PDA

View Full Version : Gay Poster's Party Hosted By Rainmaker

December 2nd, 2007, 07:14
Rainmaker sponsored an exceptional party last night at Corner Bar, Sunee Plaza. Free-flowing drinks and excellent food, presided over by The Man himself. His generosity, intelligence, wit and kindness provides a model for every man.

If you were there, you might be interested to know that 220 drinks were served, the most popular being Gin & Tonic, Heineken Beer, and soft drinks. A buffet dinner was also offered, and Gary and his staff at Corner Bar did a superb job in keeping the food and drinks flowing. One (anonymous) guest had the temerity to order four -- count them, FOUR -- Glenfiddich Scotches, but otherwise the attendees conducted themselves as well as can be expected in such a crowd.
The boys of Sunee clustered around the corner like ravenous mosquitoes that have spotted a blood host. And everyone had a good time.

If you were not there, my condolences. Perhaps next year you can arrange to take advantage of The Man's generosity. Thank You Rainmaker.

December 2nd, 2007, 08:15
One (anonymous) guest had the temerity to order four -- count them, FOUR -- Glenfiddich Scotches, but otherwise the attendees conducted themselves as well as can be expected in such a crowd.I'm pleased to see I maintained my anonymity to the end

catawampuscat
December 2nd, 2007, 09:56
1-Perhaps the first time I have seen a sign maker/poster maker not make any errors in spellings.

2-IMHO, Rainwalker was honoured with the presence of Khun Pattayagay himself. I witnessed his arrival
on a motorbike taxi and knowing his health is not 100%, it was an honour to us all that he attended..

3- I had my reservations about Corner Bar working out well for an open invitation party but it worked like
a charm and much better than last years' gala which was confined to a single shop house beer bar. Corner Bar
was an elegant choice and the flow of farangs, drinks and food was awesome.

4-I am wondering about the (4 drinks of Glenfiddich) man and noted there was a gent with an appropriately red nose
who seemed to be knocking them back.. He seemed in a panic when the last round bell rang
and the crowd had only 5 minutes left to order or pay for the drinks themselves.
His designated seat nearest to the bartender led me to believe this gentleman wasn't foolin around with knocking em' back.

5- White Night did a great job in providing the finger food and the large plates. Excellent choices and to top it off
excellent desserts including a big bowl of custard. There wasn't a crumb left over. It was a balloon chaser's dream afternoon and only a few strays off the soi seemed to join the party.

6- Guilt.. I did feel some pangs of guilt enjoying myself with several Margaritas and delicious food and seeing the
usual street boys eying the goings on and left out in the cold. An exaggeration of course, but it is relatively cool
now. It is the same guilt that the boys exploit and get the 20B. notes out of us, with a simple rub of their flat stomachs
or pitiful looks whenever our wallets come out to pay a bin.

7- The host with the most... Rainbowmaker, rainwanker, rainwalker has a big heart . He is hard to dislike
and probably the most open and generous farang I have met. Other farangs throw out the baht but in order to impress the boys,
who no doubt, think they are foolish stupid men but their generosity ends with the boys and one or two farangs with sad
sack stories and who can't remember to bring their wallets with them at expensive restaurants, but I digress...

All the hoopla and endless reminders were worth it and it was a very special day with a very special man and his many friends
new and old.
Kudos to Coroner Bar and the boss and the bartenders.. Great job and I will throw my engagement party there when I propose
to one of the beauties at Minou Bar. It is hard to believe they are not real ladies but that is what a couple of Margaritas will do to you.. :cat:

December 2nd, 2007, 10:05
ok - whos got the pics?

December 2nd, 2007, 11:12
The host with the most... Rainbowmaker, rainwanker, rainwalker has a big heart . He is hard to dislike and probably the most open and generous farang I have met. :cat:

I couldn't agree with you more Cat. It was an absolutely fabulous day and everybody seemed to have a great time. It was especially enjoyable for me to have the opportunity to meet some really nice people that I hadn't met before, whilst at the same time, being able to put some names to faces I have seen around for quite a few years, but without ever having spoken to them.

My thanks again for everything Rainwalker, you are a gentleman and a scholar sir. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggthumpup.gif

George.