PDA

View Full Version : Take-a-nap: New Hotel in Bangkok

Sen Yai
November 28th, 2007, 01:07
A new hotel has opened on RamaIV right next door to the BBB Inn, around the corner from Soi Twilight with the name of Takeanap - The Sleeping Room

There are 30 rooms with individual funky decor and also a 7 bed dormitory (those that seemed surprised at this trend in the recent thread on Club One Seven (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/club-17-changes-for-the-better-t13308.html) in Phuket take note of my comment there (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/club-17-changes-for-the-better-t13308.html) !)

The good news for the 'budget conscious' traveler is that the average room rate is around 1500 baht per room (with no mention of joiners). No mention of breakfast either but from the web site: "Every rooms are equipped with bathroom, air conditioned, telephone line, cable TV, hair dryer, tea & coffee facilities and private safe."

www.takeanaphotel.com/index.php (http://www.takeanaphotel.com/index.php)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/takeanap01.jpg

November 28th, 2007, 05:15
... right next door to short-time BBB Inn, so around the corner from Soi Prostitute. However when I walked past yesterday there was a youngish Western woman at one of the tables in lobby, reading the newspaper or working on a PC, so if that's the sort of riff-raff they attract ... :cyclopsani:

November 28th, 2007, 07:14
Hi,

I think it is a good idea really as I often travel down with a few people fro Isaarn, sometimes only to Bangkok giving lifts to friends, and then moving on to Pattaya.

Sometimes, We bring workers down to Pattaya, working on projects or Houses and need to stop in Bangkok. It is good cheap accommodation in that respect, and clean.

You certainly don't want workers scattered all over Bangkok or paying the rates at Tawana for them either.

I bet it goes down well with the backpackers and people on limited budgets.

A good alternative , I think.

If it is aimed solely at the Gay market, I really don't know but it may go down well with the Asian gay guys travelling around in mini groups.

Mind you, if it attracts that market, I would be up for a double room for sure [ next to the Dormitories style rooms!]

November 28th, 2007, 07:18
... right next door to short-time BBB Inn, so around the corner from Soi Prostitute. However when I walked past yesterday there was a youngish Western woman at one of the tables in lobby, reading the newspaper or working on a PC, so if that's the sort of riff-raff they attract ... :cyclopsani:

She might be the owner, for all you know!

cottmann
November 28th, 2007, 07:25
.... (with no mention of joiners). ....

Under room rate it states quite explicitly, in bold font, "Pets are not permitted."

November 28th, 2007, 13:05
It looks interesting.....I might just try it on my next visit. It's certainly handy for ummmmm many places!

November 29th, 2007, 01:07
I was gonna stay at Malaysia on my next trip, but "take a nap" looks much more funky - I mailed them with the questions that really matter, heres what they have to say:

Hi,
Our hotel is gay friendly, located near the Boy Plaza, Silom soi2 and Patpong.
We don't charge for joiner(just not more than 2, will be alright)
Our rates incl. a set of breakfast.(serve from 7am-10am)

Hope this will help, if you have any further question, pls feel free to us know
Regards,
Take a nap

I'm not going until April, so if anyone goes before then - would appreciate your thoughts!

November 29th, 2007, 07:10
"We don't charge for joiner (just not more than 2)" - a nice sense of reality

December 1st, 2007, 01:32
Upon further investigation, this places doesn't have wardrobes - but they do provide "hooks and hangers".

Funky decor or not, thats put me off a bit....

December 1st, 2007, 03:41
I don't know why your contributor called BBB a short-time place, I think it is quite okay for a few days stay, I was there for 2 nights earlier this week, and I've stayed there before.

And the rooms DO have wardrobes. No food, but Dick's Cafe is round the corner, after 10 a.m., and for breakfast earlier than that there are Starbuck's in both Suriwong and Silom roads, also MacDonald's.

December 1st, 2007, 04:38
i queried it because I couldn't see any wardrobes in the photos - or the room plans

"hooks and hangers" were takeanaps words, not mine...