyone know what's happening?

December 6th, 2007, 22:30
When I go there I get:

Wowpow,

Have you asked the billing/support department yet?

Please let us know. Merry Xmas!

December 7th, 2007, 00:10
Forgetting to pay bills is common these days.

catawampuscat
December 7th, 2007, 00:14
It will be an early Xmas present if hedda's forum goes psssttt. My guess is it died of boredom
and pompous pronouncements from the worse nightmare to ever hit the gaythai forums.
Well, maybe I can think of one or two others in that select group but at least they now have another home
where few are bothered by trolls and the troll master. :cheers:

Actually hedda posts there too, so maybe , well , it is all no doubt just
a internet registration thing or a forgotten payment and hedda will be back... sigh...

I don't believe in Xmas anyway but I do believe in fairies and trolls...555 :cat:

lonelywombat
December 7th, 2007, 05:58
When I go there I get:

It will be interesting to go back to Heddas blog to refresh my memory about what she said about SWF

when they had similar problems. From memory she has been anything but generous.

thaiworthy-old
December 7th, 2007, 06:00
It will be an early Xmas present if hedda's forum goes psssttt. My guess is it died of boredom
and pompous pronouncements from the worse nightmare to ever hit the gaythai forums.
Well, maybe I can think of one or two others in that select group but at least they now have another home
where few are bothered by trolls and the troll master. :cheers:

Actually hedda posts there too, so maybe , well , it is all no doubt just
a internet registration thing or a forgotten payment and hedda will be back... sigh...

I don't believe in Xmas anyway but I do believe in fairies and trolls...555 :cat:

Yes, I never liked Hedda either . . . all that DEAR this and DEAR that . . . I dodged his posts and never posted myself. I lost all respect for Gaybutton once she came on board. But then, that was when he had his own forum and . . . well, nevermind.

Good riddance I say!

December 7th, 2007, 06:37
OOOOer! People lining up to be cruel to Baht Stop.

I would point out that reading it is/was optional and by judicious use of the Ignore button you can filter out contributors that you don't like,

Historically there has only been ONE major Gay Thailand forum at a time that lasted for any period. I like to have a broad spread and now we have four forums each with it's own character. I hope that they can all survive.

December 7th, 2007, 07:19

I would point out that reading it is/was optional and by judicious use of the Ignore button you can filter out contributors that you don't like,

Historically there has only been ONE major Gay Thailand forum at a time that lasted for any period. I like to have a broad spread and now we have four forums each with it's own character. I hope that they can all survive.

Yes wowpow,

Many have said you have always liked a "broad spread"

December 7th, 2007, 07:54

I always found that board to be much nastier than even Sawatee with Boygeenyus and Billy.

I finally just gave up reading it since I never posted there and most of the topics were the same as the ones here.

Smiles
December 7th, 2007, 09:02
One cannot but appreciate the irony of a suspended/deleted/gone/demised/whatever message board which began life first as a Blog (owned and pontificated on by Hedda), then as a full bore Message Board (again owned & moderated & and preached on by Hedda ... no matter how much he denies it) with the express purpose of denigrating ~ hopefully destroying ~ every aspect of Sawatdee . . . . an obsessive campaign all undertaken by a single pompous ass who in the end could not bully his own way with the Administrator of this Board.

The aforementioned Blog predicted the End of Sawatdee at every possible opportunity. Baht-Stop was not quite so leaden with boorish glee for that end, but the same view came up often there as well. There were bitchy rounds of cyber-chuckling there when Sawatdee had it's (shortlived) financial upheavals.

I agree with Wowpow that the world needs more than one message board on the subject of gay Thailand. So now it has at least 4 decent ones (I would include the gay forum on ThaiVisa in these), and good luck to all of them. I'm personally quite biased against Baht-Stop (for obvious reasons) and would never include it in the group my chok dee's are aimed at.

If the reason for it's suspension is in fact a money issue, then it will probably re-emerge. But, for myself, Baht-Stop was/is a poisonous little board, with a nasty disposition and a nastier clientele, which shall not be missed.

Cheers ...

catawampuscat
December 7th, 2007, 10:29
I lost all respect for Gaybutton
Thaiworthy, we seem to be in lockstep and even I am getting suspicious but I do agree with your statements..

GB protests loudly that he is not in charge of his forum and he has no control over the madness that rules there.
I am sure it is a ploy to let the insane run free in order to "spike" up some interest in a moribund website,
which serves only as the most boring blog in the gayuniverse and lets the troll master try to keep himself talked
about on the beaches of Pattaya but he is just scorned as an abject fool by those with the misfortune to know him.

GB serves the "pied piper of Sunee" (imagine one bearded pansy size xxxxxL leading a parade of xxxx youthful paid admirers) and his pet troll.
I have also lost all respect for GB, who clinges to his
powerless moderator position despite what goes on, with the very lame excuse that he is not the owner..

I would not serve a twisted damaged man and anyone that does gets no respect, not even from the lady-boys.

lonelywombat
December 7th, 2007, 17:08
When I go there I get:

It will be interesting to go back to Heddas blog to refresh my memory about what she said about SWF

when they had similar problems. From memory she has been anything but generous.

Dumping trash

The continuing saga of Whatever-happened-to-Sawatdee-Forum rages on, in what now appears to have been a simple matter of its owner, the man who calls himself Elephantspike, having had the plug pulled for the non-payment of rent.

Now that's the sort of thing that can happen to anyone, even if it's just a little more than embarrassing when it happens to you. Even worse, however, is when you allow your friends and associates to look very foolish when they start to publicly imagine all sorts of terrible scenarios, only to find out that you were just a little short on arranging a payment on time.

Even if the rent is current now, one wonders what kind of absentee landlord or slumlord is pushing the buttons, or simply ignoring, the goings on at SF. There are some real head cases lurking there and the reputed owner doesn't seem to care enough to comment on recent events.

But what I found equally amazing about the blackout at Sawatdee was not only the utterly adolescent way in which some posters reacted to the sudden closure. What was truly appalling was the manner in which all sorts of Sawatdee veterans, starting with dear old Smirks, and all the usual trolls, who immediately highjacked the GayThailand posting board as their emergency communications center, without the slightest apololgy or thank you for the obvious imposition.

Mind you, it wasn't like a good neighbor coming next door to ask politely if he can use your phone because his is out of order. No, the Sawatdee gang arrived without invitation like some long-lost brother-in-law, out of time on his own mobile phone, who saw the lights on and dropped in to use your home and phone for free.

It got so bad that some of the veteran trolls like Farang Boss were actually giving progress reports on GayThailand as to what might have happened to Sawatdee's missing owner. Another tearful SF troll actually posted a "Thanks for the Memories" tribute to Elephanstpike, not on the old Sawatdee, which was still being run by Jinx because the rent was paid in advance, but on GayThailand, where many of these jokers had never even visited, much less posted before.

Smiles & Company should be ashamed for moving in on Gaythailand as if it was their private satellite link with the real world. Elephantspike may be too indifferent a captain to care how he runs his ship, but that doesn't excuse his crew from acting like the pirates of the caribbean, jumping from their sinking ghost ship onto the nearest thing that floats.

To their credit, the men running GayThailand were too polite to wonder or ask when the visitors with the eye patches and muddy boots might be leaving. Indeed, they might well turn out to be refugees who came to stay. Now that's a chilling thought, isn't it ? Sort of like the Marielle boat crowd that Castro used as cover to dump his trash in Florida.

As most of you regular Blog readers know by now, I am not a great admirer of the sloppy and sleazy way in which Sawatdee Forum has been operated at times in the past. What I guess I never really appreciated until now is that some of these folks just don't seem to have the class to know how to act decently. Pity.

I forgot that Shitsville can be just as much a state of mind on the internet, as it is a place on the Gulf of Siam. That won't change just because the rent is now current.

paulg
December 7th, 2007, 17:14
QUOTE Hedda @ Dec 7 2007, 10:29 AM
I am getting the same message and have sent an email to Bahtstop in the USA to see what's happened. I also suspect some SNAFU in the accounting department.
<end>

Well Well!!!.... What is Hedda going to do if the main man, who last time I had dealings with him, he was registered in Arizona, when he could not take the heat of his star writer throwing a tantrum, over my truthful rendition of copying other news reports, in his own words, but that is all water under the bridge now.

Just think if the bill is not paid and Hedda is thrown out with the bath water. Now Gaybutton has at last, got his act together and is being very nice and reasonable with people, he is going no where as he is now doing a wonderful job here, Im sure.... but may be Gay tingtong may need a white House correspondent, to liven up there pages or bring the intellectual audience over there, I know Hedda is not welcome at Sawatdee, after being ceremoniously banned, so what do you think she should do, not try to get by with her blog againтАжafter this wide exposure... just think, some times as many at 90 people read his BS? page, in a month, so now its all up in the air .

I love it when Hedda writes from the cuff, he has a good way with words and I must admit IтАЩm a fan, but all that autocratic dominance, calm that down and you may have a hit on your hand old girl. as GB has here now.

Who needs friends in Pattaya????????????????????

December 7th, 2007, 22:25
It seems that the accounting department at our server lost track of the website's annual subscription payment last month and pulled the plug on the site sometime overnight. Well, we're happy to say that it's all been cleared with the opening of their NY office and we're plugged back in now, hopefully for another 12 months or more without interruptions.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Those who like the site will enjoy their return. To the bitter few it probably does not make any difference.

Bob
December 8th, 2007, 00:11
As usual, wowpow, some wise and gentlemanly comments. Too bad you're not contagious.

What's the point of raking prior posters and boards over the coals? I've had my own issues with dear Hedda but I can appreciate his writing style and intelligence. As to prior spats, I got over it and moved on. I see no point in people spouting their nasty comments about GB (which only proves to me you never met the guy) or Hedda. Move on.

thaiworthy-old
December 8th, 2007, 00:13

The virtual world is growing every day by leaps and bounds. Just as there was once only 1 gay boy-bar in Pattaya, and now there are many. Past history of only one major forum existing at a time is not an indicator of the future. I think there will be many more than 4 of the like. There will be many more Baht-Stops, and unfortunately, many more Heddas.

catawampuscat
December 8th, 2007, 10:21
deleted by the author..

I realized by annoyance was not really directed to wowpow and misdirected my criticisms toward him..
claws retracted and hissy fit over, for the moment... :cat:

Bob
December 8th, 2007, 11:30
Jesus, pussy, you've managed to attempt to slam wowpow, GB, Hedda, and, perhaps, TJ on this thread.
GB and Hedda don't post here. And TJ and wowpow are gentlemen that have too much class to provide an appropriate response to you.
I have no such limitations and wish to note that, compared with wowpow's and TJ's contributions over the years, yours have been miniscule and, if you'll pardon the pun, rather catty.

December 8th, 2007, 12:01
Is this poison really necessary? Pity that a few sad, bitter and twisted old queens put a dark cloud or a negative spin on virtually every topic on this board and in so doing marr what is otherwise an extremely entertaining, informative and helpful forum.

Personally, I find Baht Stop (and Hedda's writing) just as informative in a different kind of way. Perhaps it is too intellectual at times and some cerebrally challenged posters find that intimidating? Clearly each board has it own angle. So what? Hands up who really gives a fuck if some catty old queen does not like a particular board or particular poster?

December 8th, 2007, 12:42
Is this poison really necessary?Of course - us tired old queens need some form of occupational therapy

December 8th, 2007, 13:10
If bored could they not go handing out condoms, helping even older old queens (or retired colonels) to cross Second Road or, generally do something equally productive???

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 8th, 2007, 14:21
pity-that rusty old bhat stop was de rigeur daily reading for some.

(oh Homintern do behave-stop giggling hysterically)

I'll miss Uncle Sam..his oft repeated he he he was certainly a clue to an inner and deeper conciousness.

but what would I know ?-I'm usually pissed.

December 8th, 2007, 18:33
helping even older old queens (or retired colonels) to cross Second Road or, generally do something equally productive???I assume this is a street in that seaside brothel, Pattaya? I've never been there (and have no intention visiting)

Sen Yai
December 8th, 2007, 18:48
I assume this is a street in that seaside brothel, Pattaya? I've never been there (and have no intention visiting)

Well, apart from incognito malt-whisky sampling trips, eh?

www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-poster-s-party-hosted-by-rainmaker-t13433.html#128208 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-poster-s-party-hosted-by-rainmaker-t13433.html#128208)

Can't say I blame you for staying away otherwise.

December 8th, 2007, 18:57
Fantastic,

An opinion Homintern, without any knowledge!

Run for government!

Aunty
December 9th, 2007, 05:52
Fantastic,

An opinion Homintern, without any knowledge!

Run for government!

He can't. His head won't fit through the door.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 9th, 2007, 08:55
you are missing out on a lot of fun Homintern by not visiting Pattaya.

it's only 2 hours away..you could check out the pedo ridden Sunnee Plaza for yourself and see if Catawamp is correct. There is the glorious new Ocean 1 Tower to see ( well the foundations at least). Surely you want to see what this View Talay place is that everyone talks about ?

Don't you like the beach ? You too could watch the occasional body float up on Jomtien or be entertained by Russians arguing with the sailboarding concessionaires.

and-the place is full of suspect farangs..crooks from every place on earth. It would remind you of Melbourne. The boys are just as good at face sitting as well ( or was that The Colonel's bent ?)

come on down...

catawampuscat
December 9th, 2007, 09:47
I lost all respect for Gaybutton

I have also lost all respect for GB, who clinges to his
powerless moderator position despite what goes on, with the very lame excuse that he is not the owner..

After reading Gaybutton's eloquent and respectful posting on the forum he moderates, I RETRACT my comments about
losing all respect for GB. He is standing up and making himself very clear on what he thinks about the parties involved in
the petty feud and even standing up to the very foolish man who doesn't understand he is the one who stirs the shit and
keeps this nonsense active. This forum master will never get it and is beyond help.
I APOLGIZE to Gaybutton and he has my sincere condolences for having to answer to a damaged warped child/man who
plays people against each other for his own amusement and in his mind it all helps his bottom line.. really twisted when
you consider the facts. :cat:

I regret even bringing this all up on this forum and would never have posted my statements made here on gaybutton's forum
but of course, someone else copied and pasted it in order to embarrass gaybutton, which was never my intention..

I hope this is the end of this matter but somehow I think some fool will continue it and I don't mean the insect.. As the Thais say "Phaw lao"
which translates to "enough already"....

catawampuscat
December 9th, 2007, 10:00
I deleted comments directed towards wowpow earlier in this thread. I realized they were misdirected and
extend my apologies also to wowpow and TJ..

I will not be held responsible for postings on other gaythai sites that I do not and will never post on.
Let others stir the tired old shit, I will take the high road and leave the low road for insects and insect lovers to wallow in
and play their foolish games in.. :cat:

WOW! Upon reviewing my posting, I could not help but notice it was the 1000th.. How can one person have so much to say?
I am sure someone will be happy to answer that ...

thaiworthy-old
December 9th, 2007, 10:29
Cat . . . I hear purring from a distance. Someone must've been petting your furry little ears to be making such sweeping retractions all at once like that. This is a very fine thing you've done.

Too bad Gomez Fong, Bad Boy Billy or Boy Geenyus isn't among us to read this; they might get ideas and make amends. (Yeah, right!)

This took some courage to do and far exceeded anyone's expectations; there just aren't many posts like this. You are one cool cat.

And congrats on your 1000th post! I have only 959 to go before I catch up to you, so I guess I better get busy!