PDA

View Full Version : Bars for non alcohol drinkers?????

November 26th, 2007, 01:37
I am gonna be back in BKK soon and I was wondering about a problem I had on my last trip.

Babylon and Dj Station was great about serving schweps and other non alcoholic beverages. But when I was at Telephone bar they treated me like a leper. After that I felt that I would rather not try anymore bars on soi 4.

So can anyone here suggest bars to go to? or bars to saty away from?

Kamma Kid

Metta (loving kindness and compassion)

November 26th, 2007, 03:14
I have never had any kind of a problem ordering non alcoholic drinks at Telephone, any bar in Soi 4, or for that matter any other bar in Thailand. Perhaps you had an unusual experience at Telephone or are being hyper sensitive for some reason???

Sen Yai
November 26th, 2007, 03:24
I agree with Soi10Tom. I've ordered non-alchoholic drinks in many bars in Bangkok and never had any 'attitude'. I think you're being oversensitive. Take a chill-pill KammaKid

November 26th, 2007, 05:20
That it sounds like a single occurance.

And yes my nerves were rather rattled from the crush there at soi4 during Songkran. But there was definately some resentment from the bar keep when I ordered bottled water. He exclaimed WATER !!! like I had just asked for Babies Blood.

Kamma Kid

Metta

November 26th, 2007, 05:32
So can anyone here suggest bars to go to? or bars to saty away from?

Oscars in Pattaya does one of the best cafetieres of coffe around, under 100baht

allieb
November 26th, 2007, 18:33
That it sounds like a single occurance.

And yes my nerves were rather rattled from the crush there at soi4 during Songkran. But there was definately some resentment from the bar keep when I ordered bottled water. He exclaimed WATER !!! like I had just asked for Babies Blood.

Kamma Kid

Metta

Perhaps they were a bit supprised as I would be at someone drinking bottled water on every order. If you don't drink alcohol then try to be a bit more imaginative when out in a nice bar and have a fizzy soft drink or a fresh juce

November 26th, 2007, 18:40
... almost invariably I drink iced tea. However there are bars that specialize in non-alcoholic drinks - I believe they're called "milk bars" :bounce: