PDA

View Full Version : Brian (Boxer) Wigley RIP

jinks
November 24th, 2007, 20:24
Brian Wigley 1941 тАУ 2007.

My friend and ex-partner.

http://www.jinks.clara.net/forum/brian.jpg

The saddest thing about growing old is outliving your friends.
The older one gets the more funerals you have to go to.

I have known Brian for over 30 years, he had several тАЬstrings to his bowтАЭ and always was a keen photographer.
The move to Thailand gave him great pleasure in being able to follow his hobby and to give others pleasure in seeing his work. http://www.boxertravels.net

I first became involved with him at the Nightingale Club where I was the treasurer and he looked after the promotions and parties.
We, together with another pattaya resident M.H. (obeying the rule on names) took over a rundown pub in the centre of Birmingham.
We called it Partners (see below).

I left the pub while Brian and M.H. continued and they opened a night club called Tin TinтАЩs .
They both retired to Thailand - SEPERATELY - not together, god forbid, never together.
I used to look forward to seeing Brian on my annual pilgrimages normally over the Christmas holidays.
This year will be sad without one of my friends to visit and reminisce with.

For the gossip mongers, Brian made most of his money as a partner in a firm of bailiffs.
He was getting more in pension payments than I earn 

In better times.. Brian seen here (red hat) on my right (I have the 6 shooters) with our staff at Partners Bar Birmingham 1989.

http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/1989/images/partners87_jpg.jpg

And a few years ago in that (small) apartment in the sky. Christmas 2003.
http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai/pattaya05/images/brian-deer-me_jpg.jpg

R.I.P. my friend.

Bob
November 24th, 2007, 20:40
As I noted elsewhere, I met Brian several years back and, like David in Pattaya, he was more than eager to provide helpful information to newbes. Nice guy and we'll all miss his photographic skills which kept many of us informed of various events and places throughout Thailand.

Rest in peace, Brian. And condolences to his close friends and family.

November 25th, 2007, 00:23
Hi,

Just to add to the above comments.

Brian was the man responsible for the original Throb/ Splash websites, he also did my posters, leaflets, flyers and just about everything else publicity wise for me.

He was a great guy, good friend and nothing ever seemed to be too much trouble. His work was efficient, and always delivered promptly and with a smile.

We shared transport to Bangkok when we were both visiting the Horizon Cancer Clinic in Bangkok, both of us suffering with two different types of Cancer.

I am very saddened to hear of Brian's death as I was with David in Pattaya.

He loved this Country and tried very much to enlighten those who did not have the benefit of living here through his galleries and website.

He will be missed by many.

His funeral is to take place this coming Monday at 1.00pm November 26th at Wat Chai Temple in South Pattaya.

A request for no black ties has been made, those wishing to wear them are asked to wear coloured ties or no ties at all.

RIP Brian.

Kevin.

November 25th, 2007, 09:09
I've always enjoyed his pics and, though I never met him, he seemed like a nice guy.

My heart goes out to his friends, esp jinks.
Did he have a boyfriend?

November 25th, 2007, 10:16
I've always enjoyed his pics and, though I never met him, he seemed like a nice guy.

My heart goes out to his friends, esp jinks.
Did he have a boyfriend?

Kenc,

Yes , he did. A long standing boyfriend of many years, he accompanied us to Bangkok.

November 25th, 2007, 12:04
Brian was loved by everyone who knew him, a kind man and someone who enjoyed having fun.

He will be sorely missed not only as an individual, but also his great contributions to the gay community all over Thailand. His reporting and photos were excellent and updated the same or next day on his website.

Brian, rest in peace.

November 25th, 2007, 14:49
Just to let you know that after the funeral, refreshments will be available at White Night in Soi VC (next to Topman).

Also at 10am on the day of the funeral the Monks at Wat Chai will be chanting and friends etc. are welcome to attend.