View Full Version : Pattayaland Soi 1/3 update

November 17th, 2007, 09:27
Just arrived on my latest visit to LOS. My thoughts on some bar changes in the Boyztown area.

Tai Boys. Newly opened in Soi 1. Being run by Louis, the old manager of the old Tai Boys/City Boys/Gacuya with many of the same waiters. Bar quite well appointed and seats comfortable and all of course very clean as befits a new establishment. They have approximately 30 boys go-go boys on parade to suit a wide variety of tastes but, fortunately, ladyboys and muscle marys are at the moment in a minority. They have a 'sexy' show each night, which is nothing much to write home about. Unfortunately the bar suffers from the same disease as the bars named above i.e. the music is far too loud.

Star Boys. recently moved to Soi 1 from Soi Karaoke across 2nd raod. Again well appointed as would be expected from a new bar and at least the decor is a bit brighter being red rather than the ubiquitous black. Most of the same waiter staff on show. Fair variety of go-go boys numbering about 20 although they hope to entice more to work there.
"sexy' show once a week on Friday nights put on by some of the go-go boys but may become more frequent. Music volume moderately loud but bearable.

Serene Bar. Pattayaland Soi 3 being currently renovated. Work nearly finished and they have a 're-opening' this Sunday coming (18th) with a buffet provided. The decorations are a vast improvement and the previous (long time ago) glass dorrs will be restored. The tables and chairs are due to be replaced as well in the next couple of weeks.
This welcome refurbishment now provides another comfortable and updated venue for those who wish to avoid go-go bars and just watch the world go by

November 17th, 2007, 10:11
Serene Bar. Pattayaland Soi 3 being currently renovated. Work nearly finished and they have a 're-opening' this Sunday coming (18th) with a buffet provided. The decorations are a vast improvement and the previous (long time ago) glass dorrs will be restored. The tables and chairs are due to be replaced as well in the next couple of weeks.
This welcome refurbishment now provides another comfortable and updated venue for those who wish to avoid go-go bars and just watch the world go by

And it will go down well with those "walletly challenged" who scour Pattaya for cheap beer!

November 18th, 2007, 09:22
And it will go down well with those "walletly challenged" who scour Pattaya for cheap beer!
The prices now are not that much cheaper than the two other 'beer' bars either side. However, surely cheap(er) drinks is a big selling point when compared with the exorbitant prices now being charged in neighbouring hotel bars and go-go establishments!!

Regrettably things are nowhere near the same since you left Soi 3 Kevin. The days when you provided excellent service and value for money are long gone ... much the pity.

catawampuscat
November 18th, 2007, 12:58
Just outside Sunee Plaza in Pattaya, an observant farang, will notice a small open air, tiny restaurant. It is very close to Look Boys and on
other side of the soi. Look for one or more farangs sitting with bottles of beer on their table and you will have found the cheapest beer in town.
Action gets started in the early afternoon..

It is very close to Little Mango restaurant and don't worry about dress codes or even wearing a shirt in this little nameless joint.. :cat:

November 18th, 2007, 15:34
Just outside Sunee Plaza in Pattaya, an observant farang, will notice a small open air, tiny restaurant. It is very close to Look Boys and on
other side of the soi. Look for one or more farangs sitting with bottles of beer on their table and you will have found the cheapest beer in town.
Action gets started in the early afternoon..

It is very close to Little Mango restaurant and don't worry about dress codes or even wearing a shirt in this little nameless joint.. :cat:

Agreed Cat, and often with some good and entertaining company in there. I am known to have a few in there myself from time to time. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Wink.gif

Cheers. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/beerchug.gif

G.