PDA

View Full Version : Where is O'brien's Restaurant?

December 6th, 2007, 13:47
Well it is a new restaurant that will be opening soon across from the Flamingo Hotel. Who is opening this place? Well he is Irish and owns another restaurant across from Day/Night Hotel.

Yes Googie will be opening another restaurant. The hours will be from 9am until late. He told me today that it will be basically Irish food.... :geek:

That area by Flamingo which is past Tuk Com has many nice places to eat. Some of us can remember when just a few years ago the street was run down and empty after Studio Boys closed it's doors. For those that have not visited Pattaya for several years will be amazed at the changes that have taken place here.

December 6th, 2007, 19:09
Well it is a new restaurant that will be opening soon across from the Flamingo Hotel. Who is opening this place? Well he is Irish and owns another restaurant across from Day/Night Hotel.

Yes Googie will be opening another restaurant. The hours will be from 9am until late. He told me today that it will be basically Irish food.... :geek:

That area by Flamingo which is past Tuk Com has many nice places to eat. Some of us can remember when just a few years ago the street was run down and empty after Studio Boys closed it's doors. For those that have not visited Pattaya for several years will be amazed at the changes that have taken place here.

I'd love to see a menu!
Love Irish food.

TrongpaiExpat
December 7th, 2007, 12:49
If that O'Brien's has anything to do with the one in Bangkok at Thaniya Plaza, don't get your hopes up.

Better Irish food across the street on the corner of Thaniya and Silom, the name eludes me right now, but your can't miss it.

Sen Yai
December 7th, 2007, 13:33
O'Briens Irish Sandwiches is a fast growing international franchise, with outlets across Europe, the Middle East, SE and NE Asia and Australia - there's a few in Bangkok, including Thaniya Plaza, as Trongpai says. www.obriensonline.com/ (http://www.obriensonline.com/)

If this new venture in Pattaya is another franchised outlet, then the sandwiches will be the same as everywhere else.

If Pattaya Male's friend is just opening a restaurant using his family name, then he should speak to any Mr McDonald about the potential pit-falls!

TrongpaiExpat
December 7th, 2007, 13:49
Another international chain called Authentic New York Deli, one at Chit Lom, is horrible. New York should sue the chain for name defamation. I got a pastrami glued between two pieces of gummy bread with some undefined special sauce. The single thin slice of meat defied a clean cut in the mouth and just hung there sticking out of my mouth in quite an undignified manner. If I had false teeth it would have pulled the whole rig out.

December 7th, 2007, 16:21
As I understand it, the owner of Googie's is the person opening up this new restaurant in Day/Night area. It will be his own concept and not part of a chain. I think Googie's name is Michael O'Brien, but I am not sure. I believe it is to open up in 3 weeks or so. His current restaurant is called Googie's and that will stay in place as he opens this second restaurant. I think he is working on the menu now. Those that know Googie better than I do may be able to answer the questions better than I can.

December 7th, 2007, 16:28
Better Irish food across the street on the corner of Thaniya and Silom, the name eludes me right now, but your can't miss it.

O'Reilleys.