PDA

View Full Version : Guys go-go / KQuill

November 17th, 2007, 12:07
In my opinion Kquill is a good businessman and did a top notch job as owner of Throb and Splash. I imagine the new owners of Guys could use his help as a paid consultant. I have no idea if Kquill has the time or interest nor if the new owners would approach him. However, if I was in the new owners of Guys I would seriously consider asking him. Would others have a suggestion as to who they could consult....someone that has a good track record in actually running a successful club?

November 17th, 2007, 19:32
Another person singing the praises of Mr Q.
whats his alias -- Clark Kent, the way people on here go on about this geezer youd think he was bloody Superman, or does he have such a hold on you bunch of weak minded tarts, that you have to suck up to him.
Ive nothing personal against him as i dont know the guy, but all the sucking up on this board to one guy uck :colors:

November 17th, 2007, 23:19
Ive nothing personal against him as i dont know the guy,

Exactly. If you did know him, any comments you made about him would come out of your other orifice, instead of your arsehole, which your comments here so obviously came from. What a moron. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shake_head.gif

G.

thaiworthy-old
November 17th, 2007, 23:46
whats his alias -- Clark Kent, the way people on here go on about this geezer youd think he was bloody Superman, or does he have such a hold on you bunch of weak minded tarts, that you have to suck up to him.
Ive nothing personal against him as i dont know the guy, but all the sucking up on this board to one guy uck :colors:

This opinion of Mr. Q by Mr. D is absolutely unwarranted.

Mr. Darko, there is a line of dialogue in the movie titled after your name that reads, "Every living creature dies alone."

Similarly, I think your opinion will die alone. I heartily agree with George.

Wesley
November 18th, 2007, 05:38
One the most entertaining ,members of the board and a good mate to top that. I have rarely seen him abuse anyone like he was just massacred with your Vitriol. He takes a genuine interest in the lives and interest of other board members. Such language would be better reserved for Billy Boob.

Wes

Sen Yai
November 18th, 2007, 06:30
....... the way people on here go on about this geezer you'd think he was bloody Superman, or does he have such a hold on you bunch of weak minded tarts, that you have to suck up to him.
I've nothing personal against him as i don't know the guy, but all the sucking up on this board to one guy uck :colors:
This opinion of Mr. Q by Mr. D is absolutely unwarranted.
.... I think your opinion will die alone. .....

The opinion is not unwarranted and will not die alone, as I share the sentiment expressed by donny-darko.

But I think you are missing the point, thaiworthy. There is no real criticism of kqwill by donny-darko here. The criticism is of the other posters who continually place kqwill on a pedestal.

Like donny, I don't personally know kqwill or many of the other posters here, but I share his view that the number of sycophantic posts recently has been rather toe-curling.

I think that the inner clique of Pattaya queens may sometimes forget that this message board is read and even supported by members from across the globe, few of whom have personal contact with members currently resident in Thailand. Some may be interested in the personalities directly involved in the scene, others not so.

Consequently, the opinions of all members and contributors to this forum are valid. The way we express our opinions is a matter of choice and it is up to others to interpret and respond as they see fit. However, I think it is necessary that we all stop to consider the opinions maintained by other board members before posting knee-jerk reactions based upon a blinkered view.

Many of us have no knowledge of (and no interest in) the expat owners and managers of the gay bars and restaurants in Thailand, but our opinions on the content and quality of posts on this forum are no less valid than those who enjoy the tittle-tattle posted by those 'in the know'.

Criticism, bad-mouthing and condemnation of individual board members from a position of ignorance is, of course, a different matter :blackeye:

krobbie
November 18th, 2007, 08:51

Oh dear, how very jealous you sound. It's probably not your intent but it is quite apparent.

I myself have never met kquill but it would be obvious to a blind man that he speaks his mind and keeps his own counsel, each as needs must. Personally, I find his musings interesting and enlightening.

By the by Dunny, what are you doing on here with a bunch of weak minded tarts? Getting some education perhaps or maybe your on holiday from another message board. My advice? Don't unpack.

Cheers though

November 18th, 2007, 09:15
But I think you are missing the point, thaiworthy. There is no real criticism of kqwill by donny-darko here. The criticism is of the other posters who continually place kqwill on a pedestal.

I think you are the one that is missing the point Sen Yai. Where in Pattaya Male's post was he sucking up to KQuill? All he was doing in my opinion was starting facts and didn't deserve the derogatory remarks made about his post that came from DD. In my opinion Kquill is a good businessman and did a top notch job as owner of Throb and Splash. Do you have any argument with that statement?

I have no idea if Kquill has the time or interest nor if the new owners would approach him. However, if I was in the new owners of Guys I would seriously consider asking him. Is there something wrong in asking anyone with experience in a chosen field that has proved to be successful in it, for some tips, drawing from their considerable knowledge and experience of the business? As far as I am concerned, it would be a very sensible thing to do, especially for the owners of Guys after what I have seen of the posts about the place here.

Lastly Pattaya Male asks: Would others have a suggestion as to who they could consult....someone that has a good track record in actually running a successful club? No sucking up there as far as I can see and a question that both you and DD failed to answer. In fact neither did anyone else including me. I will put that right now by saying other than KQuill, I would ask the owner of Crazy Dragon, especially in view of the length of time that he has lasted in Sunee and how successful he has been. I am sure this little reccommendation of mine will go down well here. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

As far as I am concerned, there is a big difference between sucking up to someone and falsely placing them on a pedestal, than acknowledging someone for the obvious talents that they possess, as well as their track record.

In lots of cases the written word can come across totally different than how it would in the spoken one. If DD and yourself read PM's post again, you may just read it in the same way that I did. Give it a try.

G.

thaiworthy-old
November 18th, 2007, 09:32
As Gomez Fong (RIP) might have said, "I think I've struck a nerve!"

But seriously, why is Mr. Kevin Quill such a controversial subject?

Why?

In the late 90s I used to watch him stroll up the terrace on the Ambiance side of the street. I would see him about with every trip back then. and he always had a smile on his face. He was so busy I never had the opportunity to meet him. Then in the early part of the decade, once again, there was Kevin Quill strolling up the terrace, except now he is on the opposite side of the street. I don't remember him smiling all that much, like he used to. And not until I recently, by reading what people had to say here, did I understand why.

What I don't understand is why this particular Pattaya businessman stirs up so much emotion here. He just happens to be gay and a successful businessman in Thailand and this forum is about gay Thailand.

Maybe I don't know all the facts or have read all the posts, but this is conduct unbecoming. I think we should be more supportive of each other. It is an easy thing to hide behind our anonymity and attack each other because we never have to see each other face-to-face.

After all his health and legal problems, it amazes me how this man has the strength to pull himself together and build another hotel. What is wrong with having a member of the community speak for himself among us and benefit from what he has to say? Okay, he benefits too . . . but it also seems as if the words here have more of a tone of something much stronger than just unpopularity. And I don't like what I'm reading.

I think what I really found offensive is calling other people on this forum, people I know of and respect, "a bunch of weak-minded tarts."

Why all this emotion? Is this really necessary?

November 18th, 2007, 10:00
As Gomez Fong (RIP) might have said, "I think I've struck a nerve!"

But seriously, why is Mr. Kevin Quill such a controversial subject?

Why?

In the late 90s I used to watch him stroll up the terrace on the Ambiance side of the street. I would see him about with every trip back then. and he always had a smile on his face. He was so busy I never had the opportunity to meet him. Then in the early part of the decade, once again, there was Kevin Quill strolling up the terrace, except now he is on the opposite side of the street. I don't remember him smiling all that much, like he used to. And not until I recently, by reading what people had to say here, did I understand why.

What I don't understand is why this particular Pattaya businessman stirs up so much emotion here. He just happens to be gay and a successful businessman in Thailand and this forum is about gay Thailand.

Maybe I don't know all the facts or have read all the posts, but this is conduct unbecoming. I think we should be more supportive of each other. It is an easy thing to hide behind our anonymity and attack each other because we never have to see each other face-to-face.

After all his health and legal problems, it amazes me how this man has the strength to pull himself together and build another hotel. What is wrong with having a member of the community speak for himself among us and benefit from what he has to say? Okay, he benefits too . . . but it also seems as if the words here have more of a tone of something much stronger than just unpopularity. And I don't like what I'm reading.

I think what I really found offensive is calling other people on this forum, people I know of and respect, "a bunch of weak-minded tarts."

Why all this emotion? Is this really necessary?

Nice post Thaiworthy and I agree with your sentiments. Let's hope that it receives some positive responses, which I think it will. As I am a realist, I am sure that your words will fall on some deaf ears, but thankfully, those ears I believe, are in the minority here.

Thanks,

George.

November 18th, 2007, 10:05
As I am a realist, I am sure that your words will fall on some deaf ears, but thankfully, those ears I believe, are in the minority here.http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/sleeping.gif

November 18th, 2007, 10:23
As I am a realist, I am sure that your words will fall on some deaf ears, but thankfully, those ears I believe, are in the minority here.http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/sleeping.gif

And in some cases Thaiworthy, those ears are attached to a bald headed old cunt. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

November 18th, 2007, 13:25
Like Thaiworthy, I observed Kquill move across terraces on Soi 3 for many seasons without ever speaking at length with him. Never cared much for his show bars. However, I have found and still do find something very decent and compelling about the man's strength and character despite all the ruminations about his personal life.

Appreciate the rational and emotionally stable approach of Thaiworthy and George in saying in sum, let's move on.

November 18th, 2007, 20:07
And in some cases Thaiworthy, those ears are attached to a bald headed old cunt.The aforesaid kquill has been on my SGT {Ignore} list for months - based on what he wrote prior to that I think he's a founder member of the Pattaya Plonkers Club but I'm not remotely interested in his personal life. George on the other hand ...

November 18th, 2007, 20:16
And in some cases Thaiworthy, those ears are attached to a bald headed old cunt.The aforesaid kquill has been on my SGT {Ignore} list for months - based on what he wrote prior to that I think he's a founder member of the Pattaya Plonkers Club but I'm not remotely interested in his personal life. George on the other hand ...

As a self-publicist KQ has to be admired but apart from that I see nothing to even fainlty admire about the man.

The fawning queens who appear to crave his every word and worship him as some sort of hero really do need a reality check.

November 18th, 2007, 20:48

As a self-publicist KQ has to be admired but apart from that I see nothing to even fainlty admire about the man.

The fawning queens who appear to crave his every word and worship him as some sort of hero really do need a reality check.

Naughty but nice,

I love you too, let's go out for dinner.

November 18th, 2007, 20:48
As a self-publicist KQ has to be admired but apart from that I see nothing to even fainlty admire about the man.Do you think he cares?

November 18th, 2007, 21:19
As a self-publicist KQ has to be admired but apart from that I see nothing to even fainlty admire about the man.Do you think he cares?

I am sure he will not lose much sleep over me thinking he is a dork!

Brad the Impala
November 18th, 2007, 21:25
[quote="Naughty But Nice":31i11670]As a self-publicist KQ has to be admired but apart from that I see nothing to even fainlty admire about the man.Do you think he cares?

I am sure he will not lose much sleep over me thinking he is a dork![/quote:31i11670]

"Dork"! What a quaintly inappropriate word to use.

November 19th, 2007, 04:34
[quote="Naughty But Nice":25h79h8d]As a self-publicist KQ has to be admired but apart from that I see nothing to even fainlty admire about the man.Do you think he cares?

I am sure he will not lose much sleep over me thinking he is a dork![/quote:25h79h8d]

There are only two dork's on this board in my opinion NBN and you are both of them. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

Wesley
November 19th, 2007, 06:43
I have had my reality check thank you and it was not what you thought it would be.

Wes