PDA

View Full Version : Topman Bar

November 21st, 2007, 00:18
I have been visiting the Topman bar on a regular basis since it first opened. I have seen the show Through good and bad, however since Micheal sold it has never been the same John and David were never able to get the show back on track. Now it has gotten even worse than i thought possible, all the male solo's have been replaced with pieces from the 60's or even earlier, a poor change in my opinion.
Sitting through the show last night was pain full, and it showed on the faces of all the other patron's. There was only one number that drew respectable applause from the crowd. There once was humor in some of the pieces, but that has been removed, not sure why. It appears they have forgotten what the show is all about " entertainment " For some reason they have decided they needed to add some special effects, a fog machine, as anyone knows the ventilation system in Topman has always been lacking, with the added fog breathing is even more difficult.
On a positive note i am happy to see that the new owner has decided to keep the old staff, it is nice to go into the bar and not be pressed to off a boy. Friendly and attentive enough to make you feel welcome, but not pushy. The age of the dancers has remained legal which was a concern for some customers as was mine.
I do hope they are able to get the show back on track, stop trying to make a Broadway production and just provide good entertainment.

TrongpaiExpat
November 21st, 2007, 00:29
stop trying to make a Broadway production and just provide good entertainment.

Speaking of Broadway productions, Cats in Bangkok only has 8 days left if any of you heathen Pattayites want to see a real show.

Yes, I admit that Nobel Laureate poet T.S. Eliot and Andrew Lloyd Webber is nothing compared to the world famous choreographic teem of Khun Nuts and Khum Num of Pattaya.

November 21st, 2007, 06:57
stop trying to make a Broadway production and just provide good entertainment.

Speaking of Broadway productions, Cats in Bangkok only has 8 days left if any of you heathen Pattayites want to see a real show.

Yes, I admit that Nobel Laureate poet T.S. Eliot and Andrew Lloyd Webber is nothing compared to the world famous choreographic teem of Khun Nuts and Khum Num of Pattaya.

If they don't make a Broadway production, Marsha [ Mark] won't be able to put his dress on!