PDA

View Full Version : Spot the location. Any ideas?

November 14th, 2007, 22:19
OK, this one is for all of you farangs that profess to know Thailand well. Where in Thailand was this picture taken?

G.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Viewfromroom1.jpg

Jetsam
November 15th, 2007, 01:10
OK, this one is for all of you farangs that profess to know Thailand well. Where in Thailand was this picture taken?

G.

From your room.

you made it easy because name of the picture is viewfromroom

November 15th, 2007, 01:21
I hope you did not pay much for the room
Looks like you out in the middle of know where

Bob
November 15th, 2007, 03:45
Impossible, ol' George. Nothing in the photo that I can see or read that would give any clues; nevertheless, out of the absolute wild blue, I'd guess Nong Khai.

November 15th, 2007, 05:53
I hope you did not pay much fro the room
Looks like you out in the middle of know where

lol...lol...lol... :bounce:

TrongpaiExpat
November 15th, 2007, 12:10
The sign on that building says house designs, the phone number starts with 038, where's that?, somewhere south of Bangkok, like Chonburi. I can't make out the last 2 numbers or someone could just call and ask where they are locted.

By the way, what does the correct poster get?

November 15th, 2007, 12:17
By the way, what does the correct poster get?

You may well ask that question TE, but I am afraid that I couldn't possibly comment. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

By the way, good detective work. Although 038 covers a large area, Chonburi is one of those areas that has 038 as it's code. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biggthumpup.gif

G.

November 15th, 2007, 13:33
well, it certainly appears to be the Sukumvit Highway in Pattaya, and I may be wrong, as it could just be a lull in the traffic, but I am guessing it is further north, as it always seems that Suk Highway from Tepasit Rd to Pattaya Nua and past is very full of traffic--taken from some roadside condo balcony over some shophouse or business??

krobbie
November 15th, 2007, 13:58
Fattman ... that's no prize. One can pick that up anywhere.

Cheers

November 15th, 2007, 14:27
Well, how about telling you that it was taken with a Nikon Coolpix E5200 just before 6.30am on Saturday? Does that help?

I was wondering if that was a railway track in the background?

TrongpaiExpat
November 16th, 2007, 14:04
The real mystery is what is George doing in a hotel room somewhere in Chonburi if he lives in Jomtiem and why did he take a photo from his room at 0630 of the road?

November 16th, 2007, 14:48
The real mystery is what is George doing in a hotel room somewhere in Chonburi if he lives in Jomtiem and why did he take a photo from his room at 0630 of the road?

Sorry to disappoint you TE, but I didn't take the picture and neither was I staying in the room

G.

Brad the Impala
November 16th, 2007, 15:18

Sorry to disappoint you TE, but I didn't take the picture and neither was I staying in the room

G.

So will you know with any certainty where this truly memorable place is?!

November 16th, 2007, 17:20

G.

Hi Brad, I have never claimed to know where it is. I was hoping that someone here may have been able to tell me.

G.

Sen Yai
November 16th, 2007, 19:54

G.
Hi Brad, I have never claimed to know where it is. I was hoping that someone here may have been able to tell me.
G.
Oh for fcuks sake! This little teaser was boring enough with it's totally featureless landscape and no other apparent clues, but now you have no idea where it is either, George!

I was expecting some interesting revelation about this location to entertain us, but is it really just mile 42 on the road to nowhere?

Is there even any reason why you have asked for help to locate this fascinating place? Is your bf being held to ransom by a gang of drug crazed katoys in this flat, or is the building opposite the secret location where Taksin is hiding, in preparation for his return to power as leader of the PPP?

Please don't just tell us that you found the picture on the web and asked if anyone knew the location, just from idle curiosity!

Actually, a 'Spot the location' quiz for places of interest in Thailand might be quite entertaining. Maybe others could post images of recognisable locations - if they know the answer!

Smiles
November 16th, 2007, 20:06
" ... Oh for fcuks sake! ... I was expecting some interesting revelation about this location to entertain us, but is it really just mile 42 on the road to nowhere? ... "
The ever-polite Khun Sen Yai going ballistic :wav: . Never witnessed that before, and very cute.

I never bothered getting into this, even though that photo reminded me of ... well ... nothing much! But I had presumed that there was some story or anecdote behind the original post (there still may be), but it looks as though none of that is forthcoming (???).

Let's say this, as pure speculation: It's "somewhere" on the main highway between Surin and Ubon and it's hot, and it's dusty, and it's totally nondescript, and George had just received the-blowjob-of-his-life in the bathroom behind the gas station from a handsome Isaan gas jockey and is now desperately (and I mean desperately!) attempting to find the place again through the Total Accumulated Knowledge of this message board.

Good luck George ... and cheers ...

November 16th, 2007, 21:53
Let's say this, as pure speculation: It's "somewhere" on the main highway between Surin and Ubon and it's hot, and it's dusty, and it's totally nondescript, and George had just received the-blowjob-of-his-life in the bathroom behind the gas station from a handsome Isaan gas jockey and is now desperately (and I mean desperately!) attempting to find the place again through the Total Accumulated Knowledge of this message board.

Good luck George ... and cheers ...

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/roflao.gif Excellent Smiles, now if only that were true.

Please don't just tell us that you found the picture on the web and asked if anyone knew the location, just from idle curiosity!

Hi Sen Yai, no, my B/F isn't being held ransom by a by a gang of drug crazed katoys in this flat, neither is the building opposite the secret location where Thatskin is hiding out. Well, not as far as I know anyway.http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif I assure you I am not asking the question out of idle curiosity, nor am I looking to waste the time of anybody. I have a genuine reason for asking the question, but unfortunately can not divulge why. Sorry to be so mysterious.

Thanks,

George. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/Peace.gif

November 17th, 2007, 09:06
....Oh for fcuks sake! This little teaser was boring enough with it's totally featureless landscape and no other apparent clues, but now you have no idea where it is either, George!.....

...Is there even any reason why you have asked for help to locate this fascinating place? Is your bf being held to ransom by a gang of drug crazed katoys in this flat, or is the building opposite the secret location where Taksin is hiding, in preparation for his return to power as leader of the PPP?....

Oh honey, that's one of the funniest things you've ever posted. It almost makes up for that nasty avatar of yours!

This is almost as good (bad?) as Stickman's guess the location contest.
At least the "prize" is not a free drink at some straight "girly go-go bar" or restaurant. :str: