View Full Version : Did you stay in Astera Sathorn Apartments Bangkok ?

November 14th, 2007, 23:15
Hi,

I will go in Thailand in February-march. Last time, I stayed in a hotel for a few days but this time I would like to stay about a week. I think an apartment is less expensive. I search in Internet and I found this hotel apartment. Do you know if it is gay friendly ? Or do you have any information about apartment in Bangkok ?

Thanks for your advice

Lionel.

November 15th, 2007, 13:51
Seems nobody has stayed there.

For B1450 per night you get the standard room of 24sqm. That could be approximately 18ft by 12ft and the bath room comes out of that.

The location seems to be close to Sathorn Road so there may be noise and other heavy traffic problems but it's said to be close to Saphan Thaksin which means good for jumping on the Skytrain or river boats. Not particularly close to the gay end of Silom, Soi Nandha, Ngam Duphlee etc.

Well it looks new and clean, so let us know how you get on.

November 15th, 2007, 14:45
Thanks for the advice,

The first time I came in Thailand was for business and I stayed in the Oriental. I tried to invite a friend but the hotel did not allow. The second time I stayed for the weekend in the Tarntawan which was a very gay friendly hotel and very close to the Tawan bar. It was very nice as I'm a big fan of bodybuilder.

This time, it will be for only holiday purpose. I would like to stay a week to visit around Bangkok. I think an apartment could be cheaper. Maybe you have an idea of other apartment not very far from the gay area ? I don't want to have the same problem I had with the Oriental.

Thank you by advance for your help.

November 15th, 2007, 19:48
...I think an apartment could be cheaper. .....I don't want to have the same problem I had with the Oriental....

The issue here is you want to go very CHEAP, and not the Oriental's joiner policy. Let's face it, there are tons of five star hotel that allow free joiners.
I have stayed at JW Marriott, Le Merridian, Sheraton (both sukhumvit and Orichid), Westin...etc etc. None of them have problem with joiners. In fact, at two of these hotels, I went back with 2 guys to my room for orgy, no problem at all.

krobbie
November 16th, 2007, 00:29
Thanks for the advice,

The first time I came in Thailand was for business and I stayed in the Oriental. I tried to invite a friend but the hotel did not allow. The second time I stayed for the weekend in the Tarntawan which was a very gay friendly hotel and very close to the Tawan bar. It was very nice as I'm a big fan of bodybuilder.

This time, it will be for only holiday purpose. I would like to stay a week to visit around Bangkok. I think an apartment could be cheaper. Maybe you have an idea of other apartment not very far from the gay area ? I don't want to have the same problem I had with the Oriental.

Thank you by advance for your help.

There are many old threads on SGT regarding this matter. I have posted a couple myself in regards hotels. I have ended up booking The Rose for January. Search The Rose Hotel on here a read some of the posts.

http://www.rosehotelbkk.com/overview.html

earch Good luck and all the info you need are in GST back posts.

Chok dee,
Krobbie