PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood

thrillbill
November 27th, 2007, 21:58
My Thai buddy and I went to the new Hollywood in back of Big C in North Pattaya. I was amazed that it was in a brand new building and was not a rectangular cement block cheapo building. It's a well designed round structure that could fit right in the suburbs of California or Australia. (unusual for Pattaya to have decent structures built other than the 5 star hotels) As I mentioned in another forum, I was disappointed in the sound... large speakers booming out the tunes in full max volume in a huge circular hollow building that created unclear sound. Since the place is so big, wouldn't it be better to have various speakers surrounding the perimeter of the circular room than having just mega speakers above the stage trying to project sound across an area the size of about three basketball courts? If one notices, DJ's in Bkk has great sound and this is because of NOT relying on just a set of huge speakers in one place. They have speakers spread all over the 3 floors. But on the positive side, I was surprised how a lot of thought was put into the design of the inside and outside of the building, including the restrooms.

One complaint... I ordered two vodka tonics and the drinks had NO vodka in them. So my advice is to tell them to put the shots of vodka in one glass and the tonic in another so you can SEE the vodka. Of course when I told the waiter he said there was vodka in it...not worth arguing about but all my friends agreed that there was only tonic in BOTH drinks.

colmx
November 29th, 2007, 04:05
Hi ThrillBill
Thanks for your report!
Has anyone else been to the Hollywood?

Would be interested in hearing your opinions!

BF is back living in Buriram - so he has no first hand knowledge to pass onto me!

zinzone
November 29th, 2007, 12:28
Recently visited the new Hollywood. Yes in many ways it is quite plush, including the rest rooms, and the main area has a modern design,and everything seems new. Good lighting show.What I like about Hollywood, as before, its' generally favoured by many in our gay circle. Also it has live music; though the night I went one band went on too long and were screaming rather than singing but the later acts were worth it. This Hollywood does not as yet have the same 'character' as the old one but give it time, and surely worth more visits. Preferable to go with a group as thats' how the inside is laid out: a lot of large table's for parties etc.

December 22nd, 2007, 11:41
Recently spent a night at Hollywood. Yes, it looks good from the outside and the inside, is decorated ok -- but the sound system is terrible as stated above and all the "fun" and "charm" it had in the South Pattaya location is gone. It is significantly smaller as well -- which also provides a different feel -- one which I didn't think was so great. I miss the big sparkling effect over head and the two-tiered feel of the old place. Plus, it isn't as easy to get to as the old venue which I believe is causing it to become more straight and more Thai. Depending on what you like -- this can be a plus or a minus.

All in all, I won't be returning anytime soon.

(TR) The Rose

December 22nd, 2007, 17:32
In many ways i agree with the above post. Yes, the structure of the building together with the fixture and fittings is very well thought out.

However the music is awful and the shows have not got a touch on the old set. I know you have to move with today, but to me they have gone backwards not forward.

I will not visit again.