PDA

View Full Version : Royal Palace Hotel

February 20th, 2006, 03:28
Anyone got any info on this hotel esp if gay friendly and bringing back guests ok

February 20th, 2006, 07:03
www.pattaya.thaihoteldiscount.com/royalpal.html (http://www.pattaya.thaihoteldiscount.com/royalpal.html)

It is one of three hotels all owned by the same company and in a row. Welcome Plaza and The Royal Twins Palace being the other two. The are close by Boyz Town area and shopping in South Pattaya. I think they are OK about overnight guests. Certainly the Welcome Plaza used to be and The Royal Twins was last week.[/img]

2lz2p
February 20th, 2006, 08:26
It has been a few years since I stayed there, but when I did it was an acceptable tourist class hotel. The bf insisted we stay there since he had paid for a "membership card," which entitled us to a discount - as I recall it cost him 400 baht for the year and we got at least 200 baht a night discount off regular room rates. Rooms come with breakfast for two (buffet - typical, nothing special - offers eggs, thin ham, toast, etc. or various Thai/Asian dishes. they do book some large Asian tour groups, but I never found the place to be crowded. Since I booked a double room with my bf, I can't speak to any joiner fee, but I don't recall seeing anyone having a problem. As to gay friendly, if you mean you and a bf would feel comfortable there, then the answer is yes. As I have found in most hotels in Thailand, they would be more appropriately described as "gay neutral" whereas places such as Poseidon, Bandi, etc., which are gay owned and operated, would be "gay friendly." The only time I recall any "problem" was once when returning in the wee hours with the bf - the security guard at entry barrier to car park said something in Thai and repeated it as we walked across car park - the bf ignored him and we went on into the hotel. I asked what it was about and bf said it related to him coming in with me and the guard was probably wanting to get some money - since nothing happened when we continued on, I presume it was just an isolated attempt by that guard get money rather than a hotel policy (the only time out of several stays at the hotel).

Ask for a double bed - these rooms seem to be the ones that face 2nd road/royal garden - you can even see a patch of ocean between the Royal Garden and other buildings. Each room has a small balcony. The rooms on the back side do not have a view and usually come with twin beds (got one once and had them move us the next day). Location is very convenient to boys town. The hotel was quiet at night, which was a plus - there is a row of shops and the car park between the hotel and 2nd road.

manfarang-old
February 20th, 2006, 22:42
The bf insisted we stay there since he had paid for a "membership card," which entitled us to a discount - as I recall it cost him 400 baht for the year and we got at least 200 baht a night discount off regular room rates.
Same same me :happy8:
We stayed there this past November. The place was doing a brisk business but our stay was fine and the security guards were nothing but courteous. The pool looked nice, but as often happens, the German tourists had staked out most of the chaises by 8am. I seem to recall a sign posted that there is a charge for overnight guests. I don't know if booking a double eliminates this charge.
As 2lz2p says, an acceptable tourist class hotel. Not great, not bad, good location for the bars.