PDA

View Full Version : Tipping for service

February 19th, 2006, 11:39
In Australia its not in our culture to tip.Sure you round up the fare in a taxi,but you dont go throwing everyone tips like they do in America.
Im sicking of leaving tips in Thailand,its like they expect it.I dont mind rounding it up to the nearest thing but not big tips.I will give you an example,the drink was 100b,i gave 500b,and when the change came i was gonna give 20b tip,but the waiter brought back 4 100 b bills.
And he stood there waiting for me to give him one of those 100 b bills as a tip.I thought stuff this,mate dont be a dropkick and think ya gettin anything now.So i handed him a empty plate and told him next time include a few 20 b bills.I always tip baht bus drivers.
But i dont like people asking for tips."Tip for me,tip for me?
Im not a flamin bank,i have to go out and work for my money.
No more tips for anybody is my new policy.And my workmate whose parents are from Israel is teaching me negotition and haggling skills as he doesnt want to hear my stories of being ripped off anymore .

February 19th, 2006, 13:55
Hi, feel free if u would love to tip or not. Just happy to do as u wish coz u never hurt anyone about tip or not.

that's my view... :alien:

February 19th, 2006, 14:27
Well thankyou Chai,your opinion has been noted.

February 19th, 2006, 14:39
from Israel is teaching me negotition and haggling skills

I'm sure both your fans on here are relieved to hear this. Once you have those skills that have brought such calm to the Middle East

:pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10:

we can all lie back and relax in the outbreak of peace. 555

:pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10:

February 19th, 2006, 18:19
Why on God's green Earth would you want to tip a baht bus driver?

February 19th, 2006, 20:14
Why on God's green Earth would you want to tip a baht bus driver?

"Thank you for not swearing at me, cheating me or knifing me, and for letting me off by paying only double of what Thais pay?" :blackeye:

February 19th, 2006, 20:22
bitch, bitch, bitch...hahaha...i love it. :geek:

February 19th, 2006, 23:27
I wonder how the boys will react to his no tipping policy. I always tip . 20 baht is 50 cents to me but a meal to a thai and I have seen to many farangs that treat thai people like dirt or sub class people. If I can't go to another country and show them how much I appreciate being there than I don't think I would go.

Jetsam
February 20th, 2006, 00:40
I wonder how the boys will react to his no tipping policy. I always tip . 20 baht is 50 cents to me but a meal to a thai and I have seen to many farangs that treat thai people like dirt or sub class people. If I can't go to another country and show them how much I appreciate being there than I don't think I would go.

agreed, but "if" what mrsydney say is right and the waiter comes with change that is in no proportion to the purchase , than they get nothing or maybe 5 baht :headbang: