PDA

View Full Version : News from Topman and the re hash taking place.

November 15th, 2007, 13:37
Hi,

just to let you know,[ for anyone interested] Mark, formerly of Throb has been given the job at Topman to try and get the shows updated and on the Map.

I don't know which former showboys will be going with him.

The new person in charge is Lu Lu, the French guy who has Kaos or whatever they are calling it today.

This is only information and I have no involvement or financial interest at all.

November 15th, 2007, 14:18
With Lu Lu or Lou Lou ;like they say in french ; in charge I fear it will become another playground with under aged boy's like in his other bars so wait and see what will happen

catawampuscat
November 15th, 2007, 16:15
Unless you have checked the ID cards for birthdates, it is not fair to cast the underage net over LouLou.
You can find many 18 y.o. boys that look younger. I don't doubt many boys in the Sunee Plaza area
boy bars are of questionable legal age, but zeroing in on one farang seems wrong.

Just look at TopMan if you want to find overage boys but of course they are leftover from the former
owners.
The TopMan show badly needs freshening up as it is very dated. I hope the new farang, shows some imagination and
doesn't just do the same old thing. Throb/Splash show has been a bad joke for years and the new
management hasn't a clue about what the market wants. Maybe it is the straight Russians that they
cater to and it will work in high season but die the rest of the year..

Guys in Day-Nite also starting a new show and the old show was kateoy kateoy ladyman but far better
than some others. Time will tell.. :cat:

November 15th, 2007, 16:38
True there are 18 year old boys who look younger
true always check the ID but be sure it is the right ID lending ID cards from an 18 year old friend is a classic thing with or without the help from the mamasan

jimnbkk
November 15th, 2007, 17:12
I was in Sundance in Sunee Plaza the other night. I thought the boys looked young, and asked a couple how old they were. One said 17 (looked 14) the other said 16 and looked it. I left quickly and solo.........

November 15th, 2007, 19:26
Just two observations: -

As regulars here know, the subject of underaged go-go boys crops up frequently on this forum. Invariably, some forummers will say that some boys are indeed 18 years old, only that they look young. Therefore, such and such a bar should be safe (and by implication, a bar worth going to). I've always found this rather amusing, illustrating a gulf between one set of punters and another.

For want of a better term, the "Sunnee (Pattaya) set" and "Nature boys (Bkk) set" seem to like boys who LOOK underaged - like 14 year olds. They are very concerned about the risks involved, and therefore get quite involved over such issues regarding police raids, whether the IDs are genuine, whether they're really 18 , and so on. The assurance that the boys only LOOK young is a significant factor in conversations among them.

To the opposing set - what, again, for want of a better term, I'd call the "Soi Twilight (Bkk) set" or the Boyztown (Pattaya) set" - descriptions like "They only look young" are not turn-ons, but turn-offs. It doesn't matter to this set of punters whether the boys are of legal age or not. What matters is that they look too young. The very assurance that they are of legal age, far from being a selling point, is almost a reason to stay away, because it implies that the boys are marginal in appearance. They don't look "manly" enough.

The second obseravtion is this:

Just because a businessman had previously managed Kaos, which by my experience was full of horrifically young-LOOKING boys, doesn't mean his next business adventure would be similar. A business is a business. Its profile should be to serve whatever the market wants. Of course though, that's just theory. Top Man being located in Sunnee, I would agree , is quite likely to emerge from the "re-hash" looking like any number of Sunnee bars.

Brad the Impala
November 15th, 2007, 19:46
For want of a better term, the "Sunnee (Pattaya) set" and "Nature boys (Bkk) set" seem to like boys who LOOK underaged - like 14 year olds.

Are you confident about the "Nature boys(Bkk) set? I have never seen any one who even looked under twenty there, and given the intimate size of the bar, I can say that about every boy there!

November 16th, 2007, 01:41
Kevin. I thought that you and Mark were going to open a Show bar. Had heard from many that you were both looking at properties in the Sunny Plaza area.

Great news that a new show is coming to Topman. If anyone can turn Topman around Mark can. Good luck, will be there on his opening night. Anyone know when the new shows begin.

November 16th, 2007, 09:51
For want of a better term, the "Sunnee (Pattaya) set" and "Nature boys (Bkk) set" seem to like boys who LOOK underaged - like 14 year olds.

Are you confident about the "Nature boys(Bkk) set? I have never seen any one who even looked under twenty there, and given the intimate size of the bar, I can say that about every boy there!

Dear Brad,

I agree.

I have no confidence in the comment made about Nature Boys, I agree their "antics" are very "near the knuckle" , but that is not what we are talking about.

I disagree with the poster either implying or stating that the boys there are underage, or if they are, I certainly have not seen them.

Was macaroni21 meaning the "rough and ready brigade" of boys, as that would be true and nearer the mark!

Sin City Queen,

I have met Mark recently on a number of occasions. I also informed Mark, I would NOT have anything to do with being up front or hands on with a bar or showbar in Sunnee Plaza.

I do not object to having a beer, a laugh or going to see David at Come Inn and various other bars.

I don't think it is the sort of area either to move into, [apart from the benefit of low rents!]

I feel the negativity of the area and inherent problems it faces daily, is not something I feel I want to have to deal with, other than as a customer buying a beer.

For me,especially being outspoken on issues. I think it would be dangerous, in so far as giving possible ammunition , to certain Policemen and Journalists,[ the fact that such allegations would not be true, would then be my task to prove, especially with previous encounters with these bodies]

I have completed the purchase of the site in Pratumnak for the proposed Hotel, and will wait and see what happens in the near future with elections, The Kings health and other important matters that have a bearing on whether Foreign business people should be operating in Thailand at the moment.

It is of slight concern, that Sonthi has said the possibility of another coup could not be ruled out. That, in itself, seems to imply, if certain people don't get their own way in elections, other options may be used.

Around town, for November, in what is usually a very busy month, there does not seem to be a great deal of movement of people. I grant, it is busier, but not what it was or used to be. Are those days gone?

November 18th, 2007, 16:48
Are you confident about the "Nature boys(Bkk) set?

Are you implying that the boys in NB are underage, Dear??

This may have been the case years ago - but things have changed. I know the place VERY VERY well, Pet.

Just because it is not a show bar or caters to the tourist crowd or is in the gay ghetto of Soi Twilight and is small, does not mean that is houses the underage, Sweetie.

Indeed one would be hard pressed too find any underage in BKK. Borderline maybe but not underage........

Go Go bars in BKK had their use by date in BKK many many many moons ago, Darling.

November 18th, 2007, 17:39
Borderline maybe but not underage........

Borderline? What does this mean?
The 'boys' are either underage or they are not.

November 18th, 2007, 18:13

Borderline, sweetie, means BORDERLINE. It means, unless they have past their use by date and look older, or have a walking stick like you, best to let the buyer beware, as they say, Hon!!

November 18th, 2007, 18:37

Borderline, sweetie, means BORDERLINE. It means, unless they have past their use by date and look older, or have a walking stick like you, best to let the buyer beware, as they say, Hon!!

Mmmmm! 'Ones mans meat is another mans poison' walking stick an all - darkling.

TrongpaiExpat
November 18th, 2007, 20:55
Indeed one would be hard pressed too find any underage in BKK. Borderline maybe but not underage........

Go Go bars in BKK had their use by date in BKK many many many moons ago, Darling.

About 1999/2000 the underage boys were taken off the menu. There were a few police actions but not enough to have stopped it if there was a demand. I don't know what happen other than maybe the demand moved else where to some other city--I would not be so presumptive to name that "other" city.

In the 80's, early 90's the legal age in the bars was 16+ and some bars had mostly 16 to 18 year old's.