PDA

View Full Version : Thai Cuisine Cooking Class

thrillbill
December 6th, 2007, 21:19
Are there any Thai cooking classes to take for the day in Pattaya. I think there was one on North Pattaya street but I never see it advertised. I took one once up in Changmai and it was great fun (didn't have to do the cleaning up).

December 6th, 2007, 21:41
I think that The Royal Cliff do one - google them.

I just googled 'pattaya cooking courses' and there seemed to be a lot to interest you.

December 6th, 2007, 22:22
Are there any Thai cooking classes to take for the day in Pattaya. I think there was one on North Pattaya street but I never see it advertised. I took one once up in Changmai and it was great fun (didn't have to do the cleaning up).

Thrillbill,

There is one advertised on North Pattaya Road leading to Sukhumvit Road around the area of the left turn to the Balcony restaurant.

For sure, it was advertised.

I remender noticing it last time I was in Pattaya, a couple of weeks ago!

December 7th, 2007, 03:14
I just googles 'pattaya cooking courses' and there seemed to be a lot to interest you.You're asking rather too much of some of our readers, wowpow - they much prefer the rest of us to do all their work for them

thrillbill
December 7th, 2007, 22:53
Thanks for the info. It's not for me but for friends that will visit me during the holidays. (I need to get them out of the apartment for awhile). :colors:

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 9th, 2007, 09:26
it's a full time course and you will never see them.

They specialize in the sort of Thai cooking that the average Thais know nothing about.

It's not generally known ( except by know-alls like me) but the the really fabulous Thai dishes were reserved for the upper classes and handed down from generation to generation. That's what they teach at the Dusit.

December 9th, 2007, 17:58
Look, I may have had too many margueritas - but I think these posts are some of the campest things I have seen on this forum

December 9th, 2007, 18:57
http://www.royalcliff.com/thaiart.asp

Im remember now. A friend went on this course quite a few years back. They cooked green curry chicken. It was more for amusement than serious cookery but he sure could make a good green curry afterwards.

I think it would make a memorable day for you visitors.

December 10th, 2007, 18:51
http://www.royalcliff.com/thaiart.asp

Im remember now. A friend went on this course quite a few years back. They cooked green curry chicken. It was more for amusement than serious cookery but he sure could make a good green curry afterwards.

I think it would make a memorable day for you visitors.

Wowpow,

Whack that that apron on and show them all how it's done.

You could even have two Muscle Mary's as assistants in Chippendale outfits!

Place would be packed and you could take close up photos!

December 10th, 2007, 20:13

Thrillbill,

There is one advertised on North Pattaya Road leading to Sukhumvit Road around the area of the left turn to the Balcony restaurant.

For sure, it was advertised.

I remender noticing it last time I was in Pattaya, a couple of weeks ago!

It is still there and still open. Instruction is in English and specifically aimed at foreigners on holiday, not Thais (so they told me when I enquired a few months ago).