PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Immigration

TOQ
November 27th, 2007, 11:04
Just got back from renewing my retirement visa.. Went very smooth.

I took one copy of:

Completed application TM7
Each page in passport and the Arrival/Departure Card
Each page in BankBook
Letter from bank to verify balance
Copy of Embassy Letter for income verification ( USA)
Photo

This time they kept the original of the Embassy Letter and gave me back the photo copy.. Seems they may now actually require you to get a new letter each year.

I was not asked to show a photo copy of CC or Debit Card at either the application desk 8 or at the supervisors desk.. Needless to say, I didnt ask or offer one. Nor did they ask me any personal questions about income or how I access it here in Thailand..

They were fairly busy when I went around 10A but only waited about 15 minutes or so before I was called to the desk. They said to return tomorrow to pick up the passport.

November 27th, 2007, 11:47
However, it gives the impression you copied every page in your passport and bank book. What about it?

TOQ
November 27th, 2007, 13:19
However, it gives the impression you copied every page in your passport and bank book. What about it?

That is correct, but is a new passport and only have 3 pages of visa stamps... Bank account I copied each page for a total of 5

November 27th, 2007, 13:27
Last time I went - July - I had to provide photocopies of all pages of my Bankbook since that previous application a year back, plus the first page with bank number etc.

Interesting to hear that the Pattaya's new rule regarding ATM cards and credit cards is not being currently applied.

ned kelly-old
November 27th, 2007, 13:43
I also went monday and renewed my retirement visa and included a copy of my bank card (both sides) as indicated in the release of the latest requirements. No pension involved just proof of the 800K baht transferred in at least 3 months prior.(so copies of bankbook and bank letter-original)
The female captain or major who handles the second processing deleted the numbers on the card with a thick texta pen.
I had previously deleted the last four numbers and the verification last 3 numbers on the reverse.
Passport pages to be copied and signed only info page, copy of last entry stamp, copy of last visa and copy of TM advice.
Collected visa at 4.00pm with no problems.

November 27th, 2007, 14:47
Two posters go for renewal of retirement visa. One no bank card the other yes. Isn't it fun in Thailand?

November 27th, 2007, 15:40
... that one had to produce a letter confirming that you don't have a criminal record from the relevant authority in your home country.

December 1st, 2007, 01:13
Just as well there's no necessity for a criminal record check - I don't know the figures for other Nationalities but read recently in the British Press that about 25% of UK citizens have a criminal record

December 1st, 2007, 06:49
I don't think they should check too closely into the the lives of the remaining 75 %.

December 1st, 2007, 07:36
... that one had to produce a letter confirming that you don't have a criminal record from the relevant authority in your home country.

Do the Aussies have a problem with that? Wehee!

I also find it a bit difficult to believe that 25% of the travelling British Public have criminal records.

Could you tell us where you read that please.