PDA

View Full Version : Die Walkure

November 28th, 2007, 20:07
I have one ticket 1500 baht -good seat for Sunday 2nd at 1800. Anyone want to have it? Private message me.

November 29th, 2007, 07:29
... we shall have to get the Moderators to supply fonts that include the umlaut

November 29th, 2007, 12:28
If all you can do is make sarcastic remarks about a perceived misspelling I feel very sad for you. By the way I understand the germans are getting rid of the umlaut making it "ae" "ue" etc

November 29th, 2007, 12:35
If all you can do is make sarcastic remarks about a perceived misspelling I feel very sad for you. By the way I understand the germans are getting rid of the umlaut making it "ae" "ue" etcSarcasm is in the eye of the beholder, in this case. Although I have to say, where musical sadness is involved, that I feel somewhat sad for those who insist on using the original name when there's a perfectly good English equivalent. I can't remember the last time, for example, I saw Beethoven's symphonies described other than as "symphony", rather than "Sinfonie". It's rather like those tired old queens who insist on using Thai words in the middle of English sentences or (even more vomit-inducing) go around wai-ing each other

Sen Yai
November 29th, 2007, 13:45

Ich h├╢re, da├Я es eine Zusatzgeb├╝hr f├╝r das h├╝bsche umlaut gibt.

jinks
November 29th, 2007, 19:38
The fonts are totally dependent on those installed in the receiving computer.

Les fontes d├йpendent compl├иtement de ceux a install├й dans l'ordinateur de r├йception.

As fontes s├гo totalmente dependente dos instalados no computador de recep├з├гo.

Шрифты полностью зависят от установленных в компьютере получения.

Las fuentes son totalmente dependientes de aquellos instalados en la computadora de recepci├│n.

┬з┬╢┬┐├й├ж├о├вĕħňń┼У řǿΨαπЖ missed in translation - lol

November 29th, 2007, 19:57
If all you can do is make sarcastic remarks about a perceived misspelling I feel very sad for you. By the way I understand the germans are getting rid of the umlaut making it "ae" "ue" etcSarcasm is in the eye of the beholder, in this case. Although I have to say, where musical sadness is involved, that I feel somewhat sad for those who insist on using the original name when there's a perfectly good English equivalent. I can't remember the last time, for example, I saw Beethoven's symphonies described other than as "symphony", rather than "Sinfonie". It's rather like those tired old queens who insist on using Thai words in the middle of English sentences or (even more vomit-inducing) go around wai-ing each other

AHHHHH.....Homointub........a global expert on "tired old queens" would it not have been simpler to "thanks for the offer, but No thanks" I'm quite sure you have heard this statement MANY times in your life.

Aunty
November 30th, 2007, 05:42
AHHHHH.....Homointub........a global expert on "tired old queens" would it not have been simpler to "thanks for the offer, but No thanks" I'm quite sure you have heard this statement MANY times in your life.

Nah, people just usually look at Beryl and say:- Ewww, fuck off!