PDA

View Full Version : View Talay #7 - Update...The Court Order Survey

travelerjim
December 1st, 2007, 09:38
The Stop VT #7 blogspot has updated information ...

The Court Order Survey

http://stopvt7.blogspot.com/ .

"On Saturday the 17 of November we have finished two and a half days watching the Rayong Administrative Court
ordered survey by a Bangkok surveyor from the Ministry of the Interior. It was witnessed by Pattaya City Hall officials
and representative of our condo. It started at the Pattaya Meteorological Station where a Mean Sea Level (MSL)
reference pin is located. This pin is approximately 59 meters above sea level. Starting at this pin, measurements
had to be made down to the sea by using surveying instruments to establish MSL in front of VT7.

This required two measurements for MSL depending on whether it is 0.0 as claimed by City Hall or +1.448 as
claimed by the Bangkok surveyor that was established by the Thai Royal Navy as and average of all of Thailand.

This claim is the same as has been explained in previous Admin Court hearings.
This is the acceptable international standard establishing MSL in Thailand. From the international standard,
which is at +1.448 meter elevation for MSL, the location of the VT7 building starts about 88 meters from MSL
and the entire building is inside the 200 meter which is stated in Issue 9 as the limit for construction
that is to be no more than 14 meters high.

The argument in court is between Issue 8 (100 meters) and Issue 9 (200 meters)
and VT7 building failing both Issue 8 and 9.

It is expected VT7 will lose their building permit or receive a new permit
for only a 14 meter (4 stories) building?"

---------------------------------------------------------

This is getting more interesting as time passes...
looks like the VT7 condo project is going to be limited to 14 meters high...
which is where the existing construction has stopped!

But...Remember,
This is Thailand

TravelerJim

December 1st, 2007, 10:38
It always struck me as foolish for VT to build up to the 14 meter level. Maybe it was 'political'. If the planning permission fails then they would presumably flatten what is built and revise plans to get optimum space under 14 meters.

Or sell to to Villa for a nice supermarket?

puckered_penguin
December 1st, 2007, 12:55
It always struck me as foolish for VT to build up to the 14 meter level. Maybe it was 'political'. If the planning permission fails then they would presumably flatten what is built and revise plans to get optimum space under 14 meters.

Is 14 ms high enough for people who have made deposits on condos above this height to successfully dive to their deaths if they are so inclined?

krobbie
December 1st, 2007, 16:47
... I would guess that four floors is enough to breal a neck.

December 2nd, 2007, 09:54

Now that would be heavenly!

anakot
December 8th, 2007, 13:14
Honestly I preferred it when this area was a 'carpark' and you could wander thru to the beach.

See'n is how its up some then I'll vote for shopping!!

Up2U
January 16th, 2008, 16:28
For those that care the Rayong Administrative Court has ruled in favor of the City of Pattaya as reported on Thaivisa and at the View Talay Office. There are now additional cranes on-site and construction resumes as orginally planned (27 stories).

jimnbkk
January 16th, 2008, 20:15
I hope nobody is surprised about this development continuing as originally planned.

TIT after all.

January 17th, 2008, 10:26
What with the current international financial crisis, and the reluctance of banks to lend money, I will not be surprised that some of Pattaya's condo developments will grind to a halt. Everybody knows that the property market in Pattaya at the moment is stagnant, and that also a large majority of condos are owned by speculators. The average punter wanting a place to live are thin on the ground. Rumours abound that Jomtien Beach's huge 90 story will now not happen especially as all of the smart money seems to be heading up to the Wog Amat area.

January 17th, 2008, 10:47
Up2U, could you direct me of provide a link to the Thaivisa site as I cannot trace an article. I did try General, Real estate and others and a search to no avail.

It seems an appalling decision and so sad for Jomtien Complex owners.

Up2U
January 17th, 2008, 14:55
Up2U, could you direct me of provide a link to the Thaivisa site as I cannot trace an article. I did try General, Real estate and others and a search to no avail.

I haven't seen anything "official" so take anything posted here (TV) and the bitter postings by both sides in stride:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... 118&st=925 (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113118&st=925)

The physical evidence is VT7 is now adding rebar to go higher. I don't know if VT7 opponents will appeal or lick their wounds and throw in the towel.

lonelywombat
January 17th, 2008, 15:53

I haven't seen anything "official" so take anything posted here (TV) and the bitter postings by both sides in stride:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... 118&st=925 (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113118&st=925)

The physical evidence is VT7 is now adding rebar to go higher. I don't know if VT7 opponents will appeal or lick their wounds and throw in the towel.

Maybe they should consult TiTs who is the authority on these matters

January 17th, 2008, 16:09
Thank you. I cannot find out anything definitive on the court ruling but others have heard that it is a go ahead for View Talay.

I passed the site today and they have large cranes and men working.

January 21st, 2008, 22:38
http://stopvt7.blogspot.com/

Has the full court decision in all it's incredible complexity.