PDA

View Full Version : everything old is new again !

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 20th, 2007, 11:25
what ho !

perusing the BBC website I see that a well know long-time Pattaya resident has a song he wrote back in the charts about 38 years after Elvis Presley recorded it-You Don't Have To Say You Love Me has gone straight in at no 16 !.

Older gays ( like Homitern and Aunty) will know that it was de rigeur for every bender to have in their LP collections every recording by the great Dusty Springfield ( who first had a number one hit with this song), Barbara Streisand with more trashy types adoring Liza Minnelli ( Liza with a z).

Apparently, according to his website ( where some posters come in for a severe tongue lashing) the songsmith is currently touring Vietnam, China etc seeking out new brilliant young talent to make into stars..what a dream job !!

let's hope the Charleston gets a revival..along with long lunches.

November 20th, 2007, 11:52
let's hope the Charleston gets a revival..along with long lunches.I thought that there's nothing else to do in Pattaya except have long lunches

Lunchtime O'Booze
November 20th, 2007, 12:06
that should have been 'older gays like HOMINTERN"

yes indeed..."I thought that there's nothing else to do in Pattaya except have long lunches "

the trouble is that most people prefer to have them without moi !

trivia moment : my Sydney spy informs that the songsmith was there recently to give media interviews and one newspaper commented upon his recent book "I'm Coming To Take You To Lunch"...some tome about that famous cottager George Michael who he once managed.

Not having fully explained that it was a book title-apparently quite a few readers responded and accepted what they thought was a lunch invitation !!
Sort of thing I would do. :cheers:

November 21st, 2007, 07:46
Come on Boozy, do we have to be so coy about mentioning the guy's name? Its easy enough to find out with a little google-oogling.

The name rings a bell but I can't quite place where I've heard it.

What everyone is really dying to know is.....what name does he post under on Sawatee! :geek:

cottmann
November 21st, 2007, 08:31
what ho !

perusing the BBC website I see that a well know long-time Pattaya resident has a song he wrote back in the charts about 38 years after Elvis Presley recorded it-You Don't Have To Say You Love Me has gone straight in at no 16 !.

So Vicky Wickham lives in Pattaya?

Dusty Springfield sang it first, and it will always be her song - who cares about Elvis Presley?

Pino Donaggio and Vito Pallavicini wrote the original tune and lyrics - "Io che non vivo senza te." English version by Vicki Wickham and a now Pattaya resident.

{This resident has requested that his name does not appear on message boards - jinks}