PDA

View Full Version : hardrock cafe or hotel?

February 19th, 2006, 22:48
Always wanted to pop into the hardrock one evening, as i believe they have good entertainment like live bands - is this right?

also is it the hotel or cafe i need to visit for this & alcohol beverages, does bs have to be 20?

Jetsam
February 19th, 2006, 23:51
Always wanted to pop into the hardrock one evening, as i believe they have good entertainment like live bands - is this right?

also is it the hotel or cafe i need to visit for this & alcohol beverages, does bs have to be 20?

I'm afraid so , as I understand the minimum age for enterering a bar is 21 :(

Dodger
February 20th, 2006, 01:18
Monkleigh,

I've visited both HRC's in BKK and PTY, and both have a routine of booking great kick-ass Rock bands. The one in BKK seems to have a longer reach and gets bands from Taiwan, Korea, Japan, etc., and the one in PTY, at least the 3 or 4 times I've been there, hire local Thai bands, although they're usually great....and the cheezeburgers are even better.

I've never seen either place card anyone, but I imagine if one of us gay gays came staggering through the doorway with an 18 Y/O gogo boy in one hand and a half empty bottle of 100 Pipers in the other, they may have a problem.

Cheers...

February 20th, 2006, 01:37
My friend was asked his age the one and only time we went to HRC. He looked young but was actualy 25 so after a quick flash of the id there was no problem. It was a great night and always meant to go again.

thrillbill
February 20th, 2006, 05:09
Every 3-4 months, my body and soul in Pattaya needs a Hard Rock Cafe "fix" - where I need a decent cheeseburger, waiters who smile and know how to wait on tables, a place without the "Hi, where U from- what's your name...my name is Lek...", and a good band. I've always enjoyed the bands at Hard Rock Pattaya. (on weekends there is an entrance fee so if you get there before 10 pm I believe you avoid it.) (As you know the beer and food is expensive compared to the rest of Pattaya. )

February 20th, 2006, 10:58
The Hard Rock is a restaurant that caters as much to families with kids as to unmarried middle-aged rockers, so u might expect not to be "carded," except possibly after ordering alchohol from the menu.

I won't go to the Bangkok HRC. If you ask for a no-smoking table they want you to walk up to the featureless 3rd floor, where all the smoke goes anyway.

Dboy
February 21st, 2006, 03:42
I'm always surprised when I see positive comments about the Hard Rock.

Dboy

March 6th, 2006, 13:40
where I need a decent cheeseburger (As you know the beer and food is expensive compared to the rest of Pattaya. )

3 nites ago i was drinking at red dragon bar and got hungy. when i asked the owner where to get food he called nidys nook down the street. i ate there before and it was good but this time they hand deliverd a cheeseburger and fries. it was the best dam berger ive had in thailand. and it was half the price of the hard cock - i mean rock.