PDA

View Full Version : London Heathrow Terminal 5

November 27th, 2007, 02:40
I noticed today that this new terminal opens next March - it will have state of the art technology along with "no check in", apparently, you have to check in online and print out your tickets, unless you are business/first class - then you just place your luggage in a specified area at the terminal. Will be interesting to see how it progresses. Then, its the reburbishment of T2, I suspect they will do all of Heathrow - well its going to take 5 years, so I suspect so.

T5 (I think, dont quote me) is for BA only, so "probably" on the BA flights to BKK or Asia cities. Mind you next year is supposed to be the introduction of Air Asia X cheap flights to KL.

November 27th, 2007, 09:05
I noticed today that this new terminal opens next March - it will have state of the art technology along with "no check in", apparently, you have to check in online and print out your tickets, unless you are business/first class - then you just place your luggage in a specified area at the terminal. Will be interesting to see how it progresses. Then, its the reburbishment of T2, I suspect they will do all of Heathrow - well its going to take 5 years, so I suspect so.

T5 (I think, dont quote me) is for BA only, so "probably" on the BA flights to BKK or Asia cities. Mind you next year is supposed to be the introduction of Air Asia X cheap flights to KL.Gosh! You mean they're catching up with the way people travel in America and other places (such as TG in Bangkok) where there are airport kiosks or even (gasp) online check-in?

Sen Yai
November 27th, 2007, 19:43

T5 (I think, dont quote me) is for BA only, so "probably" on the BA flights to BKK or Asia cities. Mind you next year is supposed to be the introduction of Air Asia X cheap flights to KL.Gosh! You mean they're catching up with the way people travel in America and other places (such as TG in Bangkok) where there are airport kiosks or even (gasp) online check-in?

Don't worry whitedesire, you won't have to check-in on-line. They're just making this facility available.

In case you hadn't noticed, T3 has been under refurbishment for the last 7 or 8 years and the new external drop-off concourse is a great improvement. T4 will be subject to renovation when BA move to T5 and there is a plan to replace both T1 and T2 with a single new 'East Terminal'. All not before time!